Chapter 7

Bring Me Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

                What the hell was I going to do? I stood in the middle of the hallway, staring down at the piece of paper in my hands. I just walked into my room, and set the note on my dresser. Walking to my closet, I pulled out a pair of sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Throwing them onto my bed in a small pile, I took off all of my makeup and pulled my hair back into a pony tail. I felt more exposed, like someone was watching me. But then again, I constantly felt like that. The feeling should have been normal by now but then again what was normal for me?

                “Emberlee?”  Jackson’s voice leaked through the door to my room as I quickly arose from my seat. I walked over to the door and opened it to see him, in basketball shorts.

But that was it.

                I swallowed the lump in my throat as I spoke up.

                “Uh, sorry. I was just taking off of my makeup.  Are you ready?” He wrapped his hands around my waist slightly, just the same as the way when we danced together earlier.

                “As ready as I will ever be.” We walked over to his room, shutting the door behind us as he took a seat on his bed, and I could see all of the blankets, pillows, along a stack of movies on his nightstand.

                “What’s all this?” I asked him with a giggle.

                “I never said our date was over, my Princess.” He made room for me on his bed as he laid out all of the DvDs. I scanned them as I sat down on his bed, discovering th

Please log in to read the full chapter