Chapter 6

Bring Me Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Turn.” Erika said, sitting on my bed with Greyson as I tried on outfits for my date with Jackson. I was currently wearing a pair of black leggings with a floral crop top. Greyson examined me carefully.

                “It’s too girly for you.” This is the last thing I had in my closet, and nothing seemed good enough to wear for my first (and maybe last) date with Jackson. I sat on the bed and put my head in my hands. What the hell was I going to do now?

                “I have nothing to wear!” I pouted as Erika stood up excitedly.

                “Wait!” She took off to her and Bambam’s room. She came back with a dress; it seemed perfect. The white lace top was gorgeous, and the light blue bottom flowed easily, the fabric becoming longer in the back. I took it in my hands as I nervously made my way to the bathroom. I changed into the dress not daring to make eye contact with myself in the mirror. I walked back into my room; their responses just about shocked me.

                “Oh my god. Emberlee.” Greyson put her hand on her chest, as if she was surprised. I looked at Erika, and then back to Greyson.

                “Is it that bad?” I asked them with a worried face. Erika clapped her hands excitedly as she sat me down on the chair she set up to do my makeup.  Greyson took over my hair; neither of them would allow me to see what they were doing to me. I sat there for what seemed like an hour, and it had only been around ten minutes.

                -One hour later-

“Are you done yet?” I asked Greyson annoyed as she took out the last bobby pin from my hair.

                “Yes. Now, look at yourself. You look gorgeous!” I turned to see myself in a full length mirror.

Whoa.

Was that….

Was that me?

                I turned slightly in the mirror, the top of the dress hugging my chest perfectly. The white lace flats matched my dress and my hair was perfectly straight. There wasn’t a lot of makeup on my face; some powder, mascara, and lipstick looked natural. I could see why they were so taken aback when I came in wearing the dress. It was absolutely gorgeous on me, and that’s not something I ever think of myself.  I could hear a knock on the door as the time on my phone read “7:00 PM.”

                “Come in! Unless it’s Jackson, then you can go wait in the living room.” I watched as Yugyeom and Youngjae came into my view.

                “Noona, you look beautiful!” Yugyeom hugged me tightly. I giggled as Youngjae just stood there. He didn’t seem too impressed with what I was doing tonight.

                “Jackson is waiting in the kitchen for you.”  He muttered, not making eye contact with me and walking back out of my room. I felt really bad, but I pushed my sympathetic thoughts away as we all left my small bedroom, my shaky footsteps trailing down the hallway. Before emerging around the corner, I watched as all three of them ran ahead of me.

                “We now present to you,” Yugyeom began speaking like I was royalty.

            

Please log in to read the full chapter