Do I Know You?

We'll find our way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reyna trudged along the icy roads of Seoul not caring if she even slipped, oblivious to the icy wind attacking her already frozen cheeks. She felt stupid. She was stupid. What else did she expect? That Jinwoo would call her name and pull her close and announce to the world that they were friends? Ridiculous. Though a fantasy, a small part of Reyna wished it were true. She kicked clumps of snow frustrated. She knew she had to move on, find a job and just simply get on her with her life but right now she had hit a slump. A slump she wasn’t sure she would be able to get off without a helping hand. Suddenly she crashed into a sturdy back and almost fell back if it wasn’t for the arms that latched onto hers. Come on Reyna, what is this new habit of crashing into people she thought.

 

“Woah there kid!” Reyna glanced up to find a rather handsome smiling down back at her. His jet black hair, mostly covered by his matching black cap, fell into his eyes, and the absence of wrinkles told her he was only a few years older than her. Yet he had called her a kid. Reyna had some height on her yet the fine specimen in front of her still managed to top her by a few inches. It was only after she realised how strong the grip on her arms were that she noticed his broad shoulder and well defined physique. “Why the long face kid?”

 

He steadied her and let go of her arms. Feeling the absence of warmth Reyna frowned. The stranger ruffled her head to which she wasn’t sure how she should react. She didn’t like strangers touching her but he had helped her…

 

“I’ll tell you what kid, since I’m feeling generous today, I’ll buy you some bungeo-ppang,” said the stranger pointing to the fish shaped bread stall in front of them. “Do you want the red bean one or the custard one?”

 

Somehow Reyna’s voice had escaped her and she couldn’t find the words to tell him that she didn’t need this sweet delicacy. Before she knew it the handsome stranger was holding held out 2 bungeo-ppangs in front of her. Seeing that she wasn’t taking them, he grabbed her hands and wrapped her gloveless fingers around each bungeo-ppang.

 

“Kid, when people usually receive something, they say thank you,” the handsome stranger lectured.

 

Reyna tilted her head at searched his face for what she wasn’t sure. She was having a case of deja vu and she know had the sneaking suspicion that she knew who this stranger was. Though while Reyna had some academic smarts, she wasn’t really good at putting names to faces.

 

“Kid, I know I’m handsome but didn’t your parents every teach you that it is rude to stare?” Though he was scolding her there was a twinkle of a smile present in his eyes. He bit off his own bungeo-ppang and while chewing added, “perhaps they didn’t teach you manners in general? Aren’t girls supposed to be nice and polite?”

 

Reyna scoffed, “I guess it takes one to know one. Talking with your mouth full is hardly polite.”

 

She took a bite of her own bungeo-ppang and her eyes widened in delight. The red bean was incredibly sweet and complimented the crunch of the pastry perfectly. She then proceeded to try the one in her other hand. If her eyes were capable of widening anymore, they sure did. She was sure she liked the custard one even better.

 

With a small smile Reyna said, “thank you. These are delicious. I should have said thank you straight away. I was distracted and hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter