NII

We'll find our way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone!!! Sorry for the delayed update, everything has been super busy but finally I've had some time today! Sorry for any mistakes, I didn't edit as much as I should have. Enjoy! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reyna watched the raindrops drizzle down the bus window as the bus clambered through the upbeat streets of Seoul. She was on her way to yet another interview for yet another job she didn’t want but what could she do? Already a week had passed since she landed in Korea and still no luck with a job. Perhaps she had been much too ambitious. Reyna traced the raindrops with her finger on the cold window. Each trace revealing more of the city through the fogged up windows. She eyed the strangers of all shapes and sizes, some victim to the rain while others huddled under their umbrellas with their significant other. Without realizing it, her lips curved and her forehead scrunched into a frown when she spotted a slim, tall figure with jet black hair in practically the same outfit he wore with his arm draped around another. As the bus turned around the corner she caught a glimpse of the identity of the figure. Indeed a stranger. What a silly girl she was to even think of him.

 

She often tried to push out any memories of her first night in Seoul, any memories of the fun she had, any memories of what might have been her first friend in Korea, any thoughts of him but of course her success would only last momentarily and eventually her thoughts would drift back to that night. Reyna sighed heavily. She wasn’t really sure what she was doing with herself. She still didn’t regret coming to Korea but every now and then she wanted to kick herself for her lack of planning and organization. She couldn’t keep staying at the hotel in Yongsan; 4 extra days there was already more than enough. Every day Reyna would watch her bank account decrease at a frighteningly rapid pace; she had forgotten she still had to pay her bills back home on top of all the expenses in Korea. Reyna groaned in frustration. A job. That would fix it all. Silently she wished and wished that she could find a tech related job but of course all that she found was miscellaneous jobs that she either had no experience for or she really didn’t want to do. Why was life so hard?

 

The bus abruptly halted to a stop and Reyna felt herself lurch out of her seat and onto the bus floor. Of course she had to sit in the middle seat on the back row with only the aisle in front of her. Reyna groaned as her bones ached and complained for the impact. She blew wisps of hair out of her face and glanced up to see a hand in front of her face reaching out to help her. For a moment she was frozen unable to move or think. Was it him? No it couldn’t be again…could it? While lost in her thoughts she heard a mumble above her.

“Huh?” Reyna looked up to meet the stranger.

“Hey lady, are you ok?” It was too good to be true after all…

“Yeah, I’m fine thanks kid!” Reyna responded to the high schooler unable to hide her disappointment.

 

Reyna dusted herself only to notice that the bus was still at a standstill. Peering through the front window ahead she eyed the hoards of people surrounding the roads ahead. She pressed her face to the nearest window, ignoring the sudden cold greeting it gave against her cheek. It seemed like the crowd was trying to get into a NII store. What was so special about NII? Did they release a new product or something? Although whatever it was, she doubted it could cause this much of a commotion. People were streaming in from all directions as though treasured gold was awaiting them. She shifted her position trying to get a better a look at what was going on, completely ignoring the bus driver’s announcement apologising for the delay. You could call her nosey but she was simply drawn to the unexpected situation that was present in front of her. Why deny her curiosity?

She cocked her head back, “hey kid, do you have any idea why there’s such a commotion?”

“Probably a fan meeting or something,” shrugged the high schooler indifferently.

“Huh? A what? A fanmeeting? For the clothes designers or something I’m guessing?” questioned an intrigued Reyna. “Didn’t think NII was all that fashionable…but then again this is Korea…”

The high schooler shrugged some more, “actually I think it’s the models for the store. Fan meetings are popular in store for models who endorse the product.”

“Ooooooh. I see. I guess the model must be really popular then judging by the amount of people,” pondered Reyna.

“Hey bro,” the high schooler nudged his equally dorky looking friend standing beside him. “Do you remember who endorses NII? Immer or something right?”

“It’s WINNER dork not Immer,” corrected his friend so quietly it was barely audible.

“Yeah! Winner! Same thing!” exclaimed the high schooler.

 

Reyna’s eyes immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter