Seoul Here I Come

We'll find our way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As usual in London the sky was a bismal grey encouraging the gloomy atmosphere of the cold winter day. Reyna tapped her fingers on her luggage to the beat of "Don't Flirt" only stopping with the occasional lurch as the tube halted at each stop. She glanced at her watch nervously. 11am. Her flight to Seoul was in 2 hours and in 10 minutes she'd arrive at the airport. Only 10 minutes to change her mind and head back home instead of going forth with her crazy idea. What was she thinking? 

                                                                                                                 ***

It'd been 6 months since she graduated from her London university in Computer Science but 6 months and a million job applications later she found herself jobless and low on her savings. Reyna had no clue what to do with her life anymore. What use was being smart and getting a top class degree if when it came to the interviews she flopped and found herself unable to speak? When it came to computers and technology Reyna was your girl but like a lot of computer nerds she liked to spend her time indoors safe behind her glaring screen. It's not that she couldn't talk to people, it just took her a while to warm up to a person and feel comfortable. 

 

After laying in bed and contemplating life all night at 5am it hit her what to do. Hop on a plane and leave. Maybe that meant Reyna was running away from everything but frankly she didn't care and she doubted anyone would notice. She packed and repacked her suitcase 5 times before she was satisfied. Now her life was crammed into a tiny suitcase and a laptop bag she had to decide where to go. She knew some French so she could go to Paris but that was too close for comfort. Reyna could just imagine her mother hopping on a train to Paris and dragging her back home to misery. Reyna settled for Asia, it was far enough where her mother would think twice about coming to fetch her...but where in Asia? Obviously, it had to be a city since she was way too much of a city girl to go elsewhere...but where? She had learnt Japanese for fun a few years ago but she could barely remember most of it now. China was a no go because of the Twitter restrictions. Reyna sighed realising the obvious choice. Korea. After an internship with Samsung while at university Reyna had been forced to learn some Korean so she could communicate with their Korean offices. Despite her language skills, she had never actually been to Korea. 

By 8am Reyna had everything sorted for her sudden move to Korea. She didn't even bother leaving a note for her family. It might seem cold hearted but she was afraid they'd find it before she left and right now she wasn't sure if she had the courage to go through with it.

                                                                                                          ***

The speakers on the tube blared annoucing the final destination - London Heathrow Airport. She zigzagged through the crowds and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter