To Hapjeong We Go!

We'll find our way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the end it was Reyna who ended up paying for their toasty hot chocolates topped with deliciously satisfying whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Reyna hadn't expected to spend an hour with the guy named Kim Jinwoo chatting away as though neither of them had a worry. So far she had discovered he was the middle child who abruptly left his hometown, Imjado, for his dreams waiting for him in the capital of Korea. Like herself Jinwoo was a 91liner born in the last third of the year but it felt like Jinwoo was worlds, if not dimensions ahead of Reyna. He had become a part of the group called Winner last year and even before their debut this year they had already become a natural phenomenom. It was strange that this idol was sitting right in front of her as though it was the most natural thing in the world but she knew it'd all be over shortly and before either of them knew it, it'd probably be a distant memory. 

 

They had just met but they were already sharing comfortable silence as they sipped their lucious drinks, savouring every droplet of the chocolate concoction. They seemed to have a mutual understanding and felt at ease to dip in and out of conversation. Jinwoo glanced at the clock eyeing the handles turning towards midnight. Couples and friends were shuffling out of the soon closing Starbucks. Jinwoo sighed inwardly, for the first time in a while he was just chilling without much worry but already it was coming to an end and they'd have to face the harsh swirling winds through the falling snow. 

"Ok Cinderella, it's time to get you home," smiled Reyna noticing the clock. 

"Cinderella?" questioned the pouting Jinwoo. "I'm not a girl!"

"Oh really? I think you'd look quite pretty as a girl! Ever dressed up as one?" Reyna teased with an arched eyebrow.

Jinwoo's eyes instantly swept to the floor avoiding her gaze. The silence was enough for Reyna to know the answer to her imminent question and response Reyna burst out laughing. "Haha! Are you forreal? You actually dressed up as a girl before?" She clung to her stomach as her insides started hurting from the bellowing laughter. After regaining her composure Reyna whipped out at her phone and Googled "Kim Jinwoo girl" and within seconds there were pictures of a true beauty adorning her screen. It was Reyna's turn to pout, "this isn't fair! You look prettier as girl than I do!" The glaring Reyna noticed noticed Jinwoo's lips curl into a small smile. 

The workers started ushering them out of the cafe since it was now passed closing time. Reyna and Jinwoo could no longer avoid the bitter winds awaiting them. As soon as they were outside Reyna lead them to the nearest Subway station only too find they had just missed the last train just moments before. 

"Jinwoo, are you in a rush?" 

"Well I need to get home soon but...why?" 

Reyna stared down at her phone mumbling a few words to herself here and there forgetting that Jinwoo was waiting for an answer.

"Reyna? Earth to Reyna? Knock knock" pestered Jinwoo.

"Hmm.. who's there?" Reyna mumbled.

Startled by her reply he wracked his brains for a clever knock knock joke. Aha! "Dr.!"

"Dr. who?" responded Reyna not really interested as she stared some more at her phone.

"Exactly, Dr WHO!" replied Jinwoo wiggling his eyebrows. When the unimpressed Reyna remained silent he bounced up and down like a puppy, "you know right. Dr. Who? Tardis! You're British right? You don't know?"

"I know I know, anyway how do you fancy a walk along the river?" inquired Reyna.

"A walk but it's cold..." complained Jinwoo.

"Well the subway is done for the night, the buses run every hour but we just missed that too and I don't see any taxis about so I don't really think we have a choice."

"Ah? Is that so. Ok a midnight stroll along the river it is! To Hapjeong we go!" bounced an energetic Jinwoo.

Except it wasn't a stroll, the excited little fella slipped after his first step and once again Reyna couldn't help but laught at him. She did help him up though and together they set off in the dark night to Hapjeong. The streets were far from busy despite the hundreds of bright lights signalling the presence of a bustling city. It was quiet but it didn't really bother either of them too much. After all they had each others company. Before the pair knew it they had reached the Han River. The river was so wide it felt like two of the Thames River were put together to form a giant river. It seemed like the dark as oil river travelled on for miles. Reyna eyed the river noticing dark patched were it had ice over. She shivered at the thought of falling into the freezing water and how deep it was. Despite the river's nightmarish qualities it looked beautiful along the banks with the lights streaming in from the thousands of buildings and twinkling among the dark skies. 

For a while the two of them walked in comfortable silence with each pace matching the other. Reyna watched as they marched along the banks.. LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT RIGHT...she giggled to herself when she changed the chant in her head to the army like LEFT, LEFT, LEFT RIGHT LEFT. LEFT, LEFT, LEFT RIGHT LEFT! She giggled some more as she raised her arms to match her wide strides. Jinwoo watched her amused trying to figure out what on earth she was doing but he was completely baffled by it all. All he knew was that she had maybe lost it and was doing some sort of weird march. He wondered if for a brief moment she was overtaken by aliens. It would explain a lot he decided, like why she didn't know where he was and why she kept laughing at his misfortunes. Yep she was possessed by an alien he confirmed to himself as he watched her continuing to march ahead. Surprisingly, it didn't bother him and so far she had been good company. It had been a while since he could just be comfortable in front of someone outside the YG family. 

"Hey Dr. JinWho! Hurry up or I'm gonna leave you behind!" yelled Reyna who was already a good 60 metres ahead. 

Jinwoo ran up to Reyna and by the time he reached he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter