If Things Go Wrong... We Can Always Make It Right

My Kitten

Soooooooooo... It's been a long time, right? More than 2 months...

I'm here just to say sorry for my delay and thanks to everyone who subscribed and review-d and voted. I never, ever expected the response I got when I first decided to post MK, so I'm deeply grateful.

I wrote this chapter 4 times before finally giving up. I'm not completely satisfied, but if I'm honest, I probably never would be. I just want the best for you guys...

Our journey together is about to end, but I'm certain we will see each other in a not so distant future ^^

I'm sorry for my mistakes and please enjoy the final chapter of My Kitten~

.

.


.

.

“Oh, so it’s your pet? I saw it maybe fifteen minutes ago. It looked very lost” a woman in her mid thirties says as Hongbin shows her a picture of Taekwoon – it’s one of his favorites, his cell phone background and one of the hundreds he took when the catboy was distracted – watching television; pout in his pink lips, lower lip caught between his teeth, ears high in his head, hands wrapped around a cup of warm milk.

Hongbin gives the woman a tight smile; he resists the urge to growl at the ‘it’ use. He’s not an ‘it’, he’s a ‘he’! “You remember what direction he was going to?” she looks away, deep in thought, before pointing the direction.

“I think it went that way. Careful boy, that area is dangerous for pets at this hour”

The photographer nods, whispering a small and disgruntled “Thank you” before heading to the direction pointed; he knows better than to question the woman, this being the first hint he gets in forty minutes. He calls Wonshik as he walks – semi-runs; large and constant footsteps– and informs him he found a clue about Taekwoon’s whereabouts, telling where he’s heading to and warning the dangers for the oldest in their group. On the other side of the line, Wonshik apprehensively tells the news to Hakyeon, who shrieks so loudly that even Hongbin, feels a bit deafer. He is sorry for his best friend ears.

This part of Seoul is not very far from his neighborhood, which surprises Hongbin. Judging the time he was away, Taekwoon could be far away from the area. The idea that the hybrid somehow kept himself near soothes his heart; his aching heart that craves for the boy.

It means that he is waiting for Hongbin deep down. He’s waiting to be found, or at least, is what the photographer desperately wants to believe. That Taekwoon wants for him to find him, that he wants to come back home.

I’m coming, Taekwoonie. I’m going to find you. We will go back home together and… What the hell is all this?

An annoying noise is making him lose concentration; shouts and curses echoing in the relatively silent street. They make him cringe; Hongbin can almost feel the waves of violence the screams carry, and he wonders why people look so… nonchalant about the fuss.

“Another fight?” a woman is talking to her boyfriend – Hongbin think it’s her boyfriend, judging the way he has an arm wrapped around her waist – as the couple walks near the photographer.

The man shrugs “I guess. Probably a gang found some lost cat-hybrid”

Hongbin freezes in his spot; his feet glued in its place.

It can’t be. Gang? Cat-hybrid? In the direction the woman saw Taekwoon going?

His heart will stop at any second, he’s certain; it beats like crazy in his ribcage, leaping against his ribs painfully. There’s the faint taste of blood in his mouth because he bit the inside of his cheek with too much force in a vain attempt of controlling his emotions. Desperation is by far the feeling that makes a quick way to his heart, at the same time it fogs his mind. Hongbin knows cases – they’re always appearing in the news – of gangs that killed several hybrids, knows cases of hybrids that were disfigured after beatings.

Taekwoon can be in this situation; cornered against a wall, maybe on the floor, receiving punches and kicks and all types of violence. They can abuse him…

Suddenly his feet are not glued to the ground anymore; they’re light, almost too light, and Hongbin dashes in the noise direction. It’s fainter than before, just whimpers of pain and foul words.

He turns one street and finally, finally finds Taekwoon.

Not in the situation that made him panic, to his relief.

And yet, the photographer can’t help but to feel shock directed to the scene displayed right in his front; his eyes widening and mouth opening without a sound coming from it.

.

.

.

.

His mind is fogged by his survival instincts.

He barely registers the sharp pain on his left shoulder or the bright red blood oozing slowly from the cut in his hand – the one he got on Hongbin’s house, now deeper – or even the way his lugs burn from all the exertion he’s been making for the past minutes. His breaths come in rapid puffs; his ears listen to every noise in a twenty feet range and his eyes flick madly, searching for new enemies in the shadows.

The sensations – awareness, fear, anger – are too familiar for Taekwoon. He felt them during most of his life, especially in the time he had to fight against other hybrids and sometimes runaway teenagers, drug addicts; anyone who needed the little money the fights provided. They made him feel the rush, the drive to keep surviving. They made him receive the nickname of ‘Leo’ for his wildness.

The same wildness that made Taekwoon defeat all these people who were chasing him. The same people who now are on the floor, whining and gasping from pain; bodies full of scratches and one – maybe two – broken nose and several bruises that certainly would become an ugly purple in a few hours.

“Y-You beast!” one girl – the only one in the human group standing – exclaims, big brown eyes full of make-up and fear.

Taekwoon stares her with blown eyes; black pits that couldn’t really see her. In his mind she’s the enemy, she wants to hurt him, break his already shattered being.

She needs to be neutralized. Eliminated.

Taekwoon walks in her direction with a slightly quivering body; apparently one of his legs in hurt as well. He diverts from one, two, three, four beaten bodies – he accidentally kicks one boy, who recoils and cries in pain – and soon is standing right before her. The girl is on her knees, and thin fillets of blood stain her face. Someone like Taekwoon never bothered to distinguish boys of girls; if they threatened him, they were treated the same way. 

“G-Go a-away!” the girl stutters, afraid. She never could have guessed that this catboy was strong to the point of taking them all down alone. “F-Filthy animal! Stay a-aw-away from m-me!” she shouts.

Said ‘animal’ grabs her long hair, pushing it so the girl lets a sob escape ; tears prickle her eyes.

Taekwoon analyses her carefully; he seems almost innocent with his big – ripped – sweater and head bend slightly to the side, but in his eyes, a cold and calculating look. “Repeat. What I am?” he orders, his tone commanding. She gulps and starts to cry; Taekwoon doesn’t bulge, and tugs her hair “Repeat” he orders again.

“P-Please” she pleads, struggling weakly in his iron hold “P-Please… I’m so-sorry, I-I’m sorry”

A bit of light returns to Taekwoon’s black orbs; he blinks twice, regaining focus and control; his instincts still kicking in, but at a moderate pace. He releases the girl “Leave. All of you” he says loudly and as if to make his point, growls at the end.

Hurriedly she does exactly this; stands with skinny and weak legs and runs, losing her balance once because of her high heels.

One by one, the others start to get up, all too scared of Taekwoon to even look in his direction; one boy with broken nose accidentally crosses eyes with the hybrid and Taekwoon snarls, making the boy squeak in utter fear.

Alone, Taekwoon finally starts to breathe evenly; his body still trembles and hurts, but there’s no apparent danger anymore. He closes his eyes, and relaxes, letting his senses drift from their too aware state.

By doing this, his ears listen to a shallow breathing, a bit distant from his current spot.

Taekwoon’s eyes snap open, turning in the breathing direction.

Black cat-like orbs meet almond brown ones.

Hongbin…

.

.

.

.

The moment Hongbin’s eyes meet Taekwoon’s, the younger boy feels like crying. He can’t contain the relief and the happiness, the sheer love he feels for the hybrid that stands right on his front, a few meters from distance.

It doesn’t matter that he saw Taekwoon yanking a girl by her hair, that he kicked – even if looked accidental – a boy on the floor; that he has bloody nails and feral – at the same time, scared, livid – eyes and that he appears a wounded animal.

Nothing matters but only one thing.

Taekwoon is right there.

“Taekwoonie…” he whispers in the sweetest voice he can manage, giving one step forward; he’s startled when Taekwoon gives one behind. “Taekwoonie, what…”

“Stay right there” the hybrid snarls and Hongbin sees how his whole body trembles. It’s cold – the sweater can’t be enough – and he’s hurt. His heart is beating crazily and the photographer wishes to reach out for Taekwoon; caress the soft strands of black hair and kiss every centimeter of his pale face, console him and apologize for his harsh and unnecessary behavior. “Don’t c-come closer”

Biting his lower lip, Hongbin doesn’t listen the older, continuing with his stride; Taekwoon giving one step back to each forward of Hongbin’s.

“Oh, my Taekwoonie, don’t run away” using the softer of voices, Hongbin tries to convince the hybrid “Please, don’t” he almost begs, stretching one arm, as if to touch the boy.

Cat-like eyes widen, nearly popping out of its socks. Pouty pink lips quiver as those eyes shine with tears. “W-What?”

To Hongbin’s relief, Taekwoon stops giving steps back; he seems so startled with the younger’s words that his feet are glued on the dirty street floor. Equally dirty hands – of blood – close, knuckles going white with the sheer force Taekwoon is making on them. He’s nervous, this is clear. And anxious, fearful; he looks ready to receive insults with a straight face.

It pains Hongbin’s heart, because this sweet catboy is thinking about his earlier anger attack; he beats himself mentally. To have Taekwoon fearing him, it’s unbearable. To see his eyes flicking nervously, his lips pressed into a thin line, his cute fluffy ears low in a sad arch.

It’s just too much.

Striding in his direction, the photographer arrives at the hybrid’s front in mere seconds.

They’re face to face; deep brown eyes meeting endless black ones in a staring contest that seem to last for hours and at the same time, last for a single and short moment. Taekwoon’s breaths come in fast puffs of air, and it hits Hongbin’s face in a way that makes the younger slightly dizzy with want.

Carefully, Hongbin raises his hand, touching the hybrid’s cheek so lightly that the touch it’s barely there “My Taekwoonie” he whispers, and feels the shivers that runs through the other’s body “I found you”

There’s no need for more words; Taekwoon’s eyes light up with understanding and he visibly relaxes. His bloody hands clutch Hongbin’s forearms as he stares directly into him, searching for any sign of anger or violence. When he doesn’t find any, all of his features soften, turning pliant, and he nuzzles in the hand on his face, sighing with barely contained emotions; he frowns deeply in thought and then lets a very, very small smile grace his lips.

“Hongbin-ah…” his voice is soft and warm, and electricity jolts through Hongbin’s spine, making him move.

He finally, finally presses his lips against Taekwoon’s, feeling the plush supple pink flesh on his own. His mind registers the faint squeak of surprise that leaves the hybrid’s delicious mouth, before he freezes completely. Not giving up, Hongbin presses a bit harder, and moves slightly to the right, Taekwoon’s lower lip tenderly, asking for access. The hands in his forearms tighten before going slack; Taekwoon shudders before slowly opening his mouth, granting Hongbin the access he has been craving since the first time he saw the catboy, so many months ago.

They kiss thoughtfully; Taekwoon clearly has no experience – Hongbin isn’t the most kissed person in the world too – and he’s just as shy as his personality, kissing with small flicks of kittenish-tongue and a light purr that’s constant. He’s not bittersweet like his scent; in fact, he’s sweet underneath the faint metallic taste of blood. So addicting Hongbin deepens the kiss so he can taste the older boy better; their tongues met each other for brief seconds and the slight rough texture of Taekwoon’s is enough to drive the photographer crazy; he grabs the hybrid’s waist and flushes their bodies together gently. A low sigh escapes Taekwoon’s mouth and his still blood-stained hands make their way to Hongbin’s neck, wrapping them there.

I could die happily now, Hongbin thinks, smiling in the other’s mouth.

Air is soon needed, and both boys have to separate their lips. Taekwoon’s are raw, red with a bit of blood and shiny with spit and he looks utterly lost and embarrassed and delectable; Hongbin chuckles and touches the plush flesh lovingly, feeling his cheeks hurt with the size of his grin and his eyes burning with unshed tears. This time they’re from happiness, and Taekwoon’s own orbs are shining with the clear liquid.

Surprisingly, is the hybrid who speaks first “Hongbin-ah we… we need to talk”

Hongbin only has time to blink once before a loud screech breaks the intimate atmosphere.

It’s Hakyeon.

As Hongbin sees the older hybrid shoving him away to hug the younger catboy, he thinks that maybe it is Hakyeon’s plan of life to interrupt him every time he manages to step inside Taekwoon’s defense walls. Sighing, he acknowledges Wonshik’s presence – who’s at a fair distance, looking tenderly at Hakyeon fusing around Taekwoon – and flicks his eyes back to the catboy he loves so much, finding him staring. He mouths a ‘we’ll talk later’ and the older boy agrees with a small nod before being engulfed by tanned and unexpectedly strong arms.

Suddenly, Hongbin is nervous.

What will he say?

.

.

.

.

They’re sitting on Hongbin’s bed after going back to the photographer’s apartment. Hakyeon and Jaehwan are cooking something – the late hour doesn’t matter and the house smells like boiled vegetables and chicken – while Sanghyuk flips the TV channels without much attention, the noises not quite reaching the room, but being enough to provide a background noise. Wonshik is not in the house; he went out to buy some drinks and more bandages. In his desperation to treat Taekwoon, Hongbin over covered his most visible wounds, spending all the bandages he had before treating all of them.

Taekwoon is as distant as he can in the bed, playing with the tip of his tail, worrying his injured lower lip with his sharp teeth.

Hongbin squirms in his place, head low. He does know what he wants to say, the only problem is that he doesn’t know how to say it without looking like some creepy obsessive-ish, stalker-ish ert.

I need you, I love you. I’m sorry for my behavior, I’m an idiot, please, please forgive me.

 Yes, definitely a creepy, obsessive ert.

Lifting his head just enough to see Taekwoon through his bangs – his hair is in need for a haircut and because of all his running, it’s very tousled and falling in his eyes – the photographer feels the usual wave of affection and love warming his body; the silence now is more than he can bear and the need to settle things, make things right is too big to be ignored anymore. He doesn’t care about looking bad, he just care about Taekwoon forgiving him.

“Taekwoonie” he starts, and the catboy’s ears turn in his direction, interested. He however doesn’t turn his head; his hands still playing with his black tail.

“… Yes?” his silky voice is lower than a whisper, and if Hongbin wasn’t completely focused on him, he probably would have lost the less-than-whisper ‘yes’.

“I-I… I…” Hongbin curses mentally his ability, better, the lack of it when it comes to articulate a decent apology. His hands are sweaty, and he can’t help but feel like a child. The fact that Taekwoon is not looking at him only reinforces this unpleasant sensation in his gut.

“YAH, JAEHWAN! PUT LESS PEPPER, FOR GOD’S SAKE!”

Hakyeon’s scream is thunderous in the heavy atmosphere that covers the room, and both boys flinch; Hongbin is convinced the world wants him to suffer more, to bask in the interminable guilt that eats him from inside out. There’s something like a click of tongue, clearly a sound made out of exasperation, and it comes from the other person who’s with him in his room.

He looks in Taekwoon’s direction and is surprised to see onyx eyes staring right back at him. Eyes full of so much sentiment Hongbin isn’t capable of distinguish them in their swirl; he remembers the first time he ever crossed eyes with the hybrid and how they were like this, overwhelming in their clarity of emotions. He opens his mouth to continue, but is interrupted before words can form in it.

“I’m sorry, master” the voice is still as low as it can be and is accompanied with a deep bow. The gears in Hongbin’s seem to stop, and for tense seconds, he thinks he finally went crazy.

Well, judging what Taekwoon just said, Hongbin thinks he lost it.

He couldn’t have heard right.

“Uh?” the photographer gasps, his mouth open in confusion and plain astonishment.

“I’m sorry, my master” the hybrid repeats, and this time there’s no mistakes; he really said what Hongbin thought he said previously.

“Why… Why are you apologizing?”

“I-I was careless and broke something valuable for you and then I ran away like a child and… I’m sorry” Taekwoon’s head is bent in the bow, and the younger of the two can see his jungsuri. In any other time, he would find it cute, but now he’s too startled to notice. “I’m ready to accept any punishment” he completes, and it’s the final drop. Something shatters inside Hongbin, and he stands so fast his vision blacks out for a millisecond.

The catboy lifts his head, and the look in his face is one of fright; he shrinks and lowers his gaze, waiting for what he guesses it’s his punishment.

Instead, two arms wrap around his torso, lifting him so he’s standing and being enveloped by Hongbin’s slightly smaller – but stronger – frame. His own arms are pinned on his body’s sides so he can’t embrace Hongbin back or shove him away.

“Stop, Taekwoon” Hongbin says the hybrid’s name without any suffix, and his deep voice sounds huskier; the older boy goes pliant in his arms, breathing shallowly “Please, just stop saying so much nonsense. You’re not supposed to apologize to me, this is my line” he tightens his hold on the other, breathing him in “Don’t call me master and listen carefully what I have to say, okay, Taekwoon?”

Taekwoon nods, and Hongbin lets him go, but grasps his hand and make them sit close to each other.

Hongbin exhales loudly, preparing himself.

I’m ready.

“I’m sorry” it’s the first thing that leaves his mouth “For being a jerk and yelling and hurting you. I didn’t mean it, it’s just that… I had a bad day at work, the guy I admired since I was a kid is a complete idiot and I canalized my anger to you unintentionally. When I saw my broken Polaroid…” Taekwoon whimpers at the reminder, but Hongbin is quick to soothe him, releasing his hand to cradle the other’s face. “Shh… Listen to me, okay? That camera was important to me, this is true, but…” he caresses the smooth cheeks with his thumbs, and smiles relieved when the catboy answers with a light purr “… It didn’t mean anything compared to you”

The black eyes that never looked away while he was speaking shine and Taekwoon’s bottom lip is caught between his teeth, biting down the flesh strongly. A drop of blood pools in it.

“Please don’t hurt yourself” in a bold move that probably would make him beet red at any other day – but not today; he already went through too much to be scared or ashamed of something – Hongbin approaches his face and lightly kisses the blood away. He continues to speak with his face centimeters away from Taekwoon’s face, and his respiration ruffles the boy’s fringe. “I don’t want you to be hurt any longer. I can’t bear it because of my own selfish reasons”

“… I don’t understand” the hybrid blinks in confusion “What do you mean when… You… I…” he doesn’t seems capable of articulate what he wants to say, and his pale cheeks are rapidly coloring, becoming the pretty shade of red that Hongbin loves so much.

“I love you, Taekwoonie” that’s it. He can’t be more straightforward than this, and hopefully, he won’t need to be. His own face is burning up after the confession, and Hongbin thinks for a minute that maybe that wasn’t the most appropriated moment to say something like this.

Too late.

“You… Love me?” the hybrid is so hesitant in repeating the words that Hongbin’s insecurities are forgotten so he can nod and smile.

“Yes, Taekwoonie, I love you. I love you more than a pet or a friend. My heart beats like crazy every time I look at you, I make a fool out of myself and I talk too much because I simply don’t know what to do when you’re near me.  I love you and I hope that someday you can forgive me for my actions”

In a perfect world, Taekwoon would forgive him right away, would kiss him and tell him that he too loves him. They would expel their friends from the house and then they would make out and talk and be like teenagers in love for hours.

Unfortunately for Hongbin, the world is not perfect.

With gentle hands, Taekwoon take Hongbin’s off his face, and carefully puts them on the photographer lap. He’s not looking at Hongbin’s face, so the younger immediately knows that something went wrong in his speech. “I need time” Taekwoon whispers, lowering his ears. His tail curls shyly in his lap.

“T-Time?” Hongbin chokes and a bitter feeling sets in the pit of his stomach.

The hybrid just agrees with a shake of his head.

“The food is ready! Taekwoon-ah, I made your favorit… I’m interrupting?” for the second time in less than a day, Hakyeon appears out of nowhere, breaking the mood. Right now the interruption is not completely unwelcome; the room is stuffy with a thick and unpleasant atmosphere, filled with tension and awkwardness. The younger catboy doesn’t say anything, just gets up and exits Hongbin’s room. Hakyeon seems to catch the current situation, and he gives a pitying look in Hongbin’s direction. “He’ll come around. Maybe it’s better if he spends the night with me and Wonshik”

Weakly, Hongbin concurs.

.

.

.

.

That night - or morning, since they went to sleep past 4a.m – Hongbin doesn’t sleep. He just stays in his bed, gazing the ceiling without really seeing it. Thoughts of Taekwoon clouds his mind from everything else; he wonders what he’s doing, how long he will be away, if he’s going to forgive him and the consequences of a no or a yes. If no, the hybrid would leave him or give him a second chance to gain his trust? If yes, they would come back to their prior routine or something more would happen?

When would he come back? In a day or two? A week? … A month?

Is this his way of punishing Hongbin? Because the boy feels like dying in anticipation and distress.

Taekwoon, Taekwoon, Taekwoon.

Look at what you’ve done to me. You turned me into an obsessive, dependent kid.

Assume your responsibility and come back to me.

The curtains block the sun, so it’s past midday when he decides to get up; his muscles ache and burn, feeling the effort from the previous day.

He eats cold rice and the leftovers Hakyeon and Jaehwan left in his fridge. It probably tastes good, but it’s not Taekwoon’s delicious food, so Hongbin doesn’t register its flavor.

The rest of the day is dull; he doesn’t receive calls canceling his appointments and photoshoots; which honestly surprises him a bit; judging the way Cho Kyungjae treated him before, Hongbin thought the guy would quickly use all of his influence to destroy his career as fast as he could. The guilt for mistreating Taekwoon because of something that didn’t even happened is threatening to steal his breath.

Knock knock

The sound comes from his door. At first he imagines it is Sanghyuk or Jaehwan or both, maybe trying to cheer him up.

He drags himself to the door, opening it without asking who it is.

He’s met with cat-like black eyes being framed by equally black hair.

A pair of fluffy ears on top of this hair, a tail swinging softly; pale and lithe complexion; broad shoulders and angular face, with chubby cheeks stained pink and separated pouty lips, panting slightly.

Jung Taekwoon.

Hongbin opens and closes his mouth several times, not knowing what to do, what to say. Fortunately Taekwoon knows; he walks one step closer and almost throws himself in the photographer arms, his own wrapping around Hongbin’s neck. Surprised by the unusual and sudden actions, it takes Hongbin a instant to notice the situation he’s in, and he’s not stupid to deny the hybrid’s physical demonstration of affection when it’s so rare. He holds the older boy’s waist, and feels a big grin stretching his lips.

Taekwoon smiles too, his small, sweet smile, and Hongbin melts. He loves this catboy so much it hurts.

A good kind of pain.

The pouty lips met his in a slow, almost lazy kiss. They move in synchrony, memorizing and pouring their feelings for each other. The kiss last an eternity and a blink of an eye, and it’s perfect.

“I’m home” Taekwoon whispers against Hongbin’s lips when they finally finish their liplock.

Hongbin smiles warmly, understanding all Taekwoon means with the simple phrase. He pecks the pink lips again.

“Welcome home”

.

.


.

.

This is it guys... It's over. (I'm not counting the epilogue, okay~?)

Thank you again for everyone who supported me since the beginning, everyone who started in the middle and everyone who just discoved the fic. Every single one of you were important to me. Thank you for those who review-d, subscribed and voted and to those who didn't do any of these things, but read the fic and enjoyed it.

Now I'm going to try to focus in my other fic, Boarding House For The Forgotten (shameless advestisment here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/912631 ) and start some of my other ideas. 

I made a big surgery it's been 3 weeks, so I lost school and I will dissapear a bit to study and recover my grades, but I will come back ^^

Well, I guess this is it... Hope you enjoyed reading My Kitten and...

See yah all soon~