Of Shopping and Birthdays

My Kitten

Hello again ^_^

I'm here just to say thak you to everyone who review-ed and subscribed - OMG, 79! - and voted. Really, you guys are the best.

A special thanks to aviducidity and LuvMiMusic92 for correcting my mistakes. I'm sorry for them and please correct me again if there's more.

Chapter 3... We're already in the middle of My Kitten! Next chapter... Yep, things will start to happen.

Enjoy!

ps: I'm sorry for my mistakes.

.

.


Three days later and the duo find themselves in one of the many shopping of Seoul, together with the PDA couple – named correctly by Jaehwan after several… incidents –, Wonshik and Hakyeon.

“Come on Leo! I think I just saw the perfect thing for you!” an excited Hakyeon jumps in the same place, broad smile plastered in his tanned face.

“No” comes the short answer from a very, very gloomy Taekwoon, who’s glued in his place near a pillar, as far as he can from all the noisy people passing by, including Hakyeon.

Hongbin chuckles at the interaction between the two hybrids, thinking that his catboy is indeed cute, even in this state; his lips are closed in a pout and his fluffy ears are almost flat in his head, as if he’s preparing to attack the older catboy at any minute.

“Stop being a grumpy old cat and come on!” Hakyeon insists “It’s just clothes! It’s not like they’re going to, I don’t know, wrap themselves around you and suffocate you to death!” he complains, grabbing Taekwoon by the arm, trying to yank him away from the pillar and towards a store named ‘Kitty’s Closet’.

“I said no, Hakyeon-ah” the younger hybrid whines, in a non typical reaction if considering his normal nonchalant attitude “I don’t want to buy clothes. I don’t like buying clothes” he crosses his arms in front of his body; his tone final.

This is something that always impresses Hongbin, no matter how many times he already sees it: Taekwoon actually talks a lot near Hakyeon, even if in short sentences and mostly to reprimand the older hybrid’s childish actions. And he has that look in his eyes; the gentle one that makes Hongbin jealous of Hakyeon, because he too wants to be looked at that way.    He wants Taekwoon to talk a lot near him, wants him to feel comfortable to share his deep secrets, and wants to know what makes him happy and what makes him sad; he wants Taekwoon to want it too.

He wants everything.

“He’s cute” he hears Wonshik saying.

“Indeed”

“You know I’m talking about Hakyeon, right?”

The photographer blinks, a bit surprised “Huh?” he doesn’t know how his friend can find any cuteness in Hakyeon; the hybrid is annoying and way too talkative and energetic; Hongbin often gets tired only looking at him, and he’s younger.

No one in the entire world can be cuter than Taekwoon. He is sure of that.

Wonshik smiles maliciously, poking painfully his ribs “Leave it. You’re too smitten with pretty boy Leo to see anything but him”

A blush spreads through his face, but the younger doesn’t deny. Maybe he is a bit infatuated with the catboy, but then, how could he not? Taekwoon is gentle and cute and pretty and talented and his voice and his bod…

So maybe, just maybe, he’s got a crush on his catboy.

“Binnie-yah!” Hakyeon calls his name, wearing the biggest pout ever “Tell this stubborn cat that he can’t keep using your clothes! Not that they’re not pretty, in fact, they are really stylish, where did you buy that black jacke- hm! Hmuhmhm!” as soon as Hakyeon starts to babble, Taekwoon covers his mouth with a hand, appearing ready to explode.

“Shut up” he hisses at the older. Three seconds later he releases Hakyeon in a rush, seeming disgusted “Gross” he wipes his hand in his – Hongbin’s – pants.

“You asked for it” giggling, Hakyeon says, his lips with a satisfied hum. The dark haired catboy glares and hisses once more, showing his fangs. Now serious, Hakyeon does the same; tail hardening behind him.

The sudden humor change confounds Hongbin, as he stares the hybrids wide-eyed.

Feeling his ribs being poked again, the youngest of the small group turns his attention to the person who poked him “Do something before they kill each other. Better, before your Leo kills Hakyeon” he takes in the frantic expression in Wonshik’s face, trying to think in what to do.

“Tae- Leo-yah!” Taekwoon’s eyes immediately fixes in his direction, fangs still exposed to Hakyeon “Ignore Hakyeon-hyung, he’s obnoxious like this most of the time” he ignores the offended ‘hey’ coming from said obnoxious hyung. In what seemed to be long hours when in fact was just a few seconds, Taekwoon slowly closed his mouth and relaxed his furrowed brows.

Smiling, Hongbin opens his arms “Come here” he feels his heart beating madly, fear building fast. He’s just offered his open arms to Taekwoon! What if he rejects it? He would surely die from embarrassment and plain disappointment! They certainly aren’t this intimate with each other and yet, he just did a move that required a lot of intimacy instinctively. He’s crazy and he will regret it because Taekwoon is too shy – and too aware of any type of physical contact – to come to him.

But he tries nonetheless. He tries because he wants to feel the catboy in his arms.

Meeting Taekwoon’s eyes, he almost falls on the floor when he notices that they’re closer than initially and that there’s a dark blush covering the hybrid face as he approaches with small steps.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Control, Lee Hongbin, he reminds himself. Control.

When they’re face to face, Taekwoon exhales deeply, lowering his head so it can touch Hongbin’s shoulder lightly “Sorry” he speaks with that soft voice of his; breath tickling the nape of the younger’s neck in a way that he swears he will pass out at any moment in sheer happiness. Taekwoon’s skin is warm and smells nice – like coffee and chocolate, and makes Hongbin wonder if his lips have a bittersweet taste –; his ears tickle his jaw. So he raises a hand, caressing one of them. Fluffy.

Taekwoon snuggles a centimeter closer, purring low.

That’s what I call progress! Hongbin can’t really contain his enthusiasm, so he prays that Taekwoon can’t hear his frantic heart with those fluffy but sharp ears of his. Thank you, Hakyeon-hyung, thank you so much.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE MY EYES!” the moment is broken with Hakyeon’s rather loud exclamation. “WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY LEO?!”

… Forget it.

“You’re ruining their moment” Wonshik says, but he sounds amused.

Hongbin cusses mentally at Hakyeon’s ability to ruin moments while Taekwoon just feels like digging a hole so he can stick his head in; he stops purring, his face burns and he’s sure his cheeks are a deeper red than before.

“Let’s buy you some clothes so we can go home” Hongbin really wishes to just grab Taekwoon’s hand and go home, but then, the hybrid really needs new clothes.

A big sigh escapes the catboy’s mouth as he lifts his head, giving a few steps back “I don’t like it”

“But Hakyeon-hyung is right. You can’t use my clothes forever” Taekwoon grumbles a ‘who say that?’ making Hongbin laugh.

.

.

.

.

“Is too tight”

“It looks perfect on you”

“I don’t like jeans. I like sweatpants”

“Everyone needs a pair of skinny jeans, inclusive us, hybrids. Come on Leo! Is rare to find a hybrid store with so many good clothes!”

“… They’re expensive”

“I’m sure Binnie-yah can handle the price. Oh, and talking about him, what will you do for his birthday?”

“… W-What?”

“His birthday… Tomorrow… Don’t tell me you didn’t know”

“I didn’t”

“Dear god, Leo! You guys don’t talk?”

“We do a bit, I mean… It’s just… We’re not like you.”

“I will pretend I didn’t hear the last part and continue to advice your clueless person. Lay down your defenses, Taekwoonie.”

“I’m trying. He already knows my real name and we’re slowly getting closer.”

“Your real name?! Wah, that’s more than I expected. You really like him, right?”

“…”

“Taekwoonie”

“… Maybe”

“Maybe? I saw the way you look at him and he’s stupid for not noticing! It’s like you’re almost begging for him to eat you!”

“Hakyeon!”

“Geez, what? I’m only speaking the truth. Hey, this can be a good birthday present! You in his bed wrapped only in red straps and whipped cream. Resolves both situations: his and yours”

“You better shut your mouth before I kill you, Cha Hakyeon”

“Oh, I’m shaking in fear~”

“Rrrr”

“Stop hissing, kitten. You have to do something for him; I’m just suggesting an easy and pleasurable gift”

“… No”

“No? Pity, Binnie-yah needs to get laid.”

“I’m leaving”

“Taekwoonie, wait! I’ll stop, come back!”

“You promise?”

“Yeah, yeah”

“…”

“…”

“… I don’t have money”

“Cook something delicious for him”

“I cook everyday”

“Really? Hm, knit a sweater or a scarf?”

“I don’t know how to knit, Hakyeon-ah”

“Then I don’t know, sorry. Since you don’t want to give yourself… That’s it!”

“I’m not going to…”

“Shut up and listen! Spend the day with him, try to make a decent conversation, and don’t reject his attempts to touch you. In fact, look for it, initiate it. By the end of the day, Binnie-yah will be sparkling, mark my words”

“…”

“It’s that difficult for you?”

“…”

“At least try, okay? We’re hybrids, there’s not a lot things we can do for our owners”

“I know”

“Perfect! Oh, that’s pretty! Go put this sweater, you’ll be cute!”

“…Argh”

.

.

.

.

 It’s the annoying buzz of his cell phone that wakes Hongbin from his peaceful slumber. Groaning, he feels around his nightstand, searching for the damned thing; when he finds it, he groans again. 8:20AM., too early for his taste, especially today, his birthday and a day he doesn’t have to photograph anything or anyone. One of the advantages of being a photographer: you can decide your work hours. Laze around too much and you’ll starve, work too much and you can refuse some photo shoot offers to relax.

Hongbin is young – ironic thinking this today; he just got older – and he loves what he does; not counting his ambitious side, which wants to be recognized and searched for others. So he works.

But not today.

Now that he is awake, he can’t go back to sleep, so he gets up to start with his day.

Taekwoon is probably still sleeping, being a cat and all. Even if he’s already awake, it doesn’t make any difference; he doesn’t know it is Hongbin’s birthday.

Hongbin is proven wrong when he gets to the kitchen and sees his catboy’s back; tail swinging softly. He’s wearing some of his new clothes – a big, enormous blue sweater and grey pants – and he looks so cute Hongbin feels the need to photograph him right now, maybe even lock him away from other eyes, keeping the older boy only for himself.

“‘Morning, Taekwoonie” he says with a smile; the hybrid presence is enough to make him happier, especially if he looks so adorable.

He expects the boy to move his head or look at him in acknowledgment, but is surprised when Taekwoon turns completely, facing him “Good morning, Hongbin-ah. Breakfast is almost ready” seeing he shocked his master – Hongbin is his master, wanting or not – the hybrid blushes, completing “I’m doing pancakes. You like them, right?”

There’s only two, maybe three explanations for what is happening; the photographer thinks.

Or some alien abducted his pretty catboy and messed with his mind while he was asleep, or Taekwoon has a twin brother who’s a lot more talkative than him, or he’s hallucinating.

“Yes, I do” he replies.

Taekwoon hums, and satisfied with the short answer, turns his attention back to cooking his pancakes.

The younger pinches his arm – just to be sure he’s not dreaming – before sitting in one of the seats next the kitchen counter. The silence that follows his actions is a comfortable one, different from the ones from the previous week. There’s this personal, warm atmosphere that makes everything seem brighter; Hongbin basks in this feeling silently wishing that it last forever.

The clink of ceramic against marble makes Hongbin notice the plate full of delicious smelling pancakes Taekwoon puts in his front. In his other hand there is a bottle of honey syrup, which he uses to cover the food. “I hope it’s enough”

“It is! Thank you for the food!” quickly grabbing a fork – Taekwoon had arranged the table before he appeared in the kitchen – the photographer fills his mouth with a piece of pancake with syrup, in delight a second later “Dear god, Taekwoonie. I swear that if you keep making such tasty foods, I will become fatter in no time. Maybe I should start dieting”

“No, you shouldn’t” the hybrid is not looking in his eyes, and he bites his bottom lip nervously “You’re perfect like this”

A rush of heat travels his body so fast it dizzies Hongbin “O-Oh! Thank you!”

Yep, definitely he was abducted. Not that I’m complaining. Look at that cute blush! His thoughts are all messy, searching for a reason that caused Taekwoon sudden change.

They eat in silent for some minutes, before Taekwoon – once again, to Hongbin’s delight – start speaking “Hongbin-ah… Do you want to, hm, watch a movie with me today? After lunch?”

And then, Hongbin dies.

Or not.

Almost.

After what felt like a mini cardiac attack in his chest, Hongbin opens the most bright, dimpled smile his face could bear without ripping “I would love to, Taekwoonie. Should we watch an action movie, or you prefer horror ones? I know a very good one, but it scares the hell out of me!... Maybe we should try a lighter thing, such as a sappy romantic one or one…” and he babbles excitedly; the soft smile in the hybrid’s face making the younger of the duo land on cloud nine. “So, what do you think?”

“You choose”

“Right!” the smile in his face stays there for the next five hours; this is the best birthday ever. Taekwoon stayed with him during all morning, following him like a lost puppy – better, kitten. When lunch time approached, he went to the kitchen and made seafood soup – Hongbin decided to ignore the coincidence; there was no way Taekwoon knew about his birthday.

Now, he was sitting in the couch, waiting patiently for Hongbin to choose; in the end, it was a sappy romance full of clichés and overly emotional moments.

In the middle of it, Hongbin feels a weight in his thighs, and almost dies once more. Taekwoon is curled in the couch, his head resting in Hongbin’s lap, one hand touching it lightly. Hongbin’s hand goes instantly to rest in Taekwoon’s head; soon he plays with the black hair, massaging the catboy’s scalp and twisting the locks in his fingers. Taekwoon purrs, nuzzling his lap, his ears brushing in his thighs and belly, tickling it.

“You’re warm, Hongbin-ah” the whisper is barely audible; Taekwoon’s voice is too low and the movie is still playing, even if no one is watching it anymore.

Hongbin’s mind is in a haze; he can’t really say what’s going on. All his world spins around the warm catboy in his lap. The way he senses the vibrations of Taekwoon’s purring, his warm skin, his soft hair, his smell – it’s still coffee and chocolate – that makes Hongbin crazy for more, for more and more and more.

All. I want it all.

I want his smiles and his tears. I want to see every single expression of his.

I want his nails clawing at my shoulder and I want to hear him my name, begging for more.

He doesn’t even chide himself because of his line of thought.

Ask Hongbin about the movie; he probably won’t be able to answer about what happened from the middle to the end.

I’m smitten, he concludes, sighing softly, seeing no point in denying. I’m falling in love with my catboy.

Congratulations Hongbin.

The movie ends when it’s about 4PM, but the boys stay in the couch, enjoying the proximity. That is, until Hongbin’s cell phone starts to ring; the faint sound coming from his room, annoying.

Hongbin doesn’t make any move, continuing to pet Taekwoon’s hair.

“Hongbin-ah, your phone…” starts Taekwoon, sounding sleepy.

“It’s nothing important” just his friends calling to congratulate him or to ask if he wants to go to a club to celebrate.

Hongbin doesn’t want to move a muscle from his actual position. He manages to stay like this for more twenty minutes before the house telephone rings, and the photographer knows it’s probably his mother, practically the only one who calls his fix telephone.

One thing about the Lee matriarch: You always answer to her calls.

He does exactly that, raising slowly so Taekwoon – who dozed off – won’t wake up.

He talks with his mother for half an hour; she asks about his work, his friends, his new hybrid. She seems eager to met Taekwoon, and Hongbin promises to take him home for Christmas.

He has this habit of walking around the house when talking; he’s at the bathroom when the call is finished.

Taekwoonie must be feeling cold, he thinks, entering his room to pick a cover for the catboy.

He’s not in the couch anymore.

“Huh?” mumbles Hongbin.

About to look for the hybrid, he stops when he hears a melodious voice “Hongbin-ah? I’m in the kitchen”

“What are you doing in the kitchen, Taekwoonie? Are you already hungry?” he jokes, but stops startled.

Taekwoon has a rosy blush on his cheeks, and there’s a cake – they had a cake? – in his hands, with a lit candle. “Happy Birthday, Hongbin-ah”

“A-Ah, when did you… The cake…” no coherent phrase is coming out of his mouth; he’s blushing as well, burning if he’s honest.

“I baked it in the morning, before you woke up”

“How did you...”

“Hakyeon”

“Of course” he walks towards Taekwoon, taking the cake out of his hands, placing it in the counter. His harms wrap around Taekwoon’s neck “Thank you, Taekwoonie.”

“I know it’s not much but…” he says, wrapping his own arms around Hongbin’s waist.

“It’s perfect” and he means it, tightening his grip, trying to pass all his gratefulness.

It is utterly perfect.


.

.

Hm... That's it.

Hope you guys enjoyed ^_^