Dreams of Past

My Kitten

Hello once more~ ^_^

I'm here to say thank you to all the people who reviewed and subscribed and voted. I'm truly grateful!

This chapter is smaller than the other ones, but I think he's important. I would say he has a few explanations about... stuff.

Hope you guys enjoy.

I'm sorry for my mistakes. Please, tell me where they are if you spot them ^^

PS: PLEASE, read my note at the end of the chapter.

.

.


It’s cold. Freezing.

He runs, but can’t see anything. It’s dark, pitch black.

There’s people trying to catch him; he can’t see or smell them, but he can hear their heavy footsteps and the hurtful words being thrown in his direction. His ears flick madly in the top of his head, as if trying to escape from them.

He fails; he can listen to every single word directed to him.

Beast.

Worthless.

Aberration.

Inferior.

DIE, YOU INSIGNIFICANT ANIMAL!

He wants it to stop. He begs to any superior entity out there: Please, please make them stop. He cannot bear it anymore.

His eyes sting with unshed tears, but he refuses to cry; he won’t give this people the pleasure of seeing him cry, even if there’s no light. He never cried near them anyway, today will not be the first time.

When he feels like his legs will give up at any minute, a small flick of light appears, a bit distant, but this doesn’t matter as he forces his legs to run faster, ignoring the pain. He seeks for light.

He’s been seeking for it all his life.

It feels like an eternity before he reaches the light, now brighter; orange and red and a bit of blue dancing in the darkness, casting shadows in the dark. It doesn’t make sense, but it’s the reality.

He’s panting; all the running made him exhausted. He blinks; eyes accustoming to the sudden brightness, and perceives that he’s not alone.

Hongbin is holding the light with one of his hands – it is a torch? – and is smiling one of his ridiculously beautiful smiles, dimples and eyes in crescents. He’s the most beautiful person he ever laid his eyes on.

Suddenly it’s hot. Almost too hot; a striking difference from the freezing cold from before. Somehow, it feels wrong.

He’s still looking at Hongbin when the boy raises the hand that holds the torch. He opens his mouth, and only one word is said.

“Burn”

And he burns.

.

.

.

.

His eyes shot open, small soundless puffs escaping his mouth as he tries to put himself together; he’s sweating and there are points of black tainting his vision, blurring it.

Relief is the first emotion he registers; it comes so violently that it’s enough to make his gasps for air become an even respiration.

There’s no fire.

Oh, how he hates fire.

How he fears it.

Blink doesn’t make the black spots in his vision disappear, so he closes his orbs again. Confusion is the next feeling that washes his body; he tenses automatically, ready to run – or fight – if necessary.

Where is he? Why is everything so hot?

Raising one of his hands, Taekwoon rubs his eyes, trying to make them focus. His body is being pressed down by something; he can’t feel his other arm and a weight is keeping his body flat on the couch – he knows it’s the couch because it smells like… well, like Hongbin’s couch – and making him hot.

When he opens his eyes again, everything is clearer. He’s indeed in the living room, and judging the luminosity that light up the place, its morning. He doesn’t remember falling asleep there, but he does remember eating cake with his master and seeing more movies with Hongbin caressing his hair. The memories make Taekwoon relax against the couch, and he hears a soft sigh.

Talking about Hongbin…

He’s the thing that’s keeping Taekwoon pinned; body half on top of his, face hidden in the hybrid’s neck, snoring softly. His scent – peach and vanilla – is intoxicating; Taekwoon can’t really smell anything but it, overwhelmed.

Should I wake him? The hybrid thinks, body turning instinctively to embrace the younger better. His free hand curls itself in Hongbin’s chest, their legs intertwining in each other. Hongbin doesn’t wake, but shifts slightly in his sleep, nuzzling closer and throwing his own arm around Taekwoon, hand on his waist.

The catboy feels his body tense again; Hongbin is touching it, one of many burn scars he has underneath his sweater. He wants to jump away from the touch; wants to hide in his room and don’t show his face and tainted body in front of Hongbin’s flawless being ever again. Until the day he was adopted, Taekwoon had never felt shame of his scars – they were the proof that he survived the most extremes situations – but then Hongbin appeared, as perfect as a human could be.

He felt – feels – like he didn’t – doesn’t – deserve a master like him: perfect in every aspect. He’d already saw too much and did too much to be worthy of Hongbin’s love.

The humidity in his face surprises Taekwoon. He’s really crying with the idea of not deserving Hongbin’s love, even if it’s the love dedicated to pets? It hurts so much to think in this reality?

Yes, it does.

Deep down, in the most guarded part of his heart, Taekwoon wishes for more.

He wishes an entirely different kind of love.

The kind of love in which kissing his lips would be normal and acceptable.

His cheeks grow hot, and he scolds himself for having this kind of thought. Hongbin moves again, bringing his body even closer, forcing Taekwoon to move his hand; it’s on Hongbin’s middle, grabbing a bit of his shirt. They’re flush against each other now, not even a piece of paper being able to fit between the two bodies. The warm that envelops Taekwoon is sweet and makes him sleepy, his eyes closing as he dozes off to dreamland once more.

This time, he doesn’t dream.

.

.

.

.

Hongbin wakes a few hours later, feeling… Well, never in his life he remembered feeling so good.

Taekwoon is by his side; arm around his middle and legs intertwined in his. His own arm holds the hybrid close by his waist, and his face is buried in Taekwoon’s neck, lips touching the pale and warm skin lightly.

For a brief moment, Hongbin thinks he’s still dreaming. Only in his dreams he can get this close to Taekwoon.

He smiles in the catboy’s neck, nuzzling the area with his nose, breathing him in, contentment filling his body as the bittersweet scent of coffee and chocolate enters his nostrils.

Taekwoon shifts, awaking “Hongbin-ah?” he asks groggily, tensing for a moment; hand easing its grip on Hongbin’s shirt and body moving to distance itself.

It’s now. The hybrid will get up and the photographer will lose the amazing sensation of having their bodies pressed together, all because he was a stupid erted who breathed in a slumbering boy.

“’Morning, Taekwoonie” the younger pouts, irritated with himself; he wanted to stay like this for more time.

To his surprised delight, Taekwoon relaxes and his tail wraps itself in his thigh.

“… Morning” Taekwoon whispers again.

“What time is it?”

“Don’t know”

“Hm” Hongbin mumbles, making himself comfortable against the slightly bigger body “Let’s go back to sleep”

No answer is heard, but the fact that Taekwoon snuggles closer is enough.

.

.

.

.

Someone is knocking insistently on the door, and it’s pissing a sleepy Hongbin off. He’s very happy in his actual position, and there’s someone daring to bother.

“Hongbin-ah… The door” an equally sleepy Taekwoon says as he tries to get off the couch; Hongbin’s hand on his waist keeps him on his place. He refuses to let go, he won’t let go.

 “Leave it” he grumpily groans, tightening his grasp on the slim waist “I’m not expecting anyone”

The annoying someone is still knocking. Judging the rhythm, it is Jaehwan’s doing.

Great.

“Annoying” the catboy voices his thoughts.

Then, the knocking ceases. Before he can breathe relieved, Hongbin listens the door unlocking.

“Yah! Hongbin! Why you’re ignorin… WOAH!”  it’s definitely Jaehwan’s voice, together with a snicker that can only come from Sanghyuk, a gasp typical of Hakyeon’s irritating self and a hoarse laugh that belongs to Wonshik.

Damn him. I forgot that Hyuk has the key. Why he still has the key?

 His face encounters the leathery stuffing of the couch when Taekwoon jumps away, his face as red as it can be.

“The sneaky photographer is quicker than we thought” Wonshik mocks.

Hakyeon is scandalized “Binnie-yah! I never… OMG, my Leo-yah’s purity! What did you do to him?!”

“Shut up, Hakyeon” Taekwoon mutters, turning a darker shade of red. He looks ready to run.

Contrary to his will, Hongbin raises himself, walking until he reaches his catboy’s side. He wishes to expel the nosy people out of his house, but at the same time, knows that they are here to wish him a happy belated birthday – their silence on the previous day most likely being Hakyeon’s doing -  as good friends.

“Come on! Wish me a happy birthday quickly and go away” he hurries them, crossing his arms in front of his body.

“Why I’m friends with you again?” Jaehwan sulks.

“If I remember correctly, when we met in High School you said something about ‘wanting to be friends with a boy as handsome as me’” one brown eyebrow lifts as Hongbin answers sarcastically. He feels avenged when Jaehwan’s cheeks become a bit pink.

“He’s all sharp tongued because we made Leo-ssi run away from him” is Sanhyuk’s time to tease his old master, smiling so wide his pearly white fangs are visible.

“I figured. Did you see them?” Wonshik smiles wolfishly, tone dripping with malice “Wrapped together like vines. If they weren’t clothed… I would say they were doing things” he emphasizes the last word.

Inappropriate images fill Hongbin’s head, and he has to use all his strength to concentrate in the situation.

“Wrooooong things” Jaehwan agrees, giggling like a school girl.

Taekwoon tenses by his side – Hongbin pities him, the hybrid is on verge of dying from so much blood on his head – and the photographer just wants to go back time. Maybe to stop himself from giving Sanghyuk the key two years ago.

Oh, if regret could kill.

.

.

.

.

He runs, but this time is so bright that his eyes hurt and he still can’t see anything. Different from the other time, there are no voices following him; the silence being so absolute that’s equally torturing.

He tries to scream, but no sound escapes his mouth. He tries again and again and again, until his throat is aching with the effort. He eyes are burning, the light he always sought now only bringing him pain.

His feet stumble in something – he can’t see what – and he falls to the ground, knees hitting it with a silent – why is everything so silent? – thud. When he attempts to rise, he finds himself bound by chains that appeared out of nowhere.

He’s got no voice, no movements and no sight. His ears serve for nothing – the silence is deafening – and there’s no one in the brightness to help him.

He’s alone. He’s blind. He’s chained.

A shadow blocks the light that blinds him.

It’s Hongbin’s shadow.

Hongbin smiles, but it doesn’t reach his eyes. They are looking down at him, scrutinizing.

“Worthless”

.

.

.

.

Taekwoon jerks awake, sweat dripping down his forehead. All his senses scream at him to run away before Hongbin can try to break him, just like the others. Only a small part of him – the one ruled by his heart – makes him stay in his bed, panting and weak.

He knows why he started to have this dreams – nightmares – again.

The date is close.

The day he...

Jung Taekwoon was born in a mansion outside Seoul, a place where catboys and catgirls were the employees and in some cases, the toys. His mother – a catgirl named Jessica by the Matriarch – was a toy, and his dad – Jinwoon – was a staff member. Their relationship was forbidden, and the moment the owners of the house discovered that the girl was pregnant, they decided to bring hell to both hybrids. Taekwoon was a premature baby – Jessica was under too much stress –, who barely managed to survive the first weeks.

Kid Taekwoon grew up in a place where even the staff – hybrids like him – treated him poorly. He couldn’t see his mom – she was locked in the room where the toys stayed, allowed to go out only when requested – but had all the attention his dad could provide him, which honestly, wasn’t a lot. The middle son of the couple liked to straddle his back and make him walk the large grounds. In the beginning of his teenage days, this ‘kid play’ became aggression and verbal abuse. Taekwoon was the new toy, used for stress relief. He slept on the floor, with only a few old blankets as a cushion and covers. Sometimes, the human liked to chain him on a dark room.

When he was 16, Taekwoon ran away, leaving everything behind.

He lived in the streets for more 3 years before an old woman started to feed him daily. At that time, he received food in street fights. The nickname ‘Leo’ was given to him on one of those.

The woman died after eight months, and Taekwoon was alone again. This before he found Hakyeon, a hybrid who was thrown away by his family, because he was getting ‘too old’.

They stayed together as a team for more 4 years when a bunch of drunken teenagers decided to pick a fight. Taekwoon stayed behind after forcing Hakyeon to escape.

They set him on fire on a windy October night.

He survived because it started to rain.

He stayed alone another year.

That’s why Taekwoon hates fire. That’s why he seeks for light and doesn’t like contact. He fears attachment because he had to leave all of his important people behind or they were taken away from him.

Hongbin is Taekwoon’s light.

At the same time, he’s the thing Taekwoon fears the most.

What will happen to him if Hongbin one day decides he doesn’t want him anymore?

.

.


.

Hello again ^^

This was My Kitten's 4th chapter, and now we're heading to the end of it. I feel very happy with the fact that I'm apparently capable of writing something that's not a one-shot and this made me a bit more confident about my future fanfics.

Since I started writing My Kitten, I had A LOT of ideas. All involving Taekwoon (he's my ultimate, I can't do a thing about it)

So, my question is: If I write another chaptered fic, would you guys read it?

If yes, please help me saying what plot do you think is the best out of this options:

1 - Prime Minister Son!Taekwoon and Spy/Assassin!Hongbin

2 - Guardian Angel!Taekwoon and Troublemaker!Wonshik

3 - ABOverse High School Omega!Taekwoon and High School Beta!Hongbin

4 - Motorcyclist!Taekwoon and High Schooler!Sanghyuk

I have ideas for all of them. There's no Neo or Keo because... I have no ideas with baby-Hakyeon and I don't really ship Keo, sorry -_-'

That's it, people. 

See yah soon~