13.

Strong enough.

 

Jonghyun locked the door and made sure that it was closed, because there wouldn’t be anyone at home for a while. He placed the key in the back pocket of his trousers and, having put his both hands into the pockets of his hoodie, he made his way towards the hospital. He knew the path so well after those dozens of visits, that he was almost sure that he would get there with his eyes closed. If any car wouldn’t have hit him.

He then realized that this visit would be different from any other visits, because he would see the person he loved, not the person he liked, which made his mind go blank and his fingers twisting nervously inside his pockets. Should he act like before or should he behave in a completely other way? Should he tell something? Maybe show? Was it good for Kibum to know?

The bombardment of questions attacked his mind, and he didn’t even realize when he was in front of the building, when he heard a familiar voice.

- I thought that you would never appear here, Jonghyun.

Jonghyun’s fists were clenched angrily and he tried to ignore the voice he hated so much.

- I was almost sure that this boy would kick you out. It seemed like that.

And then, everything seemed so clear for Jonghyun.

In a trice he appeared beside Junsu, took a fistful of his t-shirt and leaned forward, gritting his teeth with a dangerous power.

- It was you! – he growled, and Junsu looked a little bit scared, but still wore a cocky smile on his lips – What did you do to him, huh?!

- I just told him the truth about you. There’s nothing to be mad about – Junsu shrugged and two boys accompanying him coughed awkwardly, remembering the whole situation. Jonghyun looked at them with a baffled expression. He tried to calm himself. Another fight was no solution. – He was so scared, like a little kitty…

It was all that Jonghyun needed to punch Junsu hard in the face. The company of him ran towards Jonghyun and held his two arms. While Jonghyun tried to loosen the grip on his upper arms, Junsu held his chin, raised it up and hit him under the eye, causing him to wince and moan miserably. He opened his eyes and started panting heavily, shooting Junsu a death glare. He did his best to get away once more, and one of his hands was finally free and ready for the attack, an intense light blinded him for a moment and caused everybody to stand still.

- What the hell is going on?! – the security guard was more than shocked and showed his disapproval while narrowing his eyes angrily. He moved his torch towards Jonghyun – It’s you again! God, why are you always making so many problems?

Jonghyun the corner of lips, feeling the metallic taste on his tongue.

- Everybody to their houses! Everybody! – the security guard shouted, and Junsu looked at his friends, then at Jonghyun and pointed somewhere, giving his company the sign that they would better go away. Jonghyun gritted his teeth, feeling his blood boiling, and winced in pain when something hit his head.

- I don’t understand why I haven’t called the police yet! – the older man asked himself and hit Jonghyun with his torch once more – Go home!

- I came… Ouch, that hurts! – Jonghyun complied when the third attack on his head came – I wanted to visit someone – he explained and the other man stopped hitting him and hid the torch.

- Like almost every day. You know it’s late already, don’t you? – the security guard raised one of his eye brows. He didn’t know why, but he liked this kid anyway. He wasn’t like the boys from Junsu’s group. He seemed to take care of someone in the hospital and he seemed to do it well. Maybe he had a violent temper and did things before thinking, but, in the older male’s eyes, he was a good person. And he liked him – Okay, go in.

Jonghyun gave the other person a grateful smile, almost forgetting about the little fight with Junsu when he remembered why he had really came here. The pain in the place under his eye made him to close it slightly, but he didn’t really care about it when he was on the stairs already.

And when he stood in front of the right door, his stomach clenched and he hated the feeling. It felt like thousands of little creatures danced inside him and wanted to drive him crazy with that. He raised his hand and lightly knocked at the door. He opened it and went in. For a moment he thought that Junsu and his gang might have hurt Kibum, but when he saw him laying calmly on the bed on his back, staring happily at the screen of his mobile, he let out a sigh of relief and closed the door behind him. This made Kibum to look at him and he almost feel from his bed when he stood up suddenly.

- What happened to you? – he asked worriedly, quickly running to Jonghyun and moved his hand towards his cheek, but when Jonghyun closed his eyes and wrenched his nose, he resigned from the idea of touching it – It’s not good… Come on, sit on the bed and I will bring something cold – he asked Jonghyun and pointed at his bed, then made his way towards the door – Don’t move, I’ll be right back! – he shouted and disappeared from the room.

The older boy sat on the bed carefully and watched tenderly when, after a mere minutes, Kibum went back into the room with a towel. He sat in front of Jonghyun, both cross-legged, and lightly touched the slightly red part of the skin with the cold and wet towel. Jonghyun winced and Key tried to shush him.

- What happened? – Kibum asked, pressing the material and furrowing his brow in concern.

- I just… Unh… I just had a little argue with my friend… - Jonghyun explained, clenching his fists to avoid showing any pain on his face. Kibum used the fingertips of his other hand to draw circles on the top of one of Jonghyun’s clenched fists, just to calm him down.

- Yes, an argue… - Kibum sighed skeptically and Jonghyun opened his eyes and finally looked at Key, who, having realized how Jonghyun was staring at him, blushed lightly and looked away. Jonghyun unclenched one of his fists and touched the other’s hand, which kept lightly pressing the cold towel to his cheek.

Kibum finally felt brave enough to look at Jonghyun.

His gaze was different than ever. He was looking at him so softly, tenderly, so many different emotions mixed up in his pupils and it made Kibum to hold his breath for a while.

Jonghyun leaned forward.

It was now or never.

He held Kibum’s hand that laid on his leg and the other squeezed it reassuringly, giving Jonghyun some kind of a sign. Every touch was magic, every simple brush left goose bumps and neither of them could understand how a simple sensation could give so much pleasure and safety.

- It’s not wrong, is it…? – Kibum asked in a whisper, feeling the heat of Jonghyun’s body closer and closer.

- No, Kibum, it’s not wrong… - Jonghyun reassured him and Key closed his eyes, drawing into the moment. Jonghyun leaned even closer and cocked his head a little to the side – It’s not…

The last words ended up as a breathless whisper, and Jonghyun closed his eyes and then it happened.

The brush of their lips was barely noticeable, yet so intense and the creatures inside Jonghyun’s stomach seemed to hold a big party.

Jonghyun intertwined fingers of their hands and pressed into Kibum’s lips a little, enjoying the soft structure of them.

It was beyond Jonghyun’s imaginations. Even if the place wasn’t the beautiful, sunny landscape, even if his cheek was in pain and the corner of his lips lightly bleeding, it was perfect.

The moment was perfect, the touch was perfect, Kibum’s dizziness and Jonghyun’s nervous squeeze between their fingers were perfect.

Kibum never felt so needed, never felt so safe and calm. The seconds of nervousness before their kiss had vanished away and were replaced by a need. Want. Kibum wanted to show Jonghyun how much he meant to him. Even if it was a simple brush of lips, it was everything that Kibum was looking for to find the answers to his questions. But he didn’t want to think about it then. He wanted to enjoy this special moment. To remember the little sparks that appeared behind his eyelids, the shaking of his legs, the sweating of both his and Jongyun’s intertwined palms.

Jonghyun drew away and slowly opened his eyes, just to meet Kibum’s half-lidded ones. Key removed the towel from the boy’s cheek and laid it on the bed, then ran a thumb over the corner of Jonghyun’s lips and wiped the blood away.

- I think you need a plaster… - Kibum smiled nervously and Jonghyun nodded, quite light-headed – I will bring some… - he added and when he was about to stand up, Jonghyun held his hand tighter.

- Don’t go – he pleaded and Kibum nodded weakly. The silent was awkward, the last creatures hiding inside Jonghyun’s stomach already leaving it.

- Umm… Shouldn’t you go back home…? – Kibum asked, when Jonghyun started playing with fingers of his hand.

- My mother is working late today – he explained and looked at Kibum – Do you want me to go?

- O-of course not! – Kibum said in a surprised voice, causing a warm smile on Jonghyun’s face – Of course not… - he repeated once more, this time tenderly and with a note of reassurance. The door opened and the same plump nurse went in.

- Oh, how nice to see you here again! – she clapped her hands and smiled towards Jonghyun, who looked rather taken aback by her behavior – You know that the visiting hours are over? – she raised her eyebrows and pointed behind her – I think you have to go.

Jonghyun sighed and Kibum moved nervously on the bed.

- But… Can he stay here this night?

Jonghyun looked at Kibum with the same surprised expression that appeared on the nurse’s face.

- What? No, there’s no way he could stay here – she explained, but Kibum continued.

- Please, just today. If he doesn’t stay here, we will be both alone… Please…

In Jonghyun’s eyes, it looked like a five-year-old child asking her mother if he could keep the dog. But, no matter what, he wanted to be a dog that was allowed to stay.

- Well… He is always here anyway… Okay. But just tonight! – she shook her head – What am I doing… - she whispered to herself and closed the door before Kibum could thank her. But just a few seconds later the door flew open once more and she pointed at Jonghyun with a serious face – But he have to sleep on the other bed, not in the same as you!

Both of their faces changed color to bright pink and they nodded in sync. The nurse bowed them goodbye and left the room, giggling a little because of their embarrassment. Jonghyun glanced at Kibum, who covered his mouth to hide a yawn.

- Do you want to go sleeping? – Jonghyun asked concernedly. Kibum nodded, looking a little bit troubled. Jonghyun stood up and let go of Kibum’s hand, which caused Kibum to look at him questionably. He walked towards the door, where he switched the light off and went back to Kibum’s bed, kneeling beside it. Key laid on his side and looked at Jonghyun, his features slightly lit by a moon. The older leaned closer and placed a butterfly kiss on the other’s cheek, feeling how warm it was. He went back to the bed next to Kibum’s one and laid on it, looking at Kibum, who was staring back at him.

- Goodnight, Jonghyun… - Kibum whispered, feeling his eyelids heavier with every second, his heart calm and his cheeks tingling.

- Goodnight, Kibum… - Jonghyun admired Kibum’s face for a while and closed his eyes, hoping that it wasn’t just a beautiful dream.

 

 


 

 

 

Here it is!

The second chapter of a double-update turned out to be another double-update... Isn't it great, people? XD

THANK YOU FOR EVERY COMMENT AND SUBSCRIPTION!

Oh my God, you're so nice, even if I wasn't updating for so long... Thank you~

*sobbing*

I love you all, so, sooo, SOOOO MUCH~ ♥