chapter 7

you and i

Early in the morning in jay’s room:

Yoona: oppa! Oppa! Oppa!

Jaebom (still has his eyes closed): what? What? What?

Yoona: wake up and take me home.

Jaebom: I’ll call a cab for you. They’ll take you home.

Yoona: (slaps him on his shoulder) don’t be mad. Come on wake up now (tugs on his duvet).

Jaebom: yah. It’s still dark outside.

Yoona: how do you know? You have your eyes closed.

Jaebom: I was just guessing.

Yoona: so come on wake up and drop me off before the sun comes up.

Jaebom: before anyone sees us you mean?

Yoona: yeah that as well.

Jaebom: fine give me half an hour I’ll be out.

Yoona: fine I’ll go make breakfast.

Jaebom: fine now go.

Yoona: geez alright! Alright!

After washing up and having their breakfast they make their way to jay’s bike. Since yoona was wearing just a dress she seemed cold so jaebom took his jacket off and gave it to yoona who politely took it and thanked him.

Yoona: oppa when did you learn to ride a bike.

Jaebom: umm when I was in America after I left 2pm.

Yoona: oh. Ok.

Jaebom: so umm shall we move?

Yoona: oh yeah sure.

Jaebom: yoona can I ask you something?

Yoona: sure.

Jaebom: I hope you don’t mind and it’s not my place really to say anything but how are you going to deal with them?

Yoona: I don’t know oppa. I guess I’ll find out when I see them.

Jaebom: you see them later tonight don’t you?

Yoona: (shocked) how do you know?

Jaebom: I mean you’ll be seeing Jessica when you get to the dorm and you’ll see him when you guys perform at the music show tonight.

Yoona: yeah. Hang on now you couldn’t have possibly known I’ll see him unless you’re still keeping tabs on their schedule.

Jaebom: it’s become a habit. I mean when I was still with them I used to check the schedule every hour just to be careful and now it’s hard to let that go. Man that makes me sound like a weirdo.

Yoona: nah that’s just goes to show that you’re a good leader.

Jaebom: thanks.

Yoona: no problem. Anyway don’t worry I’ll help you get rid of that habit.

Jaebom: how will you do that?

Yoona: I have my own ways. Anyway how can you still check their schedule I thought you broke all connections with them.

Jaebom: oh through my work phone. You see I still have the password to J.Y hyung’s computer and I use my work phone to log into his account and check what the guys have on.

Yoona: you do realise that’s called hacking don’t you.

Jaebom: (laughs) probably.

Yoona: okay give me your phone.

Jaebom: why?

Yoona: just give it to me.

Jaebom: (hands over his work phone) here. What are you going to do?

Yoona: (takes it and throws it in the ground and squashes it with her feet) there opp-

Jaebom: arghhhhhhhhhhh. My phone, have you gone mad?

Yoona: nope just helping you get over the bad habit.

Jaebom: bu-

Yoona: no buts come on let’s move.

Jaebom: whatever (pretends to be angry while yoona gets on the bike).

Yoona: aww oppa are you mad.

Jaebom: yes I am.

Yoona: ok then what do I have to do to make you happy? oh wait take left from here.

Jaebom: I have one request. But you’ll probably not like it.

Yoona: no its ok. Name your request. Oh go around the roundabout and take the third left.

Jaebom: when you get to the dorm now and when you see him later on don’t lose your cool ok. Just be calm and try and hear their side of the story and don’t be angry because you don’t look good when you’re upset.

Yoona: i.. umm I’ll try but I don’t know if I’ll be able to face Jessica unnie without blowing off.

Jaebom: you will be ok. I have faith in you.

Yoona: thanks oppa.

After that they stay silent throughout the journey. They want to say something but then don’t just in case the topic goes back to Taecyeon and Jessica. After what seemed like ages they arrive outside her dorm just as the sun begins to come up. Yoona gets off the bike and turn to face jaebom.

Yoona: thanks for everything oppa.

Jaebom: hey no worries.

Yoona: so where are you heading now? Back home?

Jaebom: nah I’ve got schedule to go to.

Yoona: well have fun then.

Jaebom: ok thanks. Umm I guess bye then.

Yoona (without thinking she goes over and kisses him on the cheek and hugs him) bye and thank you once again.

Jaebom: (still in shock by yoona’s action) i..i.. umm bye. See you soon (he then rides off)

Yoona: (yells after him) oppa call me again soon okay?

She sees jaebom give her thumbs up as a sign saying he will. As she walks into the building and up the stairs she realises just then about what she did and thinks “oh god did I just kiss him? Oh man now it’s going to be so awkward. Arghh stupid me”. Those steps towards her dorm seem to be like the step she’s taking to hell. The nearer she gets the angrier she becomes. And when she finally reaches outside that white front door and slowly turns the door open she can already hear her members moving about inside. she closes the door behind and in less than 2 seconds she hears opening of bedroom door and running footsteps all coming towards her direction while she just stand in doorway. Her member’s one bye one come out and starts to hug her and cry.

Taeyeon: yah where were you? Why weren’t you answering your phone?

Tiffany: we were so worried. We thought you were going to do something stupid.

Seohyun: where did you sleep unnie? What did you eat? How are you feeling?

Yuri: yah you know I get scared when I sleep alone in our room I couldn’t sleep all night. I was constantly calling you and worrying.

Hyoyeon: it’s not just us that was worried. Suju and Shinee members were all worried and then even went looking for you all over the city. Leeteuk oppa was seriously losing his mind.

Sunny: and guess what? Kibum also came over the company and he was in a right state. One minute he was crying and worrying about you and the next minute he was like an angry hulk and he punched Taecyeon in the face.

Yoona: he..he..he did that For me?

Taeyeon: of course he did. He’s your best friend after all.

Sooyoung: ahh you also should’ve have seen Nichkhun he was ready to kill Taecyeon. I’m surprised he didn’t kill taec on the way to our company although Junho did say taec received good morning punch from khun.

Suddenly they all go quite when they hear a door open on the far side of the room and a tired looking Jessica comes out. By looking at her yoona could tell that she’d been crying.

Jessica: (sniffing) ohh yoona you’re back?

Yoona: why? Are you surprised to see me? Did you expect me to be dead?

Jessica: (tears start rolling down) yoona i-

Yoona: you know what I don’t want to speak to you or hear your voice because even I don’t know what I’ll end up doing. Right now I just want to be left alone. You guys go to practice without me I’ll see you there.

Yuri: but yoo-

Yoona: please unnie. I am tired and I want to be left alone right now.

Yoona goes into her room which she shares with Yuri and just lies down on her bed trying to think where it all went wrong. What made Taecyeon cheat on her? Was her love not enough for him? Did she bore him? Did she not make a good girlfriend? It wasn’t long before she fell asleep and was only woken up by her phone ringing. She saw the caller ID it was Hyoyeon.

Yoona: hello unnie?

Hyoyeon: yah are you still sleeping?

Yoona: no. I’m up.

Hyoyeon: well hurry up and come to practice. We’re waiting.

Yoona: ok. I’ll be there in half an hour.

Hyoyeon: wait do you want me to send Minho over to pick you up since all of the Shinee is here anyway.

Yoona: no its ok unnie. I’ll come by myself. Besides let him and Yuri unnie spend more time together.

Hyoyeon: (laughs) ok if you say so. Now hurry up. I’ve got to go now Eunhyuk is here.

Yoona: ok bye unnie.

Hyoyeon: bye.

 As yoona drags herself out of the dorm and into her car things are still on her mind and she doesn’t know how to deal with those things. She turns the music on and all she can hear is soppy love songs so she turns them off. Soon she arrives at SM building and after parking as far away as possible from Jessica’s car she goes up towards the practice room and flings the door open. To her surprise the girls are not practicing at all instead 7 of them are huddled together at one side while Jessica is left by herself on one side. Yoona goes over to the 7 girls.

 Yoona: what are you guys doing?

Taeyeon: what do you mean?

Yoona: I mean why are you guys ignoring her?

Taeyeon: after what she’s done she deserves all she gets.

Yoona: look I know you guys are upset, hurt and angry but its not going to make things easier if you ignore.

Sooyoung: why are you defending her?

Yoona: I am not. But please I couldn’t live myself if the group got separated because of me. So please just try and be nice to her and include her.

Sunny: yoona you don’t have to be nice to her ok. She doesn’t deserve it.

Yoona: she might not but she’s hurting now and she also needs somebody by her side okay. Tiffany unnie you’re her best friend right? Go and talk to her.

Tiffany: (looks uncertain of what to say) yoona I d-.

Yoona: please unnie for me.

Tiffany: but y-

Yoona: please unnie.

Tiffany: ok then.

Yoona: (hugs tiffany) thank you.

 When Jessica sees tiffany walk towards her she looks scared as she feels like she’ll only yell at her but is surprised when tiffany takes Jessica’s hand and sits down beside her. Jessica can only watch as her best friend starts to wipe her tears away and they hug each other while sobbing silently. Even though yoona is still mad at Jessica she can’t help but feel relieved knowing that Jessica will have somebody beside to support her. As she’s thinking that she suddenly feels her hand being grabbed and being pulled towards the door by someone who she hasn’t seen in a long time.

Yoona: yah stop it. Stop pulling me. Taeyeon unnie help me.

Taeyeon: take her but bring her back in 20 minutes.

YoonA: unieeeeeeeeeeeeeee why?  Yah I know you’re mad but stop dragging me. You’re hurting my hand.

 Her hand is suddenly let go of and instead she is picked up by that person who throws her over his shoulder and start running with yoona still screaming like mad person.