The decision

Status.

It was soon announced that Jaerim was to leave WGM, reason being he had recently started dating a girl that's not in the entertainment circle. Reporters managed to dig up facts on Soeun. They stated her name, age, profession, niece of SM Ent & praised her charming looks. Ever since then, they had been in the public eye & their couple snap shots on the streets were taken. Fans had nothing to whine about when she's all beauty & brawn. Most importantly, they looked happy, not caring who was looking at them. 

The guys in SM cried out when they knew about it. Some saw them holding hands leaving the company's building. Of everyone, she liked Jaerim. To them, he's a newbie on the money roller with common features. How on earth did he managed to snap up such a amazing woman? Jaerim cared less. The director had a meeting with him regarding Soeun & told him to treat her right. Maybe he's an actor, he could date, Jaerim felt. Siwon came to him too. And as gentleman as he is, he warned him bout mistreating Soeun, that he will take her away if he hear anything bad. 

Rae was skeptical bout their r/s. He had the same thoughts as Soeun and it voices down to 'she's not gonna stay in Korea permanently'. But he gave them his blessing anyway and even called their parents bout it. And on the spot, sent them their couple picture. Kai started the pushing him away from Soeun when he saw them holding hands. It took some time to get Kai accustom to Soeun's love for Jaerim. 

2years passed. They were still going strong. Yet it was also this time that Soeun received her R&D project invitation. The destination was Mongolia, term of research stated at least 3 years on a bacteria that could possibly cure the degeneration of human cells. Leukemia might have other ways to he cured other than changing of a bone marrow. Soeun's eyes sparkled brighter than before. She agreed on the trip out on the spot without informing anyone. 

Jaerim's mood was affected. After his magazine shoot, he saw over 20 missed calls and texts from Rae. His girlfriend did not even bother to bring up this for discussion, did not even inform him anything on her decision. He received news of her agreeing on the R&D project through Rae, who knew it from the hospital board. 30 more mins to his fan signing event. Rather than the usual smiles he has, a frown took over. His expression was as cold as winter. He couldn't believe that Soeun could do this. 

"It's me... Im going to Mongolia. This research can save tons of people if I can get a head out of it. I'm sorry. I don't wanna leave you but.....",Soeun said through when Jaerim picked up his phone without a word. She knows he's angry, anyone would but she can't find any ways to comfort him. "I'm busy right now. Talk later.", Jaerim replied. That was it. He hung up the phone. Soeun realised her mistake. The intense pain in her heart to hear Jaerim's tone of affection was killing her. She thought too little of his feelings. 

Days turns to weeks. Soeun had been trying to explain to Jaerim but he had been avoiding her. She went to SM Building, waited outside his apartment, visited his drama location and even q-ed for hours for his fan signing event. He never returned home, the drama drew disallowed her presence and he didn't smile when he saw her with a empty sign board. That was so much she can do. She left him plenty of voicemail, he never once called back. He only texted "I'm busy". If this was what Jaerim wanted, Soeun had to let him have his way. She cried to sleep every night not hearing his goodnight. She was feeling irritated at her bahaviour over a man. 3 more days before her flight. 

"You look like a zombie. Why are you doing this to yourself? You are stupid to hurt her and yourself. She's leaving in 2 night. That's all you can do? You two shouldn't have started. Jaerim! Stop drinking!",Rae shouted at Jaerim with concern. He knew what his sister had done. She's as stubborn as him & he knows no matter what, she's leaving for Mongolia. But seeing her acting strong infront of him was heart breaking. He knew what she did to have Jaerim's attention. He never thought his sister will do so much, just to have Jaerim acknowledge her. She loves him dearly, he could see it clearly. Yet seeing Jaerim getting himself drunk everynight since the news broke was heart wrenching. He loved her so much to let her go, to let her forget bout him and leave for good. 

Jaerim was going crazy. Here she was telling him she's leaving for sure yet there she goes doing things out of his imagination. She leaves voice messages when he started to avoid her calls and texts. There's her crying, her plainly calling out his name, her saying missing & loving him, her asking him to leave with her. He can't. He's a man, there's mouth he needs to feed. She knows yet she's trying her luck. It pained him more. He saw her squatting outside his apartment door from his security camera. She brought food to a empty house. She waited til she fell asleep. She came back again & again but he was not in. He was told she's in his fan signing que. He kept glancing over to her spot, worrying if she's been standing too long. But 2hrs later when he saw her smiling face, he couldn't look at her. To see her so desperately looking for him made him realise this woman does love him as much as him to her. But there's nothing he can do. She wants to go, he can't stop her. 

Her flight took off. He got hold go himself as he hid behind pillars at the airport. She was searching for him, he knows. 3years passed. Jaerim's career sky rocketed and stabled while Soeun's research made a outstanding finding. Unknowingly, both had been searching for one another's news. There's report on their breakup but none made any announcement to it. They both had been constantly asked about their love life as there's beautiful woman surrounding Jaerim & talented professionals around Soeun. While Jaerim maintained his manly physic, Soeun became even more beautiful as she aged. 

"Hey look! That girl over there! Ain't she the prettiest you've ever seen?", Jaerim's stylist said as there were chilling by a cafe. Jaerim cared less. There's only one that's pretty and it's her. It was only when he heard his stylist saying her eyes were green that made Jaerim looked up in his direction. Soeun was staring straight back at him. He ran straight to her, shocking his stylist. "Why are you here?", Jaerim asked as she held strong on her shoulder as if she'll disappear if he let go. "I'm back......for someone I've been missing for the past 3yrs. I'm waiting for the house agent.  I've got no place to stay yet so I'll contact you again, alright?", Soeun replied. 

"You're not staying elsewhere. My house will be your, always! I gave you a chance to leave. But you came back. I'm not letting go anymore. I love you Soeun arh. Don't go anywhere. Stay with me.", Jaerim said as he pulled Soeun to a hug. The feeling was not foreign. He couldn't help but laughed when Soeun said," Remember you said that our status are different? That you're just an actor while I'm a doctor? That I can find a better man in Mongolia? While I'm away, I've learnt that your earning increased alot! So status is no issue right? Now I'm telling you, we can overcome it together... I missed you."