Getting the attention.

Status.

Soeun rolled Jaerim's name in , "Song Jaerim.... Jae rim... Nice name." She finds it smooth but in that second, she remembered she's in Korea instead of the States. In the states, she could even call her dad by the name if she wanted but here in Korea, the formality of speech depends on seniority in age. Worse, she dislike the words 'oppa', 'dong seng', 'noona' or 'unnie'. It sends goosebumps to the tip of her hair. Not wanting to be rude, she casually asked," Can I address you as Jaerim-si? You're most probably older than me but I really can't take myself calling anyone oppa. After so many years in US, even if my dad's a half Korean, those words cringe my fingers! (Laughs)" Jaerim had no issues with the informality, moreover she's not the local breed kinda girl. But he secretly loved how his name sounded with her voice as he requested her to just call him his name, Jaerim. 

Her being a doctor, her being having a close r/s with some big shot in SM, her from the States. Jaerim had wanted to ask if she knows Rae. They have such close similarities yet before he could ask, they bid goodbye. With a tug in his heart, Jaerim started his dance classes as usual. While Soeun continued to catch the eyes of the staffs when she reached the mgmt floor. She went up to the table nearest to the lift & asked for their directors room. Their eyes shifted from where she first stood to the door of the person who'd founded SM. It was then they know from their director's secretary that the green-eyed girl is his niece. Whisperings whether was she here to join the company floated around within the two hours. What shocked them was the girl practically dragging a laughing director out of his room. It was a first sight. 'Who the hell is this girl?' was what went through everyone's mind. 

"Hiiiiiiiiiii uncle! Missed me? No? But I missed you!!!! (Hugged her uncle tightly) Look at your smile! Exactly the same as dad's! Equally e*tic. (Laughs) How's my nephew & niece? They're in uni now right? The last time I caught up with them was.....oh well, last night. But do you know how they are doing hmm?! Show some expressions! (Massage his face roughly) Did you inject Botox? Urgh! Let's go for lunch! You treat!", Soeun demanded when her stomach growled as she didn't care where they were, who he was, she took his wrist and pulled. The old Lee couldn't be happier as he laughed out. He was expecting the trouble maker, one way or another. 

He had seen Soeun since young. Both her brother and her although had Asian skin has coloured eyes, the exact ones of his step-brother of the same mom. He got a surprise when Rae opened his eyes but when it happen again on Soeun, he knows its in the blood. His step dad although a American was acceptable of using his mom's surname - Kim as their middle name. The little girl he had been affectionate with had grown into a stunning woman yet still keeping her childlike honest behavior til now. She had always managed to bring laughter to him. Even his kids are closer to her than him. No matter how busy she was, she would cater time for his son Soo Jun & daughter Soo Yoon. She was the bridge that made his own family closer. Soeun taught his kids the value of family. 

The moment the lift door closed, the staffs ran down the stairs to catch a glimpse of what's next between the two. One was old enough to be her father and another too pretty to be real. You won't name Heechul as one contented boy. His curiousity always gets him into deep sh*t yet he can't be bothered. Heechul received text that their boss had been girl-handled. He needed to see it by himself and indeed true to be told & my goodness was she the most exotic looking girl he laid his eyes on. And he is sure that his boss is enjoying himself, forgetting where he was. 

"Boss! Watch your image! Since when does the great Lee Man Soo gets dragged by... (Looked over at Soeun) you are?", Heechul interrupted their conversation where both were laughing away as people looked on. He had never seen his boss being so out of himself in public nor seen him treats his few beloved idols under his wing like he was with this girl. At such, he decided to clear everyone's doubt. The closer he get to them, the clearer her face was shown. Her eyes narrowed and what she said next blew him off. "That's not the way to get a girl's name, pretty boy. You hair is too long. It dosent suit your face, too pretty. Why not I cut it free for you! My skills are pretty sleek. You'l have more manly charms!", Soeun said as she stuck out her tongue at him. Her eyes caught a familiar being, Heechul's reply was left behind.

His body was still too stiff. Although said to have improvement, he wasn't satisfied with the progress. His manager's soul was not in his body as he did not answered to Jaerim's call. Yet his eyes were fixed onto his phone. Upon feeling the push, his manager showed what's on his cell phone screen. It was Soeun wrist handling their company's founder and they are all in smiles. "Is he her sugar daddy? That will be so gross........!! Look at the hand! Ewwwwww. What in the world is goin on??", Jaerim's manager cried out. Even Jaerim himself was surprised but he felt there's nothing between, he hoped there's nothing. The girl gave him a carefree aura. Getting into a messy r/s dosent go well with her. 

Jaerim took his shower and headed out. There was no schedule for the remaining day. He could check up on the kiddo who was napping the last time he visited. With his backpack sling behind him, he walked pass the many small groups around the lobby area. The company's popular girl&boy group members were crowding his walkway. As he walked along the side, he turned his head and saw one old man, one beautiful girl & a sweet-mouthed boy named Heechul. The boy that looks like a girl yet is capable to make a girl go crazy for him. Not caring much, his sight lingered longer on Soeun before letting out a sigh, deciding he had seen & heard enough. Her speech was indeed catchy to the ears. He wanted to hear more but didn't want to add numbers to the crowd. 

To say Heechul and the rest were dumbfounded by her reply was understood. They had never seen a girl spoke in such way before. She was practically saying out what's on her mind, via her eyes. Heechul stunned, the old Lee laughed. "Heechul, my niece here is not your usual type of girl. She preferred her name to be asked nicely instead of adding flacks in it. What u give her, she'll return to you more. Just be nice. Now, try again. (Laughs) And oh! She's not kidding on her hair chopping skills. Wanna try?", old Lee teased. But as Heechul speaks, Soeun called out a name that was recently frequently mentioned in their world of entertainment. Everyone followed her sight of line. 

Soeun dosent know what came up to her but she wasn't paying attention to her uncle's teasing on the guy named Heechul. In an instance, she let go the wrist of her uncle's and called out," Arh! Jaerim! Jaerim! Here here here! (Waved her hands above her head)". Equally shocked that his name was heard, Soeun even went up to him, her smile never leaving her face. He was suddenly pulled towards the 2 man by the arm of both Soeun's hand. "Uncle! You know him? Him & his manger are the ones who guided me in your maze company! (Looked back at Jaerim) Are you done with your stuffs? Where are you heading to? I can drop you somewhere. We are gonna have lunch, or do all go you wanna join? This old man here is very rich! (Laughs)", Soeun said making everyone clapped their hands on her suggestion. 

It's like everything happen too fast. One min the crowd were guessing who she was, the next moment they know she's the niece of their boss. Jaerim had a hard time adjusting to the scenario although he could 90% confirmed that Soeun is Rae's sister, the monster indeed. First he had Soeun calling his name, then touching him, then offering him a ride. He turned down her kindness but said he has a gut feel that they will be meeting soon again. Soeun's way of interaction might give people the wrong impression but she stops it immediately when one said no. He likes that she give space and does not force it her way. How can he be attracted to her in just one day, only those few mins? His phone beeped more than a few times. It was the staffs and kids asking if he's got her number so they can have it. It pissed him off and deleted without replying any. 

SM staffs and idols were wowed at Soeun's car. She's petite yet she's driving a big car. It some how's shows her character in her choice of vehicles. She's not one to mess with. Soeun brought the old Lee to a road side stall. It did not disappoint him as Soeun knows his picky taste bud. When she dropped him off, all the other idols circled him, asking bout Soeun's particular. He merely told them Soeun's age, occupation & heritage. Her coloured eyes were verified as born with it & her profession stuck on them as they can't imagine her in the operation theater covered in blood. They then realised her background was not one to kid around when Siwon (SuperJunior member) said his family insisted to only have her art on him during his last admittance to the prestigious KM HQ Hospital in the states. He told them that's how his 'S' scar formed.

"I think I've bummed into your sister today. Her name's Soeun right? That eyes! It's like your looking at me! And she somehow created a commotion at the company. So I roughly guessed. Hey Sojin! Good? Come here bugger! Arnt you gonna say hi to your favorite uncle?", Jaerim said to Rae then carried Kai when he saw the little fello paddled out to the bar area. He went straight to KAE to chill out with his buddy, wrestled with Kai, disturbing the little boy. "(Laughs) That's right. We have the same eyes! You are kinda smart boy! She's a monster I told you. How? Cute? Want me to intro you guys but wait a min, you've got her name already! Way to go huh. By the way, she called me saying......", Rae answered but was cut off when the door open and Kai's name was head from far. 

Kai immediately hopped off from him & ran to the source of the voice. Jaerim recognized that voice, it's Soeun. As they looked on, Soeun was hugging Kai, spinning him in circles, both giggling away. "Yeobo!", Kai shouted. The Kim family laughed while Jaerim face looked shocked. "Kai..... It's aunty not honey.", Sojin said as she hugged Soeun with Kai in the middle. "Nooooooo. Kae is mine!", Kai kissed on Soeun's lips. "Now you know why I say she love them more than me? My son wants to marry her! This monster of mine must have did some voodoo on them.", Rae explained to Jaerim. "But the little bugger said to marry Kae no?", Jaerim asked and he was told that Kae is Soeun's english name. While his is Rae Kim Raeyeon, Soeun's is Kae Kim Soeun. And that the club was named under he know who. 

"Hey! You know my brother too? Stop it Kai, I'm talking. When someone is talking, what must you do? That's right, listening is a form of respect. (Pecked on Kai's forehead) Sorry. Brother! Don't start it. There's outsiders here! What! Jaerim you know my monster title? Urgh....... Kai's father!!!!!!! Forget it. Since you're here, I have one more tongue to help me taste my new creations!", Soeun said as she hyped up her mood. Jaerim was impressed on how she spoke to Kai. She can be your playmate but basic respect was taught to the ever mischevious Kai who dosent listen to his own parents. 

Further more impressed when Rae told him that the creator of his drinks was Soeun. This yong lady mixing the different alcohols behind the counter really amaze him. Gone were the girl in sneaker. Now standing before him is a woman in tight fitting black tee, skinny jeans, 4inch strap heels and a lightly touched up face that brings out her blood red lip colour. Every drink she made, they only had good reviews. Rae does have a multi talented sister and tonight she'll be helping him out behind the bar, passing her skills to his boys who looked forward to Soeun's visit. To them, she's their master. 

The night got darker, Kai cried loudly when he had to leave Soeun's side but the lady herself had a way to calm him down and he left with his mom. Rae showed Jaerim's the thumbs up on Soeun's magic on Kai. He left Jaerim with Soeun as the club started filling with people. The conversation flowed naturally between them, with Soeun mentioning why she intro-ed herself as Soeun instead of Kae. She's adjusting to the Korean culture and he understands. He asked why she had decided to come to Korea and her answer was to help her brother out as she knows Rae wanted to make his passion a success. What he didn't like was hearing her say to leave when there's new R&D missions. 

"My parents are worried if the older folks in the hospital will take me seriously. They say my face gives no confidence. That's gonna be a headache but I hope I can managed. How bout you? How long have you know my bro? I've never seen you throughout my past visiting!", Soeun said as she multitask-ed between the bartenders & Jaerim. 

"Don't bother too much. Prove to them with your skills. I think that's enough for them to give you the basic respect. I believe you can, seeing how much talent you have in you. (Smiles) I've never intrude into his family bonding time but he really love you a lot. I can see that. We have known each other for 3years? He's a good pal but is an idiot. (Laughs)", Jaerim added. 

He noticed guys were standing beside him, trying to get Soeun's attention but she wasn't giving any. The boys attended to them before Soeun could be at their service. They have been chatting non stop for the past 2hrs and there's nothing but chillax laughter. He got to know more about her life and she know his in that time frame. As the floor gets busier, Soeun went tables to get the drinks orders. Some held her longer than usual, teasing her while others didn't have the chance when Rae pulled her aside asking her to stay behind the bar. As stubborn the siblings can be, it's not working. Rae gave up & let her be but requested Jaerim to look out on her. 

Soeun enjoyed the flow of topic between her & Jaerim. He walked through the tough path to where he is now. She admire his humbleness and strive to succeed. In her eyes, she see him as a man. She likes his smile, she likes him. The impression was setting into her mind. The last time was with someone who gave her the identical feeling as now. But maybe they were too young then, things spiraled down along the long distance r/s. And to say she saw him at one of the table didn't make her feel otherwise. She has long got over it. They had remained in contact. 

Rumours floated around SM regarding Siwon & Soeun. That they knows one another since years ago & had dated before. The news got to Jaerim's manager first hand and when told to Jaerim, he wasn't too happy to hear that many were asking Siwon to chase her back, saying they are compatible in many ways. She was his first gf but his possessiveness got out of control, she decided to persue her career as priority. They remained as very good friends, without realizing that  Siwon is still in love with her. Through Siwon, Soeun's was admired by many for her talents.

That night, at the club. She told him about him. It was casual, not hiding any facts or trying to prove any thing. He realised that's love buried over time. Everything about her, he stored them into his memory permernantly. Jaerim admits to his attraction to Soeun when his heart tightens up badly on the rumors. He's made up his mind to get her attention.