Their path crossed.

Status.

"Soeunnieeeeeeee~~~~~~~~ do you really dislike apa & omma that much? Why can't you stay a little longer this time? You're away for 1yr and now that your back, next week you're going to your brother's side? So unfair!!!!! That idiot son left me drinking soju alone & now my flower baby is saying bye to me too! And that e*t uncle of yours is there too! Don't goooooooooo.....", Soeun's dad whined. It only made the mom & daughter duo laugh. He's a son & daughter's fool. The family's eldest son had been in Korea since the opening of KM Hospital - Korea branch. It had been 8years. 

Soeun had been requested to take over her brother's position til her next R&D project picks up. For her, it was the first time staying on long term in Korea. On frequent visits to her bro, the longest she stayed was only 1week. Although she's fluent in korean, english was still her main communication. She can't imagine herself stuck in a country that only speak in the language as her dad. But given her character, she recalled what her brother said. "I bet you cant adjust to the lifestyle here. So don't bother coming here monster!" First he formally proposed to the board to have her take over him, then he dig in on her. The men in the Kim's house really are one of a kind. 

"Hey, Rae! Where's the kiddo? Can I have a beer please. Thanks dude.", Jaerim made himself at home as he walked into a club that was not open yet. 

"What's up current IT guy of Korea! Arh, Kai is taking his nap. Why are you here at this timing? No schedule? You look tired man. Everything ok?", Rae was surprised when someone walked in when the signboard clearly stated "CLOSED" but the familiar faces eased his curiousity. 

4yrs ago, Rae started operating his own club named KAE. It has since been the no.1 top club in Soeul, frequent by people of the riches and entertainment folks. Their marketing was single handled by his wife, Sojin. They have been married for 4.5 years and have a cute son named Kai, aged 3. Their music orientation varies upon a wide range, their mock/cocktails are exclusively created and their dance floor are always filled with surprises. That made them famous. 

Jaerim got to know Rae and his small family on the night of SM entertainment Xmas celebratory party 3years back. He was sort of a loner who didn't have much job and a certain distance him and others apart. He was seated at the bar counter throughout, occasionally picking up lines with a few. Rae saw everything & decided to make his Xmas better. Who knows, a short conversation made them click til now. Sojin & Kai was introduced too. What shocked Jaerim was not only is Rae the nephew of his company's director, Lee Soo Man, he is also a director himself of KM Hospital. It was passion in music that made him open a business that doesn't go well with his professionalism. To Rae, it was Jaerim's non judgements character that created the bond between the two man. 

"I'm fine. Just need a breather. I can't believe you only need one variety program to get recognized. But at least I can feed the folks better now, that's more important. How's business? Any new drinks?", Jaerim continued their conversation. Over the years, he got better in luck on his work but the rumors of him & his virtual wife being together outside of the prog was tiring. No doubt his partner in the WGM prog did made a move on him but she just isn't his cup of coffee. Even the viewers could see why but the media outlets could not. He might be as cheesy to her on screen but her reactions are far too exaggerated.

"Monster. Why are you calling me? It's pass midnight, shouldn't you be drooling on your pillow now?", Rae excused himself as his cell phone rang. It made Jaerim curious who he was on the line with. It should be someone close for Rae to address the caller as 'monster'. 

"I'm not a monsterrrrrrrrrrrrrr, idiot brother! Hmph! And I don't drool! How's my pretty capable sis in law & the little rascal nephew? I'll be arriving tomorrow but you don't have to pick me. I'm not interested to see your face. (Laughs) I'll report to the hospital a week after I've got all stuffs settled. Oh! I've come out with a list of new drinks! So...... I can pop by to demo after I've settled the apartment thingy, alright?", Soeun spoke through when she heard her brother's voice. 

"I've never told you bout this monster? Seriously? And I thought I told you almost everything bout me except my wife's bra size! (Laughs) She's someone I cherish more than my life, love more than my parents, wife and son! Yea, shocking huh. Not affair you fu*ker! She's my younger sister. Very very cute looking! Always looking after people around her more than herself. She treats Sojin & Kai even better than me! Oh! She's arriving tomorrow. There will be chances you'll see her, for sure! She's gonna be in Korea for a good few years... I managed to kidnap her over. (Laughs)", Rae answered to Jaerim's question after the conversation with Soeun. 

It only made Jaerim curious than ever. It's the first time seeing Rae praising someone with so much energy. He could really see the love he has for his sister. Rae is someone sociable on two instance. One, you are really his friend that he could practically pour all tricks and vulgar words on you or two, for his club he got to entertain. Other than that, out of club timing, he's a stotic man, the impression he give. Since Rae was previously from the States, jaerim assumed the sister is coming to Korea. He left that topic aside as it's too personal to continue intruding about someone he dosent know. The two guys continued til the club operates it business & Jaerim left for his next schedule. 

"Okasan, Apa! Please. I can't take it when both of you cry in public! This is so embarrassing! I'm only going to Korea. Don't worry. We have been there so many time before, right? I'll be fine. I'll try to come back often! I promise! Just take it I'm going on my usual R&D trips. There, breathe now you two kiddos. (Laughs)", Soeun tried her best to keep her parents' tears at bay, was unsuccessful. She was about to check-in for her flight. Her parents insisted on sending her off. Every long trip she endeavor, regardless how many she had been over the past years, her parents still cry. Soeun know how much they love her and how lonely the house will be. 

"Although I can live on happily with just your mom, but not hearing your fire-cracking voice in the house is abnormal! It's too quiet! I need to get a puppy to replace you for the moment, right honey?", Soeun's dad said as he looked lovingly to her mom but was whacked by Soeun for substituting a pet as her. They were kind of worried for Soeun. Their daughter was born with a kind & soft heart. In terms of her job, she's very professional yet once her robe is off, she's easily taken advantage of. She's one who easily bring a smile to people's face, a mood maker. And she give 101% in everything she do. They just dosent want her to be mistakenly judged by her bloodline on the new job. 

Jaerim carried out his daily planned schedule as usual. After 6 years in the entertainment world, he finally see the light of hope in his career. His bank account digits have been increasing. More directors for dramas & movies are keen to cast him in their production. Over the years, everyone saw the hardwork & seriousness Jaerim put into his work. He polished himself project after projects. Yet he never once get over his head & act as one A-star actor who demands Hollywood treatments on set. As long they see suitable roles, they'll recommend Jaerim to the directors or PDs. 

Fans were supporting him ever since his last few dramas. He cut his hair, gained some weight, his popularity soared. Jaerim was glad he didn't have hardcore fans that track his cell phone & address down. He heard many stories from the idols in his agency being trailed to their home and even stole their underwear. He couldn't live with such lifestyle if it ever happen. Recently, he had been interviewed by different magazine on his relationship. He answered all questions frankly. 

Soeun was alarmed by the number of bodyguards her brother sent to pick her. And the usual tricker said that's her punishment for saying she dosent want to see his face. So instead of one handsome face, she gets 10 giant-sized men in black suite waiting for her at the arrival hall. All eyes were on her, trying to figure out who this baby-faced looking girl was. Her looks definitely passed off as a model but her height....not.

The day she touched down, she went to the apartment she requested. The initial house can home at least 10 people, it was too much. The hospital hostel was out of her reach as that's not where her family will agree. So, she managed to source herself a cosy place. It is near the hospital, the area has a police post and the apartment has tight security that can accommodate 3 familes of 3 should her parents & brother's family decided to pop by. She then got herself a car, the same as what she has in US, a white G-wagon Mercedes. The buying of furniture & unpacking for the past few days worn her off but she's more or less settled down. 

"What's with the commotion? All the young kids are gathering at the lobby. Are we expecting any big shots?", Jaerim's manager said as the mixture of sounds gets louder and more are standing around, as if they are fans themselves. Jaerim shrugged his shoulder, "Not that I know of. Maybe? You know how SM's power is like. They are fingers on a tiny ant, can crush us anytime. Perhaps they managed to invite some A-lister over to join under them?". Jaerim and his manger then left to proceed to one of the training room for his dance practice to showcase on his Japan fan-meeting next month.  

The lift stopped at the 3rd floor. Soeun stepped in, briefing looked at the pair who was looking back at her. Upon noticing her intended level button was pressed while she's on the phone, she merely pressed the close button of the lift. One glance, Soeun can see both are decent people. Perhaps the plumper taller one is less. She saw his cheeks go red when their eyes met. But the other slightly shorter was plainly looking at her as if trying to figure out who she was. She guessed it was normal as not anyone could enter the mega SM building just like that. It made her fume at the receptionist earlier on as she complained through the phone, not caring the pair in the same lift as her. 

"Are you sure you hired the right lady for the job? Yes, her plastic face was perfectly sew but her attitude was so poor! Don't get trick by such faces! I'm gonna tell Yuna auntie about it uncle! I know I shouldnt park at ur VIP lots area but I can't get into the building's car park. See!!!!!! My cute face manged to put the security uncles' guard down but your jealous recep kept picking on me. Urgh! I've told her nicely on my appointment with you but without checking, she said I'm lying and asked me to leave, that my face is even more plastic than hers, I will not be selected as a idol and I won't be able to earn a living for myself even if selected! Who ever said being selected means earning money. More like helping you earn money instead, duh! I have better things to do than that, you have too much money already! She left me no choice but to call you to come get me. Her face was priceless when your secretary called her desk phone. Her eyeballs glued on me like I was gold! (Laughs). Complaint done! I feel so fresh now. Don't fire her because of what I said. There might be reasons behind her treating me that way. Just don't fire her recklessly, promise??? Arh, why do I have to go through so many lifts to see your wrinkled face? (Laughs) Alright, I'll ask around. See you in a bit!", Soeun finally end her bullet speech. When she looked around, the two pairs of eyes was staring down at her but she was only looking into one. She has forgotten her behavior when on the phone, her cheeks blushed as she shifted her sight away. 

The sudden outburst from the girl who entered the lift shocked both Jaerim & his manager. When she first stepped in, Jaerim blinked his eyes twice. His thoughts were exactly the same as his red cheeked manager when he glanced over his shoulder. A woman body with a girl's face. Plain white tee, jeans & sneakers. Clear complexion, waved hair and a coloured contact lens-ed eyes which look perfectly well match to her face. He had seen many beauty before but this one was attractive, in his eyes. And she smelled good too, like a fruit. He hated those strong scent. 

Her conversation was intriguing. He can't help but wonder who she was speaking to and somehow, he have a feeling the commotion at the lobby earlier on was about her. She's speaking formally yet informally. He could tell she and the caller talks this way. It made him pulled back to the case of Rae & his monster. His thought immediately went "Are they related? Rae mentioned his sister is in town already and director Lee is his uncle." His inner analytical mind came to a stop when her voice increased and her fingers kept poking at her own features. It was a cute sight, he couldn't help but smile. 

Short paragraph could bring out such flavours of a person, Jaerim deduced. She's out spoken, saying whatever she feels yet what she'd said was not meant to hurt anyone, but to release the hot air within her. She even wanted to save a person's job with logical facts. This girl is very honest to herself. She caught his interest and she caught him staring at her when she looked up after her call ended. Their breath seems to stalled for a good minute before she shifted her eyes away carelessly. Her cheeks flamed up, it was too obvious. 

The lift door open, Soeun stepped out and looked around for sigh boards to guide her but there was none. Just as Jaerim & his manager walked further away, she called out," Sorry, excuse me. I'm lost. Do you know where's the lift to the management office? This is my visitor pass! I'm not some creepy fan! I swear!" Her reactions always bring a laughter. Jaerim manager casually told her," We heard your conversation in the lift. (Laughs) Don't worry, so long you have that pass, you'll be safe in this building. (Laughs) The mgmt lift is right at the corner in-front. Come, we are walking that direction too." 

As they walked on, Soeun started the conversation asking," Are you guys from the mgmt side?" Jaerim's manager replied saying he is and he's in charge of taking care of the man beside him and added," Yet he's the one looking after me more instead. I'm such a failure in my job don't you think?" It was at this instant, both Soeun and Jaerim said," No, your not!" in unison. Jaerim's manager smiled as he looked at them while they only see one another in their eyes. It was then Jareim decided to introduce himself," My name Song jaerim. I'm a actor." as he held his hand out to Soeun. His smile was genuine, it makes Soeun comfortable as she showed him her wide smile. "I'm.... K... Kim Soeun. I'm a doctor?" as she took Jaerim's hand and held it firmly with a shake. 

That's how Song Jaerim & Kim Soeun's path crossed.