Open r/s?

Status.

Soeun had started her responsibility in the hospital. As expected, the older folks spied on her, in hopes she make any sort of mistake. To them, she came in because it's belongs to her family. On the surface, they were afraid of her but underneath, they bad mouthed her. They didn't like both the siblings, they hated their eyes the most. To them, they are not Koreans, they are half breeds. Rae was untouchable as he projects an aura no one dared to do or say anything. His medical skills are the best in Korea, even they hate to admit.

Jaerim heard from Rae about Soeun's first day. She's been outcasted by the board but she's still as bubbly. Rae was thankful that his baby sister dosent care about getting into the good books of the older folks. To her, she's providing her abilities to the needed patients. Jaerim was waiting for Soeun at the SM building lobby. He can't believe he's in this embarrassing situation. It all happened during the night at KAE. 

-Flashback- 

"Alright!!!! Listen up all dancers! Tonight! Let's have a round of idol's dance competition! We will grant the winning ones a wish! Of course, within our means! Keep the dirty acts to yourselves please children! (Laughs)", Rae announced as the beat of the music increased the tempo. The entire floor cheered. "So who's on today? I see Taeyang! Yunho! What a rare sight. Eun hyuk! Hyuna! Minzy! Kai! Ever since you hit the age, you've been a frequent with your EXO members huh. No schedules today? Common, show us what you've got. We'll start off with the females, then makes & last a pair up! Any of your choice!", he continued on. 

"How about this. Tonight, my sister is in the house. We will join in the singles round and any of you can pick us as partnes! How's that?", Rae edged his regular customers. "Unfair! If you are joining, there's no way we can win! Booooooo!", the crowd jeered. It's been known that Rae is very good in dancing, in any type. They saw him alone & paired up with his wife. They were unbeatable. The idols learnt their lessons the hard way. To them, Rae had all the good genes & luck in terms of appearance, talents & a beautiful wife. 

Soeun glared at her brother when she heard her name. "This idiot never stop at embarrassing me! Dosent he know that our uncle is here? His troop of talent scouters are here too. I hate it. I've got a few asking me to join SM during the first visit. Even the old man asked me to be on a non-regular SM artist. That oldie only cares about money. Urgh!", Soeun nagged towards Jaerim. 

"If Rae can dance, I bet you can too right? Doctor (looked over at Rae's direction) doctor (looked back at Soeun). What's with the genes you two have man? Oh. You mean you were stopped by a few to get you locked under SM? (Laughs) You siblings and your uncle seems to have a love hate r/s. It's cool. But don't you want to earn more?", Jaerim continued as he ponders on Soeun's view on money. It was then she said having tons of money is good but she prefers to strike a balance. She ain't the kind who wanna sleep on a pile on cash as bedsheet yet got no life to spend it. And added she has a bit investment and savings there since she's not into branded bags. She made his lips tilted up. 

And so the male idols lined up on the dance floor. Rae took charge of the music. There's Taeyang vs Eunhyuk, Yunho vs JayPark, Kai vs Wooyoung and the others. Minzy vs Hyuna, Hyoyeon vs Soeun, Kahi vs Boa, etc. Some recognized Soeun while others awed at her striking features. It was given warning not to look down on his sister as what they see in him, they'll see more in her. But none believe Soeun could pull out any fantastic moves as she just dosent look like one could dance when she almost tripped if Jaerim hadn't held onto her. 

Soeun concluded that the guys are almost on par with one another. She likes the grove from Taeyang, the flexibility of Eunhyuk, each individual could almost go with the music her brother mixed. Taeyang won the guys side. As she looked upon the first team of girls, Minzy gave an edge while hyuna was more on getting people to focus on her facial expression and where her hands are roaming around her body while Kahi showed experience. To be fair, Rae stepped down the DJ spot when it was Soeun's turn. 

The beat started. It was the first time seeing Soeun's move. Jaerim's eyes never once moved away from her. As he see her competitor moves against Soeun, egging her to prove her skills, Soeun indeed showed them what she's got. In those slits heels, Soeun moved to ever beat, her hands and legs coordinated perfectly. Sensual yet highly complicated. Even Taeyang had his jaw dropped. No one could win her, it was an instant acknowledgement. Her cheers were the loudest as she fans her face after her segment. Every male wanted to pair up with her. But she had chosen Kai. 

"You are lucky your name is Kai. Else she'll probably not choose you. (Laughs) Her nephew's name is Kai too. So don't be too cheeky boy", Rae teased Kai when Soeun picked him. It was only fair to allow other competitors to pick their partners first. Jaerim didn't like seeing the guys hovering around Soeun. But he enjoyed the treatment from Soeun when she went up to him after her dance & sipped his drink as she told him she'll pick the one that have the same same as her nephew. In his eyes, she was plain cute. And Rae who saw everything plainly announced," No, that's not her bf so stop staring at the poor guy! Jaerim, let me save you. (Laughs)" 

"I've never paired up with a girl without proper choreographer guiding. I'm sorry if we can't win this noona", Kai said apologically to Soeun and he got a flick on his forehead. "Don't be silly. It's not always about winning. You need to enjoy before you can win. Don't take this too hard. And stop calling me noona. Soeun or Kae is fine. Go with the flow. You have very smooth moves.", Soeun said as she placed her palm over Kai's heart. Indeed, with Kai putting the whole competition mindset behind, he compliments Soeun's guidance throughout when it was a upbeat saucey music. She leaned on him, glided against him, placing her hands on his neck, face, thighs while he supported her every moves and too caressed her arms, the side of her S body down to her bum. Her breath was so close to his ears that he started to feel the tightening of his pants. And it ended with everyone clapping, standing from their seats. 

"It's ok. That's natural reaction. Calm down. You did great! Thanks for being my partner Kai.", Soeun said as stood in-front of him to cover his obvious embarrassment. And they won. The judges were the crowd. Taeyang's wish was to have a dance with Soeun while Kai's wish was to have Soeun's number. She gracefully agreed but made Kai promised to not give it to anyone & wouldn't mind a meal or two with him. Taeyang was elated when he got a chance with Soeun. Even on heels, she was shorter than him. When she's dancing with him, she puts in all her energy. The two was incredible. Their smiles were nonstop. They were practically enjoying til Rae tore them apart," Okay. Enough Taeyang. And no numbers exchanged! Shoo! (Laughs) Stick by the competition rule."

"Monster! Why don't you coach Jaerim on his moves? This man su*cks big time and he's performing in his next fan meeting. Right Jaerim? Be a man, ask for help dude!", Rae suddenly proposed when they were gathering at the counter. This never crossed Jaerim's mind but Soeun gladly agreed on but saying he'll need to seek approval from his company. After all, there's a coach for him already. It was also this night that they exchanged phone numbers. 

-End of flashback- 

Lee Soo Man got to know that his niece was willing to be the dance coach to Jaerim. He wonders if there's something on between the two. As Soeun's work commitment barely gives her time for other activities & before this, he had been asking her to coach his idols but was rejected. So, why now? He gave the green light anyway. It's beneficial to everyone, especially him. 

"Where did you park? You really look like a dancer in this attire. Please do not be too hard on me coach!", Jaerim said as Soeun walked up towards him in jersey and track pants. "I took the bus. Did you wait long? There's so many patients today! So where's the training room? Let's go!", Soeun replied with a smile. The conversation continued with Jaerim asking her working timing and offering to send and pick her if necessary. While Soeun asked him how's his day was and what are his next projects gonna be. The coaching begins in a awkward situation as jaerim was supposed to learn the song 24hrs. It always ended up with Soeun laughing out madly. 

Their practices carried on as usual. Jaerim would pick Soeun from the hospital & drop her back to her apartment after a meal. There were instances where nurses came up to him and get his signature asking if he's Soeun's bf while some preppy doctor sneered at him for picking her in his bike. That was heard by Soeun and she told them off saying she likes man who rides, especially this man. It boosted Jaerim's ego. What he admired most about Soeun was her dedication in her work. Once he had been waiting longer than usual, a nurse came to him saying Soeun is trying to get a toddler to sleep and that he can find her there. He went and saw the beautiful scene. Soeun was at the children playroom where 5 kids were standing around her seated position. Some pulling her hair, some touching her face, some kissing her while she smiled on. One by one she put them on their mat, patted their head and laid in the middle til she hear their steady breathing. 

"I'm so so so sorry! The kids, I need them to sleep.", Soeun explained when she saw Jaerim at the glass panel outside the room. Jaerim placed his finger on Soeun's lips to hush her. She then held his hands in her & guided him to her office where he could wait as she packs up. Jaerim walked around her office as she asked him to feel free to be at home. He saw a frame on her desk. 4 green eyes and 2 brown pair. It's her family. He saw Rae, Kai and Sojin. Her parents look kind. They have great kids, that's what Jaerim had in mind. 

When they reached SM Building, they bumped into Siwon, Heechul & the other members. It was as if normal to see Soeun & Siwon hug. Jaerim didn't like one bit when Siwon asked her to his place for dinner tonight, using his parents as an excuses who were keen to see her. Yet he was pacified when Soeun mention having dinner date with him already. No doubt, he earned a stare from Siwon and the rest. They hugged again and went seperate ways. "You know he still likes you, right?", Jaerim casually asked. "Yeah, but I've moved on. I like you more than him. So I guess, it's impossible to try again when i know who I'm looking at.", Soeun replied, shocking Jaerim with her frank confession. 

"What did you say? You are one straight forward girl Ms. Kim Soeun! I was hoping to tell you that before you.", Jaerim said. Soeun smiled at him as if knowing how Jaerim feel for her. But what she said next bring silence," We can't be in a r/s. I might leave Korea anytime. I had been in long distance r/s before, it dosent work. So, I'll like you as long as I can. This might be hard on you." Jaerim was speechless. They fancy one another yet they can't be together. "Then what are we? Can we hold hands? No we can't, we are not together. Can we kiss? No we can't. We just continue to date til you leave the country, is that it?", Jaerim asked in a strong tone. 

Soeun could feel his anger. She held his hand and said," I don't want any of us to be hurt. I'm a practical person. My heart for you is only at the beginning stage. I can't promise you anything." Jaerim calmed done a little and continued," So, we are in a open r/s? That you & I can still date other people? I'm not that sort. It's a disappointment to know you see r/s so lightly. It's alright, I'll clear up my feelings for you and let's not see one...." Every word he said pierced Soeun's heart. She stopped him by grabbing his head down and kissed his lips. "It hurts to hear you say that.", Soeun said as she released his lips but Jaerim brought her lips to him again, this time seeking access to with his tongue. 

"I want to taste you more. And I only want you. I'm not into sharing. Let's be together. You never know what the future will bring us right? If things don't work out, we will still be friends. Perhaps by then you might not want to leave Korea because of me? (Laughs)", Jaerim said as they broke apart for air. Soeun agreed and apologized on what she said earlier on her views on r/s. She was pulled into Jaerim's embrace with him saying he'll not let her regret her decision.