The Unexpected Annoyance

Together

"Jinnie!" I exclaimed as I saw Haejin coming on her bike. I waited for her to chain up her bike before I started talking to her. "Geez, I haven't heard from you ever since Gina-unnie came back."

"Yeah, sorry. My parents have been, you know, getting us to do more family bonding. You know how they can get."

I shivered as I remembered that one family bonding trip I went on with them. "Yeah, how could I forget?"

"So, how was your weekend? I heard you went on a date with someone yesterday," she said as she nudged me with her elbow. "Tell me everything. Everything."

I groaned and opened my mouth to start telling her but then I saw the time. "Well, we only have two minutes to get to class and I'm usually on time... So maybe later, kay?"

I was just about to walk away when she tugged on my backpack. "I'll see you at lunch okay, Rinnie?" She had a sickly sweet smile on her face. It was actually pretty creepy.

"Yeah, okay." I waved bye to her and dashed towards my class on the other side of school. I made it right before the bell rang and walked quickly towards my seat before Mr. Jang sauntered in with his yard stick. 

"Before you do your class greetings, we have a new student joining us today. Junhyuk-ah, you can come in now," said Mr. Jang as he motioned for the new student to come in. I sat there with a bored expression, until I realized who the new kid was. 

I screamed in shock and pointed at him after standing up. "Kim Soorin, sit down!" shouted Mr. Jang while he pointed his yard stick at me. Everyone burst into laughter as I quickly sat down. 

"Quiet down!" Mr. Jang started tapping his yard stick on the board. After everyone settled down he told Junhyuk to introduce himself.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Seo Junhyuk. I hope we all get along well," he said before bowing towards the class and then Mr. Jang.

"You can sit in that seat over there," said Mr. Jang as he pointed to the seat in front of me. I raised my hand quickly. "Mr. Jang, this is Marin's seat."

"Well, if you were paying attention you would've known that she moved back to Japan... Three weeks ago." 

"Oh yeah..." I slouched back into my seat. 

"We meet again, Soorin-ssi," said Junhyuk before he sat down. I could already tell it was going to be a bad day.

-

"Soorin, tell me. Tell me. Tell me," said Haejin as she shook me back and forth at the lunch table.  

"Did you know Chanwoo's actually younger than us?"

"What? How do you know? Are you serious?" She stopped shaking me, and looked at me as if I had two heads.

"Yeah, Hanbin told me," I said. Good thing I brought that up, now she won't question me about the date.

"So, you mean to tell me, I've been calling a younger boy 'oppa' this whole time? I think I'm gonna puke."

"Why? I thought you liked him?" I asked before I put a spoonful of rice into my mouth. 

"Yeah, that was before, when I thought he was older," she whined dramatically. "You know I only like older boys."

"Speaking of older boys, isn't that Chinese exchange student just so handsome," she said dreamily. Wow, she moved on faster than I thought she would have.

"Yeah, he's hot," I said, uninterested. 

"Who's hot?" asked Junhyuk who was standing beside me. He sat down next me before I could say anything. "Your boyfriend's not here yet? He was ahead of me in line though."

I rubbed my face with my hands before heaving a sigh. "He is not my boyfriend," I answered through gritted teeth.

"Ahem. Care to explain who your new friend is, Rinnie? And what boyfriend?"

"This guy," I said as I jerked my thumb to Junhyuk. "Is just some weirdo that follows me. And I don't even know who he's talking about."

"Yeah, right. So who was that guy at the am-" I quickly grabbed his chicken and stuffed it into his mouth. 

"What guy? Did he see you on your date yesterday?" asked Haejin as she pointed at Junhyuk.

I shook my head no and pretended to look at the time. "Well, um, we have to get back to class now. We have a project to work on. Come on, Junhyuk-ssi." I tried to pull him up with me, but he wouldn't budge. "Come on, Junhyuk-ssi. You don't want to cause a scene."

"I'm not the one causing a scene," he replied. Then a smirk appeared on his face. "Look, there goes your boyfriend. Who's the girl with him though? They look pretty intimate."

"Oh, where, where, where?" asked Haejin excitedly. 

"Ugh, what do you want from me?" I whined childishly. "Haejin, there's no one, stop looking around."

"Nothing in particular. You just seem fun to tease."

"Hey, since he brought up a boyfriend, tell me about your date," she demanded as she pulled me down next to her. 

"Um..." I was looking around when I noticed Namjoo. I excitedly called her over. "Jin, this is the unnie from my old neighborhood that I was telling you about." I hope this is a good enough distraction. 

"Hello, Soorin's friends," greeted Namjoo with a big smile. "I'm Kim Namjoo."

Haejin looked at me first then to Namjoo. "I'm Choi Haejin," she said happily. Then she turned to glare at me and mouthed that our earlier conversation wasn't over. 

"And who might this be?" asked Namjoo curiously as she looked at Junhyuk and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"He's just this new guy in my class."

"I'm Seo Junhyuk. I'm pleased to make the acquaintance of such a lovely sunbae." I could see Namjoo's cheeks start to flush pink.

"Such a gentleman," she said before one of her friends called her over. "Well, it was nice meeting you guys. See you later." She waved goodbye with both hands while walking backwards before turning to run to her friends. 

"Oh, would you look at that. Lunch is almost over, I'll be getting to class now," I said as I got up. 

"We'll talk after school. Or else," threatened Haejin. Hopefully, the day doesn't go by as fast as it usually does. 

-

Hello my dear readers :)

I'm in a good mood and decided to update(I had free time lol)

Thanks for the upvote Tinker20340!