Instructor(s)

Always With You

-Flashback-

“Sooyeonnie, sweetie-in life we may face ups and downs, but you shouldn’t discourage yourself. Get back up and face the problem.” Mrs. Jung had spoken into the ears of a crying six year old Sooyeon.

“But, Eomma… I-it was s-so h-hard… I-I...”She tried to say between her sobs, but the pain in her knee wasn’t helping.

“JESSICA SOOYEON JUNG! GET YOURSELF UP AND TRY IT AGAIN!” She heard her gymnastics teacher.

“I-I don’t want to do this Eomma. Krystal is better at this than I am. Please, Eomma, let’s go home.”The six year old whispered.

“Sooyeon, you don’t want Appa to be disappointed again, do you?”

 

“Okay, you chickens, enough fooling around! In formation now!”

If this was a dream, then please let it be over now. There she was. That teacher. That woman. The one who always looked down upon her. Her worst nightmare!

Kim Taeyeon! Or as she remembered it, Mrs. Kim

She was the same gymnast that taught Jessica and Krystal almost twelve years ago. Wow, had she not changed. She still looked like she was in her… what? 20’s!

But, hold on a second. What if she recognized her? Oh, that would be terrible. Jessica got the chills, just thinking about it.

But, Jessica was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t even realize that she was the only one that was not in formation.

“YOU! ARE YOU DEAF?” Mrs. Kim spoke again, and oh lawd, when she realized she was the only one left in the empty field with no one around her, is when she started to panic.

“U-Uh, I’m s-sorr-rry, M-Mrs, K-Kim! The very embarrassed teen soon-to-be-adult practically screamed and bowed at the same time.

Jessica could feel Mrs. Kim pounding the grass; coming closer and closer towards her.

“I’ve only ever heard that stutter a couple of times in my life.”

Jessica tensed up; she brought her head back up to her correct level and bulged her eyes out. No, no, no, not now…

“The sound of weakness. I don’t ever want to hear that again, you got that?”

“N-Neh… I-I mean… Uhh… Neh!”

Jessica could hear some snickers from the other girls, and felt her cheeks burning. Great, the first day and already the joke of the crowd. She mentally slapped herself.

“Would you like an invitation, my dear?” Her sarcasm sent shivers down Jessica’s spine.

Before Mrs. Kim could give Jessica another death glare, she ran towards the other girls and lined up behind them. Oh, god… even after all these years. She still scares me.

Mrs. Kim had positioned herself in front of the many trainees. Her eyes wandered from one to another, to the confident ones to the unconfident. To the stylish to the unstylish.

Tsk, what a disappointing crowd. She silently complained.

“Alright, let’s get a few things straight! My name is Kim Taeyeon. You can call me Captain Kim! I am your instructor for the next six months. I won’t go easy on any of you. So, make sure you all are ready for the greatest and most challenging experience you’ll have ever expected!” The short lady yelled, ending with a little smirk-leaving most of the trainees swallowing their saliva down.

“The first exercise we will do is a little race. I and my helpers will record your speed. This will help us determine who is the worthy and unworthy amongst you chickens.”

Mrs. Kim started walking ahead and signalled the others to follow.

Jessica was nervous. Which wasn’t really anything new, but Mrs. Kim was always a terrifying person. She was scared whether this exercise was really exercise or just an opportunity for Mrs. Kim to do what she was best at… Degrading others.

Finally Mrs. Kim along with the rest of the girls made it to their destination; a track field.

“Alright, there are about thirty of you here. Therefore six of you will compete at once. Five rounds of six to determine whose speed beats all.”

“Good luck to you all! The first six trainees will be_________” Mrs. Kim listed six girls from the clip board she was carrying and just like that, those six lined up in their positions. As the rest of the girls stayed back and watched.

When the whistle blew, Jessica was astonished by the speed, determination and that lust for victory in the competitor’s eyes. The feelings were so foreign to her.

 

***

 

Boys; Division C

The boys division were still waiting for their instructor for almost 20 minutes now. They had seen how the other divisions had already gone to do their exercises and were now getting a little impatient.

“Yah, Donghae-ah, can you just sit down. The instructor will come when he comes!” Siwon annoyingly told his best friend.

Donghae looked back at Siwon who was sitting against a tree completely not caring.

“Yah! I wanna train already! Who the hell keeps us waiting this long on the first damn day! I swear whoever that instructor is; I will kick that sorry !”

“Sure. Go ahead. Because, he’s clearly not an experienced soldier or anything like that, y’know?” Siwon spat back.

Donghae just glared back at Siwon, but before he could say anything he heard a soft-gentle and kind voice.

“Hey, all! Sorry to keep you waiting.”

Donghae and Siwon followed the voice and met eyes with a man. He looked about 30, wearing the casual uniform, but what really got the both of them was his goofy smile. The smile stretched from one ear to the other, even causing dimples. Which made him seem, almost cute?

“I’m your instructor; Park Jung Soo, but you can call me Captain Leeteuk. Now everyone quickly, please kindly line up in formation.” The smile never leaving his face.

When Siwon, Donghae and the others got into formation, Leeteuk’s soft smile turned to an evil smirk; but no one seemed to notice… yet.


A/N: Hey, ya'll it's been a while! I've been busy with exams for the past couple of weeks, but thank god I'm done and I promise I'll update more now. Thank you to those who have subscribed and commented. And tell me what you thought of this chapter. Thank you. =D <3