Cinderella Hard at Work

The Maiden's Harmony (Sequel of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

Everyone piled up in the kitchen table as soon as they had all finished bathing. TOP made eggs and bacon so Dae Sung was really happy. Sadly for him, he’d made enough for each person so by the time second rounds came about, Dae Sung had little.

“Meanie,” Dae Sung grumbled.

TOP just gave him a stern look. “Greedy,” he shot back.

“Do you guys have anything on today?” Lia asked, quickly changing the subject, as they cleared the table up after breakfast.

“Erm, I think we have recording, dance practices and vocal lessons,” Tae Yang replied, watching Dae Sung stuff the remaining of his egg and bacon into his mouth. “Yuck, Dae Sung. Don’t you have table manners?”

“Wha? Hmm, this stuff is good!” he said distractedly.

Lia frowned thoughtfully. If the guys are busy, it means she’s stuck home.

TOP glanced at her. “Will you be okay home alone?” he asked worriedly.

She nodded. “I know how to keep myself entertained,” she replied. “I’ll be fine, Oppa. Don’t worry about me.”

“Just be safe, okay?” Seung Ri said. “We don’t want to come home to find you either injured and hurt or kidnapped.”

She nodded. “Okay.”

Big Bang went ahead to take their stuff so they could get going. They kept giving Lia instructions about being careful whenever they pass by her. To lock the door, don’t answer to strangers, don’t let anyone see her if she steps out of the house, to always be on guard with passing footsteps, etc.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” she said wearily for the millionth time.

Seung Ri kissed her cheeks as he made his way out. “Be careful, kay? Take care.”

TOP hugged her. “Mei, don’t wreck the house.” He rushed out of the door.

Tae Yang and Dae Sung both muttered for her to be safe, patting her on the head as they followed TOP and Seung Ri out of the house and down to the stairs.

Ji Yong kissed her before stepping outside. “Be safe, babe. I don’t want my girl getting into any kind of danger.”

“I’ll look after myself,” she promised him. She hugged. “You have fun today. Don’t stress yourself out too much. Just do what you love to do.”

Ji Yong wrapped his arms around her and kissed her fiercely. “Come here, Lia baby,” he cooed.

Giggling, Lia pushed him away and he pouted. “You have to go,” she protested.

“But you told me to do what I love and I love kissing your sweet, beautiful lips,” he replied, lifting her chin up to meet her eyes. His lips grazed over hers gently. “Take care, my jagiya.”

“What’s jagiya?” Lia wanted to know.

“It means sweetie or sweetheart,” he told her, flashing his cute smile before leaving Lia faced with an empty house.

“All right, Lia,” she told herself, “it’s time to start working.” She glanced around and sighed. It’s going to be a long morning.

She headed out to the back balcony, where the dogs were happily munching on the food Tae Yang had left for them to eat. She took the broom and dustpan. She began to sweep the living room, down to the kitchen and to the hall. Then she swept inside all the rooms. By the time she was done, it was already nine-thirty. The boys left half an hour ago.

It was time to mop, which took another half an hour.

After mopping, she washed the toilets. When the toilets were cleaned, she had to drag the ladder in to wipe the fans and windows, dusting off the dust from the bookshelves while she was at it. She wiped the things in the kitchen and living room.

By the time twelve noon came around, she was dirty but the house was clean. She stood at the entrance, hands on hips, feeling rather very satisfied with her work. She showered first before making lunch for herself: rice, fried eggs and luncheon meat.

After lunch, after clearing up everything, she looked around the place. What to do?

“Laundry time,” she said aloud to no one in particular. She was about to make her way to the laundry room when her phone went off. “Hello?”

“How are you?” It was TOP, checking up on her. “Everything is well? You’re safe?”

She nodded even though he wasn’t able to see. “Yeah, how are you guys?”

“We are worrying about you!” someone shouted in the background. It was Seung Ri.

Lia realized she was on loudspeaker. “Hi, guys. How are you feeling? Besides worrying about me, I mean.”

“Tired,” Dae Sung complained. Lia smiled, knowing how he felt after all the chores in the morning. “We had dance practices and vocal lessons this morning.”

“Have you eaten lunch yet?” Ji Yong asked. “You better have.”

“Chillax, yes I have,” she replied. “I ate rice, luncheon meat and fried eggs. Are you guys on your lunch break or something?”

“Yea,” Tae Yang replied. “What did you do when we left?”

She shrugged. “Oh, nothing much, really,” she fibbed. “Just lazed around. I went back to sleep, actually.” She gave a sheepish laugh even though she was lying.

“Sleepy,” Ji Yong said with a laugh. “Go watch something. We do have English shows somewhere.”

“See first.” She checked the time. “I’ll watch it later, maybe. What time would you guys be back?”

“We have recording to do now,” Tae Yang replied, “and then we’ll be done. So we’ll be back around . . . six?”

It was one-thirty now.

“Will you guys be back for dinner, then?” she wanted to know.

“Most definitely,” Dae Sung replied. “It shouldn’t take that long since we’ve practiced the song, know it by heart and the song is usually about three to four minutes. But it depends on whether we sing well. If we don’t like it, we record it again until it’s right.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Anyway, Lia, we’re so sorry but we have to go,” TOP said apologetically. “It’s time for us to go record.”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll see you guys later, then. Bye.”

“We love you!” all five boys chorused.

She giggled as she heard the click sound. She shook her head. Then she turned to do the laundry. She started with Dae Sung’s clothes first. It was a good thing they had separated their clothes into different baskets so it was easy to tell who’s clothes were where and what. She put Dae Sung’s dirty clothes in the washer and went outside to collect the dry clothes.

While waiting for the clothes to be done, she read her storybook. She did the same with the rest of the others’ clothes as well as hers. By the time she was done, it was four-thirty.

Two more hours to kill.

After thinking for about five minutes about what to do, she settled down on her bed with her laptop . She decided to check her Facebook.

Her friends were on so she decided to send them a Facebook chat message to chat. They haven’t chat in so long.

 

LIA: Hey, FS! How are you?

SHERVONNE:Lia! OMG, how are you? How are things in K?

RYLEE:Hey stranger! Miss you! SOS, S&P are driving me crazy! . . . Just kidding! =P

SHERVONNE: Better be.

PAIGE: Lia, wow! Hi, how are you? How are things going over there? Where are the guys?

LIA: They’re off doing their usual thing so I’m stuck at home. Cleaned the entire house. Oh gosh, I’ve never done so much house chores in my entire life! Mom would be pleased. You know how I always try to get out of doing it every Saturday so the boys could do it.

RYLEE: HAHAHAHAHA!!!! to be you

SHERVONNE: Wow, being with them is doing your head in, huh?

LIA: Lol, probably

SHERVONNE: So, any hot gossips?

RYLEE: Oh, kill me.

PAIGE: Sher! You can’t ask that question like that! What if there are things Lia don’t want to tell us about?

LIA: Lol, Paige, it’s ok. Chill. Anyway, hot gossips? Hmmm . . . (:

SHERVONNE: Lia . . .

RYLEE: I sense a secret?

PAIGE: Forget what I said earlier. What is it? Tell us!

LIA: Tell you what? O.o

SHERVONNE: Oiiiii.

LIA: Add the ‘nk’ and it’ll be oiiiiink. (:

RYLEE: Out with it. Now!

LIA: Out with what?

SHERVONNE: Your name is Lia, not Liar.

RYLEE: You so got that from somewhere.

PAIGE: Rylee, don’t change the subject!

RYLEE: What? I’m not! All I’m saying is that Sher so did not think of that herself.

SHERVONNE: Heeellloooo! I’m not a blonde!

LIA: What? o.o what the hell are you guys rambling about? You lost me.

PAIGE: Tell us!

RYLEE: LIA!

SHERVONNE: LIA!

PAIGE: LIA!

LIA: Whoa, talk about at the same time. Ok, ok. Let’s just say I’m in a relationship with the dragon.

SHERVONNE: OMG, FINALLY! IKNEWIT! I KNEWIT!

PAIGE: AAAAHHH!!!! OMG, CONGRATZ

RYLEE: Lol, gratz, Lia.

LIA: Wow, all your reactions. . . . o.o

RYLEE: ikr, mine is so much simpler.

LIA: Pssh, whatever.

SHERVONNE: Bloop.

PAIGE: What bloop?

SHERVONNE: *shrugs* idk, just felt like saying that.

LIA: Noob =P

SHERVONNE: *gasps* ihatechew D: T.T meanie.

RYLEE: Yada, yada, yada

PAIGE: Baboi, baboi

LIA: LOL WTC?

PAIGE: Haven’t you ever watched Despicable Me? That’s how those minions sound like.

RYLEE: It takes one to know, eh, Paige?

SHERVONNE: Whaaaat? O.o

LIA: What? O.O

PAIGE: Huh?

RYLEE: Bleh.

SHERVONNE: Ok, this convo has completely gone crazily weird.

LIA: But that’s the Four Seasons like you know it, right?

RYLEE: Waheee!!!! ^^

PAIGE: Rye, are you drunk?

RYLEE: Yes, no, maybe, DUNNO! XD

LIA: Pop.

RYLEE: Pop, pop.

SHERVONNE: Lollipop!

PAIGE: Sighs, my crazy weird friends. -.-

 

Off screen, Lia burst out laughing as she reread the entire conversation. It was really getting really weird and random.

Eventually she got tired and shut off her computer. She looked at the clock. It was almost five-thirty.

Guess it wouldn’t hurt to get a little shut-eye, she thought as she drifted off to sleep.