Big Surprise

The Maiden's Harmony (Sequel of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

Ohmaigoose, what are you wearing?” Shervonne asked the moment she saw Lia.

“And I thought I had bad fashion sense,” Rylee piped up.

“It’s Ji Oppa’s,” she said defensively.

“Ah, you talked to him this morning, right?” Paige asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, I felt like wearing it so I did. It’s not wrong.”

“Come on, you guys,” Rylee urged. “I want to see who Ms. Payton’s special guests are.”

They hurried to their homeroom class and sat down quietly. The rest of the class trickled in and sat down quietly too. They were all too eager. It was a mystery, Ms. Payton’s special guests. And it was something the class wanted to find out about.

Ms. Payton walked in the room and had to laugh when she saw how well-behaved her usual noisy class was. “Oh, my. Are you all really eager to know who my special guests are?”

“Yes!” the class chorused. Did she really need to ask?!

She chuckled. “Okay.” She turned to the door. “You can come in now. My students are all eagerly waiting for you.”

Ms. Payton’s special guests entered the room. Smiling at the students, was Big Bang.

 

The girls in the class squealed except for the Four Seasons. They boys all gasped in shock, not believing their eyes.

Ms. Payton smiled. “I managed to get the contact of the YG Entertainment’s president, Yang Hyunsuk. He agreed to let them come down to give a little performance for us.”

“But why?”

“I think Big Bang is a good example of how you should strive to reach your dreams,” Ms. Payton explained.

Lia caught Ji Yong’s eyes. He grinned and nodded toward his hoodie, beaming. No wonder he asked her to wear it.

Ms. Payton nodded to Ji Yong, who took over. “So, I’m guessing you all know who we are, right?”

“G-Dragon, we love you!” three girls cried out to him.

He smirked. “Aw, thank you, ladies, but I like someone else. And she might just so happen to be in this room,” he added with twinkling eyes.

Lia blushed as the girls went, “Awww,” feeling dejected.

“Okay, so you know us, and we are here to give a little performance,” Seung Ri spoke up in his best English accent, stepping up. He winked at Lia. “Song request? Uh, one by one, please,” he added hastily as the girls all began screeching out songs for them to sing.

They raised their hands and he called on one. She requested for Haru Haru, which they complied. The next song was Twinkle Twinkle and after that was Goodbye Baby. The last song was Always. The girls squealed ever louder.

After the song ended, Tae Yang said, “I think that is, uh, enough. What we will do now is go around the room and observe how your school is like and maybe occasionally come up to talk to you.”

Ms. Payton nodded. “In the meantime, go on as usual. Later on Big Bang will tell you about themselves and how they strived to be where they are now.”

“Just act like we’re not here,” Tae Yang spoke up, smiling. He knew it was impossible for them to do that. He was right when almost all the girls gave him a disbelief look. It was predictable.

But nevertheless, they managed it well but the members of Big Bang kept coming up to Lia to talk to her.

First it was Tae Yang who came to talk to her. “Hi, there,” he said.

“How on earth did you guys manage to let Ms. Payton contact your CEO?” she asked the moment he sat down next to her. “It can’t be a mere coincident.”

He laughed. “I don’t know, honestly,” he replied. “This was all maknae and Dae Sung’s planning. I had nothing to do with it.”

“Those two?”

He nodded. “It was a surprise for both Ji Yong and hyung. The two youngest ones planned it all so you have to ask them.

Lia was impressed. “Wow, that’s . . . cool,” she remarked.

Tae Yang looked up. “I should go,” he said and he stood up. “I think the other guys want to talk to you.”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later,” she said and he left. She turned to her work.

Seung Ri came to sit next to her a few minutes later. “Hi,” he said with his usually cocky grin.

“How did you and Dae Sung manage —?”

“Ah, Yong Bae hyung told you?”

She nodded and he laughed. “What’s so funny?”

He pretended to zip his lips. “It’s a surprise so I’m not telling you.”

“Oh, come on, Maknae Oppa! You can’t do that!” she protested.

But he just shook his head. “No,” he said. “Just be happy that were are here and leave it, okay?”

Lia pouted and he reached out to pinch her cheeks. “You are so cute! Kawaii ne,” he said, laughing.

“Ow.” She rubbed her cheeks. “That hurts. Why do everyone say I’m cute, anyway? Ji Oppa said I was this morning.”

“We say that because you are cute,” Seung Ri simply replied, his heart tightening at Ji Yong’s name. Unknown to everyone, he was jealous of Ji Yong because he himself have a crush on Lia. He looked at her. “Is that Ji Yong hyung’s hoodie?” he asked.

She nodded, smiling. “Yeah, he told me to wear it,” she explained as she looked up to where Ji Yong was talking to a boy. She gave a little laugh. “Now I know why.”

Seung Ri couldn’t help but wish that it was his hoodie that she was wearing. It just didn’t seem fair. “Oh.” He stood up. “It’s time for someone else to talk to you. I don’t want to hog you all to myself.”

“Yeah, but deep down you know you want to,” she teased.

He smiled grimly at her. He wasn’t about to tell her that she was right: he does want her all to himself. Instead he just patted her on the head and walked over.

“Three . . . two . . . one,” Lia muttered.

As if on cue, Dae Sung came over and took Seung Ri’s empty space. “Annyeong haseyo!” he greeted with the big smile he always wear like a uniform.

She smiled a big smile. “Ah, I miss you, Dae Sung Oppa,” she told him. “I miss that big smile of yours.” It was time to get down to business. “How did you and Maknae Oppa manage to find a way to come?”

“Oh, he didn’t tell?” When she shook her head, he grinned. “Then I won’t tell either.”

“Seriously?” Lia couldn’t believe this! “Aww, come on! You guys are so mean!” she complained.

“You are so cute!” he remarked.

Lia buried her head in her book. “Aaaah!” she cried out in frustration. “Why does everyone keep saying that? I’m not cute!”

“Sure you are,” he shot back, “otherwise we wouldn’t be saying it. Ji Yong hyung told us that it’s one of the many reasons why he likes you so much.”

“Really?” Lia didn’t know what to say. “I never knew that.”

He just rolled his eyes. “He wouldn’t stop talking about you every day,” he told her. “It makes everyone crazy but amazed at the same time. See, hyung is never one for a real relationship but I think it might just so happen with you. That’s why maknae and I decided to do this. So he would stop.”

“How exactly?” Lia asked innocently.

“Nice try,” he replied dryly and her face fell. “I’m still not telling you. It’s a secret.” He grinned.

“Pfft, I hate secrets. My imagination goes overdrive.”

He shrugged, looking around. “Ah, there are a lot of staring eyes, I see.”

“Will people suspect?” Lia asked worriedly.

He shook his head. “I don’t think so. All of us decided it’s safer to go talk to everyone. Although it is catching some people’s attention that we seem to get on well with you,” he added thoughtfully.

She shrugged. “I don’t think that’s much of a problem,” she replied. “I am the only one here who can actually converse in Korean.” She rolled her eyes.

He grinned as he stood up. “But, to be on safe side, I should go to someone else now.”

“All right; talk to you later.”

When he was gone, she said to herself, “Next would be Bingu Oppa.”

Low and behold, it is her brother who was next. “Hi,” TOP said, smiling.

“Bingu Oppa,” she greeted, using her favorite nickname for him. She wanted to hug him but this was not the right place to do so. “How are you? Why didn’t you guys tell me you were coming?”

“I didn’t know until Dae Sung and maknae told us last night,” he replied with a slight chuckle. “All they said was to pack our things because sajangnim decided to give us a holiday. Then we went to the airport and we came here. This morning, they told us we were coming to see you.”

“Then why didn’t Ji Oppa say anything when we talked on the phone this morning?” she wondered. She gave him a pout. “I hate you guys for not telling me. Nyerrrr.”

He ruffled had ruffled her hair. “Didn’t you suspect anything when Ji Yong asked you to wear his hoodie?”

“No!” she exclaimed, shaking her head. “He made an excuse of wanting to at least be reassured that I’m wearing it.”

TOP shook his head in disgust. “Omo, Mei, you are so BLUR!” He thwacked her on the head. “My sister can’t be dumb, arraso?”

Lia grimaced. “At least you didn’t say I’m cute,” she replied. “Ji Oppa, Maknae Oppa and Dae Sung Oppa just called me cute.”

He laughed. “But you are cute,” he said. “I’m serious.”

“Bleh.” She made a face again. “The only one who didn’t call me cute is Bae Oppa.”

“Not yet,” he teased. He smiled and pulled a strand of hair behind her ear. “Mei, you’re cute and adorable, okay?” he told her softly. “That is what you’re like, who you are. Everyone loves that about you. It makes you bubbly and we can’t help but smile.”

She smiled at those words.She was really grateful and lucky to have a brother like him. She hugged him again. “Thanks, oppa,” she said sincerely.

He stood up. “Well, I think it’s time for Ji Yong to talk to you. He’s fidgeting.”

She laughed as TOP hugged her again. She felt safe and sound in his arms.

Almost before TOP had even stood up from his seat, Ji Yong was already sitting on it, smiling at her. “Surprise,” he said.

Lai had to smile at the handsome face of the boy that makes her heart race faster.