Falling More in Love

The Maiden's Harmony (Sequel of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

When the three of them got back to the apartment a few hours later, everything was ready and set up. The food was ready, the bracelets were bought and the perfect date was planned.

Ji Yong looked up from the living room the moment the three of them walked in with the three dogs. Gaho immediately ran up to him and jumped on him.

“Whoa, you’re jumpy today,” he remarked, surprised at Gaho’s sudden change of behavior as the dog his face.

“Lia made him Gaho run enthusiastically,” Seung Ri told him.

“What? Gaho ran? No way! How did that happen?” the others all asked, coming toward them.

Tae Yang hugged Boss while TOP carried Charlie onto his lap. Their dogs were panting hard from the good exercise they got at the park that morning.

Lia smiled. “You boys tell them while I go bathe,” she said.

“How did you manage to do that?” Ji Yong demanded to know, looking at her, not believing that his lazy dog was now active. Lia kissed him lightly and pointed to the guys. Once she was gone, he turned to them.

“Yeah, we want to know how, too,” TOP asked, staring at the puppy that used to be so lazy. “It’s a miracle.”

Dae Sung and Seung Ri sat down and explained to them about what Lia did and how Gaho began to run around and play with the other two dogs.

Ji Yong was still finding it hard to believe it even though he knew it was true. He shook his head and looked at his dog. “Why don’t you listen to me? Why do you listen to people who aren’t your masters?”

Gaho his face.

“Yuck.” He wiped the saliva off. “Gaho, you’re so mean to me.”

His dog lied down on his lap and went to sleep. Ji Yong sighed while everyone laughed at the sight. “I’ve been taking care of you for so long and yet you choose to listen to someone else who you only know for a day,” he said, shaking his head. “What is this?”

“Is everything set up?” Dae Sung asked Ji Yong.

He nodded nervously. “I hope she likes it,” he said, fidgeting in his seat.

“She’ll love it, Ji Yong,” Tae Yang reassured him. “I’ve seen the bracelets you bought for her — I helped choose them, in fact — and I’ve seen the place where you’d set everything up. Show them the bracelets.”

Ji Yong took the bracelets out and they all gasped. It was really beautiful.

“She’ll love it,” Seung Ri declared.

“She’ll love anything that is from you,” Dae Sung said, rolling his eyes. “You’re so ‘cute’ and you’re the ‘sweetest’ boyfriend ever.”

TOP whacked him on the face with a pillow. “Shut up,” he chided. “Don’t ruin this happy moment for Ji Yong. Besides, it’s my sister you’re indirectly insulting at.”

“Bleh.” He poked his tongue out and TOP threatened to cut it off with the scissors.

When Lia emerged from her room, bathed, he pointed a finger at her. “You! You have brainwashed him into a fitter dog!”

“Oh, get over it, Ji Oppa. It’s not my fault he prefers me over you,” she shot back, smiling. “Heck, I probably treat him better than you do.”

“You ah,” Ji Yong said, shaking his head.

She giggled, coming to sit down next to him. “Is lunch ready, oppa?” she asked her brother. “I’m hungry.”

Ji Yong wrapped his arms around her and touched her nose. “You and I are going on a date,” he told her.

“We are? Since when?”

“Since now,” he replied. “I’ve prepared a special lunch and everything just for us.”

“You are so going to fall in love with him even more,” TOP told her.

She turned back to Ji Yong, eyebrows raised with question looks. “Oh, really? Am I going to fall more in love?”

He nodded, kissing her lightly. “Let’s go?”

“All right.”

They walked out to the car and he turned to her before they got in. “Are you ready to fall in love with me even more?”

She giggled, rolling her eyes. “Surprise me,” was all she said.

He took out a blindfold and handed it over to her. “Wear this.”

Lia took it and put it over her eyes. “All right. I’m ready. Drive away.”

“No peeking.” Ji Yong drove to their destination. They chatted about Lia’s school, life and things in general. Finally he pulled the car to a stop. “We’re here.”

Lia began to take her blindfold off but he stopped her. “Wait. Don’t take it out just yet. Wait until I lead you to the spot.”

“Could you at least tell me where we are?” Lia asked mystified.

“Nope. That would spoil the surprise.” He got out of the car and quickly ran to her side to lead her out to the spot. After walking for awhile, Ji Yong steadied her. He went behind her and took the blindfold off.

Lia opened her eyes and gasped. “Ji Oppa, this is beautiful,” she whispered.

They were at Lake Crystal, at the very heart of it. Ji Yong had prepared a picnic for them, filled with mini-sandwiches, sparkling juice, ham, and egg salad with garlic bread. At times like this, Lia was really grateful and really happy that she was dating this guy. He was, without doubt, truly the best boyfriend any girl would ever ask for. He really is Prince Charming. TOP was right; she was falling more in love with Ji Yong.

Ji Yong smiled. He didn’t need Lia to say anything to know that she was awed by this date. That was a good thing. That was the goal he was aiming for. He kissed her and she hugged him.

 

Lia and Ji Yong had finished all the food. All that was left was the sparkling juice.

“How’s the song coming along?” she asked, referring to the song he had recently gotten inspiration to write about.

He shrugged. “It’s actually a lot tougher than I thought it’d be. But nonetheless, it’s great,” he said. “I’m almost done with it. Soon I’ll go record it.”

“That’s good. You’re going to have to sing it to me when you’re done,” she said. “I want to be the first one to hear it!”

He smiled and laughed but it was a fake smile. And the laugh wasn’t the humorous type of laugh. He just laughed because he knew he was supposed to. He frowned, looking thoughtfully at her.

“Why do you look at me like that? Do I have something between my teeth?”

“No, it’s not that.” He held her hand in his hand and smiled and the moment was gone. “It’s nothing important. Don’t worry about it. I just thought . . .”

“What? You just thought what?”

He shook his head again. “Nothing.” And to shut her off from saying anything else, he kissed her.

Lia let herself be lost in the kiss. Her whole body tinkled with happiness as he rested one hand on her waist and the other on her neck. He drew her nearer and she placed her palm on his left cheek, closing her eyes, kissing him back. “Mmm, this is nice,” she murmured to him. “Ji Oppa . . .”

Ji Yong pulled back. “Lia, I have more surprises,” he said.

“Do you want me to close my eyes again?”

“Yes.” When Lia closed her eyes, he took the bracelets out and held it out on his palm. “Open.”

She opened her eyes and saw the bracelets on his hand, gasping a little. She picked one up. “Ohhh, it’s beautiful.”

It was the adjustable type of bracelet, with two charms hanging on: a small book and a microphone.

“The book symbolizes you wanting to be an author,” he explained. “And the microphone is of me being a singer.”

“I love it. And you have one for yourself too!” Lia slipped it on and held it out to admire it. “Thank you.”

“Lia, there’s a meaning behind them,” he said softly.

“What is it?”

He looked deeply into her eyes. “Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked.

Lia was startled that any thoughts in her mind flew out. She was speechless. She stared at him for awhile before breaking into a huge grin. “Yes!” she cried out happily. “Yes, yes, yes!” She threw her arms around him and he fell backwards, laughing.

Ji Yong didn’t say anything. He just kissed her. Lia could feel the intensity of his kiss as she found herself falling backwards on the picnic mat and Ji Yong’s bodyweight on top of her. Ji Yong kissed her neck, giving her time to breathe. His body was pressed against hers as he tried to pull her closer to him.

“Wait, stop,” she quickly said, pushing him off gently. “I’m not ready for this.”

He nodded. “I know. I wasn’t going to do anything, I promise. I just wanted — I needed to feel you close to me.” He smiled softly. “Besides, you’re my girl now so I can kiss you as much as I want to.”

She smiled at him, his cheeks. He was so handsome. It was impossible not to want him. Their eyes locked and they both felt a spark of electricity. Ji Yong leaned down and they kissed again. They rolled over, off the mat on to the grass. They laughed, smiling at one another. They were happy, contended, to be with each other’s company. They were about to kiss again when the sprinklers went off.

Shrieking in sheer delight, they stood up and began running around, getting terribly drenched. Suddenly Ji Yong abruptly stopped in his tracks. He stared at the lake and turned back to Lia who knew what he was thinking about.

Grabbing his hand, they ran towards the lake and jumped into the freezing water, crying out with glee. Laughing, their heads emerged out from the water and they waded to each other. Their laughter died down as they held hands. Ji Yong moved her hair back and cupping her face into his palms, they kissed again.

This was truly an amazing day for the both of them; they couldn’t ask for more. They didn’t need more. This, the beauty of love they shared, it was all they needed at the current moment.

In between kisses, Lia felt Ji Yong smiling. Her heart fluttered as Ji Yong wrapped his strong arms around her and carried her out of the lake. Without breaking his stride, he carried her to the mat and laid her down. Not once did they pull back. They stayed like that, enjoying the sun and each other.