Wake Up, Big Bang!

The Maiden's Harmony (Sequel of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

Ding dong!

Lia opened her eyes to the sound of the doorbell. She rubbed her eyes groggily and turned to check the time. It was seven in the morning.

Who would ring the doorbell so early in the morning?!

She forced herself to get out of her bed and walked out of the room the same time Seung Ri stepped out from his room with his messy hair and sleepy face. She smiled. He actually looked really cute like that. “Good morning.”

“Good morning, Lia. It’s the Wake Up, Big Bang, where people from different news cast would come and wake us up almost every morning and broadcasting it on air,” he explained. “You can go back to sleep.”

She shrugged. “I’m already awake,” she replied, shoving her hands into her pockets. She smiled.

He grinned. “Good. Then you can help me wake the other lazy bums up.” He opened the door. “Annyeong haseyo,” he greeted the people outside the apartment. “Before I let you come in, I should let you know that we have a guest, TOP’s little sister. She is going to help us wake the others up.” He said something else in Korean which Lia didn’t understand. But then he stood aside and the reports came in, holding a video camera.

Lia waved to the camera and Seung Ri led them first to Tae Yang and Dae Sung’s room. Seung Ri went to climb on their bed and flopped down in between of them. “Wake up,” he said.

“Go away,” Dae Sung mumbled.

“Lia, help me here,” Seung Ri pleaded, turning to her. “Go wake Bae hyung while I wake this babo up.”

“Hey,” Dae Sung muttered

Lia bend down to where Tae Yang had buried his face in his pillow. She pinched his cheeks. “Bae Oppa,” she said, beaming. “Wake up! It’s time to start a brand new day. The sun is shining brightly.”

Tae Yang growled softly. “Ah, Lia, you’re not that bad, right?”

Mianhae, oppa, but there’s where you’re wrong.” And she yanked his pillow out from his head and she brought it back down on his head. “Wake up!”

He groaned. “I’m up, I’m up!” He sat up just as the reporters were saying how Lia had managed to wake him up. He sighed.

Seung Ri, meanwhile, was having a hard time waking Dae Sung up. So Tae Yang and Lia decided to help by jumping on him. With many protests, he finally got up.

“Now, it’s time to wake hyung up,” Dae Sung grumbled, his hair all tousled up.

Tae Yang turned to Lia. “Go jump on your brother to give him a head warning. He’s usually the hardest to wake up.”

Lia nodded and ran to her brother’s room. She opened the door. “Oppa! We got visitors,” she called out. “Wake up!” She shook him but he swatted her arms away.

“Tell them to let me sleep some more, Mei. I’m tired,” TOP replied, knowing she meant the people from the news. “Come here.”

She walked over to him. He opened one eye. “You’re not going to disturb your brother, are you?” he asked in his deep voice.

She grinned. “Maybe . . .”

He squinted at her. He sat up and grabbed her hand. Before she could protest, he tugged her hand and she fell forward on top of her brother (on top of TOP, get it?).

“Ah!”

He held her tight and pulled the blankets over their heads. “Let’s sleep,” he said sleepily. “Don’t let them wake Oppa up, okay? Let Oppa sleep and I will reward you.”

“Bribery isn’t going to work, Oppa.” She rolled her eyes just as they heard the door opened.

“Shhh.” TOP’s eyes fluttered close. He pulled her close to him.

“Aish, hyung dragged her down with him, didn’t he?” Lia heard Dae Sung complaining. He pulled the blankets off them and she felt her brother’s grip on her tighten as he buried his face behind her back. It was rather ticklish so she giggled.

“So you’re ticklish, huh?” he said. “That’s giving me an idea.” He began to tickle her.

“Help me please,” she pleaded to the others. “He’s tickling me and I don’t like being tickled!” She squealed as TOP tickled her again.

“Here, let us help.” Tae Yang and Dae Sung struggled to break her free while Seung Ri tickled his feet. TOP kicked him and he fell over on the floor.

“Oof!” he cried, falling off the bed, onto the floor. “Oww, my !” He rubbed the sore bit.

Tae Yang and Dae Sun had successfully freed Lia from TOP’s grip but TOP, however, was still asleep.

“Noise pollution,” Dae Sung declared and dashed out of the room. He returned a minute later with pots and pans in his hand.

They each grabbed their ‘instruments’ and began making loud noises. Tae Yang had taken TOP’s pillow away so he couldn’t cover his head from the noise.

Groaning, he got up and charged at them. Lia and Seung Ri neatly dodged out of his way. Tae Yang had just barely escaped from him. Dae Sung, unfortunately, was caught around the waist and brought down on the floor.

Babo,” TOP said, messing with his hair. “I’m up, now shut up!”

“Okay! Lideo’s turn to wake up,” Dae Sung announced.

“I’m not going in his room first,” Lia spoke up warily.

“I’m making breakfast,” TOP muttered and left the rest to wake Ji Yong up. “Good luck to you guys.”

Seung Ri and Tae Yang prepared their ‘tools’: hairdryer to torture him with and a feather to tickle his nose with.

“Don’t hurt him,” Lia told them.

“Don’t worry; we won’t hurt your precious dragon,” Dae Sung mocked and Lia hit him on the shoulder with the hairdryer. “Watch it, that thing is hard and it hurts,” he pouted as they entered the room.

The room was dark, because his curtains were closed. Lia went over to draw them back, letting the sun to fill the room with its bright ray of light.

Lideo stayed up all night to finish a song written for Lia, is it?” Dae Sung muttered and Lia blushed.

Tae Yang nodded. “I think so.”

Seung Ri poked Lia gently on the side. “It’s going to be your fault if we can’t wake him up,” he teased.

She shrugged and poked him back. “I didn’t tell him to stay up all night finishing the song,” she shot back. “Don’t give false accusation without any real proof.”

“Enough talk, more action,” Tae Yang told the two of them as Seung Ri opened his mouth to protest. “We need to wake this lazy fellow up now.”

“You’re one to talk,” Lia muttered under her breath.

Seung Ri grabbed his pillow before Ji Yong had a chance to cover his head from the light. Tae Yang snatched his blanket away so he had to pull his hoodie over his head and rolled on the bed until he was face down.

Dae Sung lightly blew on his feet with the hairdryer and Tae Yang tickled him with the feather. But all the result they got was getting Ji Yong to stir a bit.

Seung Ri began singing really loudly and the others followed. They clapped and dance but Ji Yong still lay asleep.

“Wake up, you lazy bones,” Dae Sung said, getting a bit annoyed.

Ji Yong was even more annoyed. The leader of Big Bang sat up and the others thought he was getting up. They dropped their weapons. Instead, he took them by surprised by snatching his pillow back from Seung Ri and throwing it at his stomach.

“Ugh, not again,” he groaned, tumbling to the floor. “Aaaahhh, it hurts!”

“And the dragon fights back,” the reporter said to the video camera.

Ji Yong grabbed Dae Sung and locked his arms around his neck, falling back on the floor. Dae Sung screamed, struggling to break free but no avail. Tae Yang quickly backed away so he wouldn’t be tortured. Lia, unluckily, was nearby when Ji Yong finally let go of Dae Sung so she was the next target.

Ji Yong grabbed her and, like TOP, pulled her in, throwing the blanket above their heads. He kissed her gently but quickly. “Don’t go; stay with me,” he growled, crushing her to him and she giggled.

“Ji Oppa, let me go.”

“Never. Now, shhh. Let them give us some privacy, dear.” He placed a finger on her lips.

“We’re never going to be able to wake him up like this,” Tae Yang said, a sign of defeat.

“Yeah,” the others agreed and they walked out to the room, sad, closing the door behind them.

“I’m awake now that I have my baby here with me,” Ji Yong whispered quietly to Lia, who giggled.

“Good morning,” she said, kissing him lightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he pulled her closer. “Is it always like this every time they come?”

He shrugged. “Usually, except with more success in waking me up,” he replied. He yawned tiredly. “It’s just that I was really tired from staying up late last night that’s why I didn’t want to be awoken up this morning.”

“I told you not to stay up so late last night!” she chastised.

He yawned again. He chuckled softly when Lia yawned as well. “I know, but I had to. I got too much inspiration. I had to keep writing or I’ll lose it.”

Lia kissed his fingers and he chuckled again. “Babe, what are you doing?”

“Kissing your fingers,” she replied simply.

He threw her arms away and flung himself on her. He began to kiss her neck, caressing her gently. Lia smiled.

“Ji Oppa . . .”

He kissed her lips. “You’re mine,” he said. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead. He yawned for the third time.

Lia sighed, shaking her head. “You’re still tired. Go sleep.” She yawned. “Aaahh, you’re making me cry!”

He wiped the tears away and rolled off her. He wrapped his arms around her protectively. “Let’s sleep for a few more minutes. You and me, together.”

She nodded, already falling asleep. She felt a sharp pain in her cheeks. “Oww, why’d you pinch me for? I thought you wanted to sleep?”

He laughed. “Sorry, your cheeks are too cute; it’s hard to resist pinching them.” He kissed the sore part and she snuggled close to him.

They were just slumbering off to sleep when the door burst open and the other four members of Big Bang walked in, yelling and screaming.

Ji Yong groaned. “I’d kill them.”

Lia giggled and give him one last kiss before he got up to attack them again, chasing them out of the room. She sat up. Too late to go back to sleep now.

Wake up, Big Bang.