Pantomime Horse

The Chemistry Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2015.02.23, Monday

Jonghyun's POV

 

I've been watching his strange lips chewing themselves for the past two hours. We were driving our way to the city for a meeting. At least that was what he said when he asked me and Changhyun to come around and joined him. I knew from the moment he asked me to turned left and entered the outer ring highway it was about something else. Ahn Daniel isn't the type who goes on a fiery rampage when he's mad. He'll take his time to show us his fury in the most subtle way possible. It was peculiar how I was quite nervous about it. I wasn't afraid of him, in fact I had this cunning curiosity about him that I decided to hunt him down to this organization.

But then I saw him in his most human way couple months back; my first mission to be Jiyong's soldier. He even saved my life. He wasn't an annoying person I thought to be, nor a dumb punk that put other's lives in line. In fact he was a thoughtful leader, he has his own idiosyncratic charm. I have to keep my head clear from flowing feelings of my heart below. But it's hard to give judgement when your head and heart are belong in the same body. At the end of the day, I'll take what it needs to do what I think is right.

"No matter how many times I think about it, it doesn't make any sense...", those strange lips finally blurted words out of it.
It was clear what this driving to nowhere is all about, his failed plan in fake kidnapping Byunghun. The initial plan was, he would lured them both into the warehouse, beat the out of Minsoo, kidnap Byunghun and when Byunghun "learned his lesson", he'll somehow appeared and save him. Voila, Niel is once again Byunghun's savior. That's what he always want to be, a saint that his beloved hyung would always depend on. I even told him that it was stupid from the beginning, but he didn't want to listen. I guess his heart always takes over his head every time he's dealing with Byunghun. What could I say, I was just a soldier under his wing. Inside I was laughing but well, he was all mad now. Changhyun just looked at me through the rear mirror with uncomfortable glance.

"I guess it's an inside job", I sighed.
"Yeah? you're the new kid here, and since you're here, somehow police knows our move", Niel took a grab on my steering wheel and we swerved violently to the side of the road.
I heard Changhyun screamed behind, and while I tried to collect myself from the near accident, Niel took a gun out of his pocket and he cornered me with it. Damn, now I AM nervous.

"Whoa whoa, chill hyung. You think I'm a rat?!", I put my innocent face to buy me life.
"I know a rat when I see one, tell me, where's your parents?", he pushed his gun to my throat. It was weird how a skinny arm like his proved to be strong. Exciting thing, I must say. But I have to keep my calm, otherwise it will end real ugly.
"My parents died when I was a kid, I was in foster home until I was 18", I said.
"I never saw you on the street before", he kept pushing his gun.
"Ask Andy-hyung, I was doing dishes in his poker pub before!", I yelled.
"What poker pub", his eyes pierced into mine.
"THAT poker pub, the one behind Club Bbang in Hongdae, near the jjajangmyeon stall for God sake!. He was about to open one closer to the river but by then I was inside this organization!", I blurted out.

Niel looked at me for awhile and he scoffed, finally released me. He tidied his hair, took a cig and smoked.
"I know Andy-hyung quite well, that poker club near the Han River was a plan in progress. Not everyone knows it", he scratched his forehead with his thumb.
I exhaled in relieve. Thank God he believed me.
"When I found this rat, I'll skinned him myself", Niel hit the dashboard with his bare hand. His veins were all strained and friendliness on his face was once again gone.
"I've told you...", I cleared my throat.
"It was a stupid plan? it wasn't, it was perfect if only those cops didn't barge in, I'll have Byunghun-hyung back and Minsoo was done by now", he smirked and panting at the same time.
"Done by who? What will happen is, Minsoo will get his back off to Busan, gathered some army and BANG. We have a gang war. You know Kwon Jiyong doesn't like gang war, and you're the one to blame. You're by any means are finished", I said.

Niel scoffed and continued his smoking.
"He's r-right, hyung", Changhyun backed me up.
"Shut up!", Niel threw him some news paper.

"I understand you love him, hyung. But~"
" it. that 'love'", he cut me short.
"You love him. But it doesn't do you any good, you see... see yourself in the mirror. You're screwed. To be honest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter