Hit Me

The Chemistry Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2014.12.13, Saturday

Niel's POV

I dusted off the snow that sprinkled my grey tweed suit. Then I put off my coat, lied it next to me. Changhyun cleared his throat and gave me anxious gaze through the rear mirror.
"Hy-hyung", he called me.
"What?", I stared back at him.
"Y-Youngbae-hyung told me earlier that you will supervise Jonghyun today", Changhyun cleared his throat once again.
I rolled my eyes and looked to the outside, I signaled Changhyun to push the gas. I've just attended a tiring meeting and now I had to supervise an associate. I know Youngbae-hyung would ask my opinion, but seriously, member initiation is never my thing. I couldn't care less about taking new blood into our gang. Maybe because I'm not really good at judging people. Yeah, I've misjudged people a lot. Once I liked someone, it would be forever. I checked my watch and it was already 3 PM.

"You will drive me to Jonghyun, then?", I asked Changhyun.
"Yes, hyung... uhm. Jonghyun is a good kid. You're gonna love him", an awkward smile arose from his lips. Weirdly enough, still haunting his cheery face minutes after.
"What can I do... Youngbae-hyung is our boss", I sighed and closed my eyes. I picked my mobile and scrolled through its notification bar.

Byunghun.

There's no notification from him.

He really went over me, didn't he.
How could he survive without me?. Was he on the street now, smoking pot? sniffing cokes? injecting meth?. Did he find his new sugar daddy already?. Was his relationship with Bang Minsoo went smooth? Thinking all those possibilities, I felt the heat creeping through my body and my fist clenched tighter. Three months I didn't see him, and he just popped up out of nowhere a week ago, for what?. I knew clearly that he needed a place, but he didn't bother to ask for it. When I casted him, he just need to beg! That proud smile decorating his snobbish face. None of us want to give in just yet. Sometimes it feels like we hurt to love. It's... tiring.

Changhyun turned his head on me and folded his lips.
"This is the place?", I asked him.
"Yeah", he averted his eyes outside as one bright faced youngster jumped in to our limo, curiously exchanged stare at Changhyun and finally giggled excitedly.
"Niel-hyung", he called me with his big grin.
"What's with that face?", I sneered.
"Today I'm in for initiation", he told me so excitedly. I never see someone so excited about killing another before. Even when me and Byunghun-hyung had to kill in order to get into the gang, we had to tell ourselves to not pissing in our pants.

"I just have, I mean, we just have to rob something. This jewelery store at 501 Street", Jonghyun showed me a map.
"Wait, a robbery? that's in' easy!", I squealed.
"Y-yeah, Youngbae-hyung told me. Ah, well, I was planned to teach someone a lesson but I begged to him not to... so... ", Jonghyun raised his eyebrows unsurely.
"What?!"
"Yeah, hyung, when I was an associate, I just have to beat up this kid from other gang. It was nothing really", Changhyun gulped.
"So it's all changed now?! You know, last time I was with Byunghun-hyung, struggled for a place in this organization, we had to... God. Nevermind", I sighed and opened the window to smoke a cig.
Jonghyun and Changhyun just exchanged glances. Four years ago when it was still Jiyong-hyung's call to decide which of the associates could gain a membership, we should kill someone for our initiation. That's what makes us a man, he said. Youngbae-hyung is too kind to let these kids rob and beat up a low class gang member. Did everything change without me knowing it? It was almost four years ago already. Time flies, new blood will keep coming... am I getting old? Byunghun-hyung, aren't we getting old? Do you still remember our utopia dream back then... we bravely dropped out the school to be a gang member, and stocked up plenty of money... we were so innocent. I still want to build that utopia, and I guess deep down in my heart I still want you to be a part of it...

After about ten minutes of driving the limo, Changhyun showed us the old black Camry.
"We're gonna drive this to robbery?", I laughed hard.
"Yeah... this is the only car I could find, okay", Changhyun protested.
"I'll drive, I'm quite good at driving. You gotta see it", Jonghyun smirked cockily.
I sighed and jumped to the backseat right away. I called my assistant to drive the limo back to my garage.

"Are you sure this is the place?", Changhyun looked at the jewelry store nervously. I adjusted my chair and snatched the picture of the jewelry store from his hand. I looked at it and compared it to the actual store across the street. The pink neon sign definitely gave the approval.
"Yeah, this is the one. Did Youngbae-hyung tell you specifically to rob this very store?", I asked Jonghyun.
Jonghyun nodded and exchanged some glances with Changhyun.
"Go on then, inside", I signaled him.

"You're not coming with me, hyung?", asked Jonghyun with his cheeky grin.
"Yah. Who do you think am I?", I put my gun over his forehead. His face turned sour. He gulped and went outside, putting his balaclava and Changhyun followed behind. I scoffed and lighted up my cig. I didn't know why I'm quite nervous about this. I've been into robbery many times, but this time I felt more responsibility since I had to score someone. At first glance Jonghyun looked like someone we could trust, he looked strong, determined, and there's an aura of danger surround him. Which is cool, but also intimidating. The kind that make you second guess. I've met a lot of people like Jonghyun, most of the time, we gained respect for each other. But well, I'm bad at judging people....

Ten minutes passed. I still sticked my eyes to the Jewelry store, and then a loud bang heard. .
I'll kill them both if they killed someone. I grabbed the steering wheel and drove to the front of the Jewelry store. I put my balaclava and yelled at them; "Get in, you es!!". They put everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter