Heroine

The Chemistry Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2015.02.22, Sunday

Minsoo's POV

"Do you want some eggs?", I asked the tiny kid who was stirring his porridge for the last hour.
He just shook his head and looking all sulky as usual. Sometimes I wonder what is it behind those attitude, I almost always able to read someone but this one is though. He was the one who approached me first in a party back when I had a meeting with fishy lip....

Did I just call him fishy lip? I couldn't help it. I know it's a dangerous stage when I started to nicknamed people. Damn, those lips haunted me again.

Anyway, I know Byunghun is Jiyong's boy toy... WAS Jiyong's boy toy, perhaps. I assumed that it was the reason of why he clung himself to me. But I also know that he and Niel entered Jiyong's gang at the same time. They had some kind of relationship going on. As far as I knew, it wasn't a smooth one, though. Words have it that they fought in every possible occasion. Byunghun always turned himself to his beloved Jiyong-hyung. Now that Jiyong will marry Kiko, he should find another sugar daddy. And it happened to be me.

Whatever the reason is, he has been an obedient kitten these past few weeks. The acts were all great. A rare breed of between-sheets-partner he is. He's a professional. Yeah, I think I would go with that word professional... He said to me that he's well known in Seoul. He has served some important clients. Now the pro needs a place to stay and rest for awhile. As long as he doesn't bore me, I think it was safe to keep him close. But still, I can't get Niel out of my head. I still remember how his warm breath touched my ears when he mocked me about being a meek lamb on the bed... God knows I'm weak to sassy like him.

"Are you sure you don't want some eggs?", I asked him again.
"Nope. I don't like eggs", he answered short.
"Really?"
"Un. I drink milk though", he took the packed milk beside my meal on the table and drank right from it.
I just looked at him and his small hand gripping the big milk package. He still wore his favorite mustard oversized sweater. Weirdly enough, the scent from his body mixed nicely with the overused wool's undertones. It's like the English country houses in the movie, that comforting tea, the fresh mowed lawn in the morning. I always have a great time peeling layers of his clothes as his minty scent crawling through my senses. Is it his toothpaste? his aftershave? his cologne? or it's just his skin?.

"Ouch", he suddenly put back the packed milk on the table. He held his wrist dearly.
"What's wrong? did I do it too harshly last night?", I asked.
"Yeah?! tell me. I've screamed the safe word and still, you pulled me out about the chain you bastard", he scoffed.
"Sorry, I promise I'll be more careful next time", I reasoned.
"I don't want another chain or cuffs, please", he sulked to the ground.
"But they're the highlights", I chuckled.

"You sick control freak~!", he threw the napkin right to my face.
"Hey hey, listen, weren't you agree to use them? didn't I always ask your consent every time?", I unknowingly raised my voice.
He looked around and released a deep blow.
"I don't know. I don't want this s anymore", he walked off the table and opened the veranda for a smoke.

I walked to him slowly and rounded my arms around his waist; "We'll be just more careful next time, okay?", I whispered on his ears.
"Did Jiyong-hyung offer something for you? he better does, because I want more money if you keep demanding some kinks", he tossed my hand away and leaned himself on the railing.
"You tell me, you're his boy toy", I smirked, inspected him for a while.
" you. You know, EVERYONE knows that he'll dumped me in no time. You know he'll marry that frigid Japanese hag. You think why I'm with you in a first place?", he cheekily grinned at me. That sounded sincere at least.

"Why do you run to me, who's practically a stranger? Why not, let's say Niel? You're close with him aren't you?", I asked.
"Niel? are you kidding me?!", he scoffed and his cig deep. "He cares more about his Gucci suits' well being than me... he never want me that's for sure", he sighed. His fingers danced on the railing, I could see unsettling anxiousness in his eyes. This kitten is scared about something, calculating some options that will hurt less.

"Do you love him?", asked me after some silence.
He blew his smoke into the air and looked at me for a long while then a chuckle came after; "Define love. I don't understand that word... as a noun nor verb..."
"It was something that absent from our sleepless nights", I smiled.
"That I understand", he chuckled. "Why can't you love me, though? Am I ugly?", he continued.
"You're not my type but you're alright... ", I said.

"Do you have someone else, like, in Busan... maybe?", he smirked so curiously.
"Naah... but I'm in love"
"May I know who?", his foxy gaze acted like an amateur detective.
"You will know when I finally able to get him here", I said while sticking my eyes on him.
"I bet he's as vanilla as my pasteurized milk. He wouldn't be as skillful as I am", he stated while take another sip to his now started to grow short cig.
"I agree. He's probably such a vanilla. But we can teach him one thing or two", I his cheeks as he dodged away.
"WE? if you can't give me more money for your game then don't wish I will teach him things", he giggled.

"Alright, listen...", I cleared my throat as he put on his full attention at me.
"I have this job but I need you to be in it", I assured him.
"What?", his kitten eyes dilated.
I looked deep into them trying once again to extract anything, but still, that frailty prevented me to. Are these what every man has to suffered? It won't be a foreign idea if one's addicted to him.

"Niel told me about Daesung's cokes that haven't been seized by the police. We could steal it and share the profit. But the thing is, he said, you should lead the way. Because you stole from the same warehouse before"

"Did Jiyong-hyung know about this?"
"Niel said no. Niel said he needed the money to built his own utopia or something, he didn't want a big portion flies to Jiyong. That's why he took me, because I had a squad and the splitting money can be more comfortable", I said.
"Alright... it's an easy job right, just sneaking into the warehouse and took some?", he tried to reassure.
"Yeah yeah, just filled a small pick-up truck", I said.

He threw his cig away and sighed. Then he ruffled his hair, the tiredness became more apparent in his sight. After some lip biting and another round of finger dance in the railing he finally nodded and a simple okay escaped his mouth. As easy as that, in couple days ahead, in the moonless night I drove with him to the warehouse, my boys were guiding ahead, with another tailed me behind. I didn't like the idea of being driven by some associates, so I drove myself.

"Niel will distribute this? that's his only job? tsch, that prick", he scoffed.
"Yeah, but I'll get a lot of share out of this, when I did the calculation it all made sense", I said.
"Really?", he put his feet up on the dashboard and looked outside.
"You know, distributing drugs is the tricky part, he should work under Jiyong's shadow. When his spotlight turned its eye to him, he's finished", I said.
"You'll be finished too... Do you think Niel is some kind of saint?", he chuckled.

I felt my grip on steering wheel tightened. I know deep in my heart this operation was shady. Why would Niel called me for the dirty work? He could do this by himself... and considering his disgust towards me that night... it shouldn't be weird if he hated me. And this operation would be some kind of framing action. But God, I was eager to know what this is all about. If this was indeed a scheme... we will have a good game together, Niel. You know I had bunch of army back in Busan.... it wouldn't be that hard to take you down.

It was 1 AM when we finally reached the remote warehouse. Kang Daesung was indeed such a master in storing drugs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter