too much

Overdose

his love, his love
the only thing I want
is his love
his fatal fantasy
I’m drunk with ecstasy

"Are you okay?"
Hanbin's voice was almost just a whisper when he looked up from the crockery he was placing on the table. The bouquet Danah had asked him to buy earlier sat enthroned at the head of it. His question, of course, was a needless question, you could tell by just one look that Mino was not okay, but still.
"I am." Mino, who placed the cutlery, put him off and smiled.
"But you seem stressed."
"No, really?"
"See, you are."
"Sorry." The elder let out a sigh and tried an apologetically smile.
"It's just that Danah.. Well.. No, it's okay. It just seems that it was easier having a camera around, I don't know."
A grin spread on Hanbin's face, immediately making Mino regret what he said.
"You mean you're missing the camera as an excuse for me to be here?"
Another sigh, this time a deep one.
"Hanbin.."
"It's okay, hyung", the younger boy laughed.
"I'm on your side, don't forget that."
"Yeah, I know. Anyways.. Mom will be home soon. We- oh, wait."
The sound of the door lock caught his attention.
"There she is. Hi, mom."
With a wide smile on his lips, he gave his mother a tight hug after she had walked into the living room. They haven't seen each other for quite a while and Mino was happy to see her again, but there was something in the air. Maybe he was just paranoid thanks to his sister, but he somehow already felt vindicated when his mother hugged Danah, but then just looked at Hanbin, skipping the greeting.
"Oh, is that Hanbin?"
"Yes, mom. Did you already forget him?"
"No, but he looks like he grew a lot!"
"Possible."
"It's been so long that you invited someone. The last time it was Jinwoo, right?"
"Yes."
"He is your hyung, right?"
"Yes."
"But now we have a dongsaeng?"
"Why do you ask? Well, yes. Mom, we-"
"I miss Jinwoo. You should invite him again."
"Mom-"
"And then you make a cake for me again, okay? The last one was so pretty!"
"Mom, please. Is it okay that Hanbin will stay for the night? And we actually made a cake for you, you know."
"Oh, of course! But you will sleep on the floor, right? You have to be a good hyung."
"What?"
"They can share a bed", Danah barged in.
"Danah!"
"Would save space."
"Mom!"
"I'm just kidding. But if you want to-"
"YES, I know. Mom, I'm old enough. I really missed you and I'm happy to see you again, so can we please sit down and eat cake now? Please?"
Something was so wrong here. Why did his mother behave like this? Was everyone crazy today? Mino silently asked for help when he looked at Hanbin, but the younger was busy holding in his laughter. Biting his lower lip, he shrugged his shoulders before he politely bowed when Mino's mother finally greeted him and shook his hand. After that, everyone sat down on the table.
The conversations revolved around the typical topics. Their work, their everyday life, the other members; less around their relationship - and Mino already was prepared for something like that. After the conversation with Danah in the kitchen and his mom's weird behavior, he was anticipating the worst. But they just asked normal questions, showed a lot of interest in Hanbin's stories about his predebut life, and everything seemed okay again. So what was the catch?
"Thank you for the cake, it was really good!"
"You're welcome, mom."
His mother shot a beaming smile at Mino before she got up, followed by her daughter, also nodding at Hanbin who shortly bowed as response.
"We will take a little walk outside to get some fresh air", she said and grabbed Danah's arm.
"Mino, please get Hanbin a blanket before you go to bed. I wish you kids a good night!"
Great how she insisted that they didn't want to join in for the walk to spend the rest of the evening in Mino's room. The rapper slugged down what he was about to say and just wished them fun and whatever you wish someone who wants to take a walk, and followed their moves with sharp eyes as they left the table behind to disappear in the direction of the door.
It still felt like something was wrong, but he couldn't hear what they were talking after they went into a huddle.
"Did I do well? Did he buy it?", his mother whispered to Danah.
"Yes, mother. You should become an actress!"