just saying

Overdose

I drew you in closer with all I had
now I can’t turn it back
this is clearly a dangerous addiction
so bad, no one to stop him

 

"He's cute."
"Who?"
"Hanbin."
Mino shot a glance at his sister, but didn't reply. Danah's lips showed a smile while she watched her brother draping the next strawberry on the cake in front of him.
"He's shy in a really cute way. Are you sure it's the Kim Hanbin I saw on TV?"
"He's a polite kid."
"So shy is polite?"
"You know what I mean. He knows respect . Of course he doesn't act like he's at home here when it's actually his first time visiting."
"Yeah, I'm still surprised that you asked him over. The last time you brought one of your friends was when Jinwoo visited us, and that was for TV."
No answer. Danah leaned over a little to look at Mino's face.
"So what's the reason?"
"I thought he could need some distraction."
"Oh yes, when you're around him, I'm sure he'll be distracted a lot."
"Danah-"
"I heard he's been single for 19 years now?"
"Could you please give me the cream?"
A small attempt to change the subject, but his sister ignored his question completely and didn't even move an inch when Mino tried to get the cream himself.
"To be honest, I feel like it's your mission to change that. I mean, of course I follow everything you guys do and I'm a girl so I have that sixth sense, you know. I see what's going on", she continued mercilessly, giving her brother a serious look.
"Do you even know that this 'kid' likes you a lot-"  
"SOOOOOOOO, the cake is ready!"
Exaggeratedly happy Mino cutted in all of a sudden, being all satisfied, not really because of the cake but because his sister really stopped talking for a second; she only eyed him suspiciously.
"Why are you so distant?", Danah then asked pouting.
"Usually you're not like this."
"I just don't know why you're focusing so much on Hanbin. He's here because we're good friends, okay. We went through many hardships together and survived them; he's a good rapper and I love working with him, that's all."
The silence that spread between them had Mino thinking he won the battle. A pleased look was about to appear on his face, right when his younger sister found her voice again. She was closing in for the kill.
"Well, I thought it's you and Jinwoo though."
Close to chocking on the air he inhaled, Mino stared at the girl unbelievingly. An a little too amused laugh left her lips while she patted his shoulder, covering with her other hand.
"It's okay, oppa, it's okay."
"What is wrong with you?!"
"Nothing, I'm sorry. But well, I was just saying."
It was more than obvious that this was a lie, but he had no chance to hit back because Hanbin walked into the kitchen, interrupting both of them. His hands held a huge bouquet of flowers that almost hid his face behind them.
"This was the biggest one I could get", he looked down on the roses and then at Danah, who literally flew across the kitchen, walking up to him immediately.
"It's beautiful! Mother will love it!"
Mino breathed out heavily.
"Give it to me, I will arrange it prettily on the table. We finished the cake by the way."
With these words, she grabbed the bouquet and left the kitchen, overhearing her brother's mumbled "I finished it".
When she was gone, Mino dropped his gaze and closed his eyes for a moment, trying to forget his sister's - actually not that - senseless talk.
She rarely acted like this, really, she usually was the well-behaving, cute little sister everyone wished for. But today, everything was a little different. Just because he couldn't fool her. Hanbin actually seemed a little irritated by the mood, but after he shot a last glance at the kitchen door, he stood right beside Mino, checking out the cake. His hands behind his back, he raised his eyebrows in an impressed manner, nodding approvingly.
"This one looks better than the one you made with Jinwoo."
Was he being serious? Mino slowly lifted his head just to stare at Hanbin. The younger shrugged his shoulders for a second, giving him an innocent look.
"Just saying."
Yes, just saying. It seemed that today everyone was 'just saying' things.