get close

Overdose

someone call the doctor, hold me and tell me
love is a sickness, an addiction, overdose

 

"Who are you writing with? Bobby?"
In his hands the blanket his mother told him to get for Hanbin, Mino walked back into his room where the younger boy was sitting on his bed in a comfortable position, staring at his mobile phone while busily typing something in.  
After they had cleared the table and washed the dishes, they had watched TV for a while, talking about this and that, smalltalk style. Of course there was no reason for the situation to feel awkward, but Mino couldn't help it. It was weird, somehow, but maybe he just wasn't used to having Hanbin for himself anymore. The last time they had been alone like this was months ago. And now suddenly, there was no WINNER, no iKON, no managers, stylists, whoever. And since his mother and sister seemed to take a walk around entire South Korea, they really were alone. That, actually, was a reality that hit him hard. Mino didn't know how to handle it.
Not looking up, Hanbin shook his head as he answered the question. "Danah."
"What? Why are you writing with my sister? When did you even exchange numbers?!"
"Why not? You're on good terms with my sister too."
"Your sister is 6!"
"So what? Sister is sister."
"And what are you talking about?"
"Why?"
"Tell me."
"Do you wanna know if we're talking about you?"
"Yes."
"Why would we?"
"Because we were Danah's only topic today."
"And?"
"She's my sister!"
"Are you afraid she could tell me things about you?"
"Actually yes."
"Are you afraid she could embarrass you?"
"More than she did today? Totally."
"Is my opinion on you that important to you?"
Mino opened his mouth but didn't make a sound, he just closed it again like a fish under water. Hanbin smirked, then bit his lip, before the blanket the elder suddenly threw at him hit him.
"Are you plotting against me? What's wrong with this day?!"
Gritting his teeth for a second, Mino grabbed said blanket again to pull it close to his chest, judging the laughing boy with a black look. But it wasn't long until he joined in the laughter. It was a great relief, actually. He knew that he should just enjoy the time he had with Hanbin instead of focusing on possible conspiracies. What was he - a rapper or a secret agent?
"It's been a while", Hanbin said after he had managed to stop laughing. Only a wide smile was left on his lips.
"True", Mino responded and sat down in front of the bed, the blanket placed in his lap.
"There wasn't much time for this lately. I'm glad that I took this chance and asked you over."
"Though your mother would obviously love to see Jinwoo again."
"Well, she likes Jinwoo because she thinks it's funny that he can get lost in a subway station for hours, or that he can't even find the way from his bedroom to the bathroom."
Hanbin cracked up with laughter. "Is it really that serious?"
"You have no idea."
Again both of them shared a laugh and finally it felt like the awkwardness was gone. It seemed to disappear the longer the laughter shook their bodies in joy and turned their cheeks red, cutting their breath short so that they had to inhale the air as if they had just come up to the surface after a long dive. It felt so good, honestly, and Mino enjoyed the shortness of breath, as much as he enjoyed seeing Hanbin like this. The boy hadn't been this relaxed for weeks, it was a relief to see him laughing contagiously. Maybe that was the reason why Mino couldn't take his eyes off the younger. He watched him with a smile on his lips which grew wider and wider each second. But soon it wasn't just the contagious laugh and smile of Hanbin that got his attention. It felt like he looked at him for the first time all of a sudden, noticing all the beautiful features in the younger boy's face. Realizing once again how handsome he was, how pretty, how breathtaking. How much he loved hearing his voice and how his lips were moving when they formed a smile. How his eyes seemed to shine brightly when he looked at him, just like now. He loved how this boy was able to make him feel safe and just like he was right where he was meant to be. Hanbin had the power to do that, and he had the power to flood Mino's body with such a warm feeling. He had the power to make his heart skip more than just one beat, making him feel comfortably numb. And on top of that - and this was probably not what he should feel -, he had the power to excite him. Because everything about Hanbin was exciting, no matter how often the elder had tried to deny or ignore it. His whole existence was a goddamn excitement and right at this moment, the realization hit him like a truck.
"You okay?"
Hanbin's voice interrupted his thoughts, still Mino was stuck in them. His eyes met the younger boy's, and suddenly the warm feeling inside of him turned into a restless one. He could clearly hear the beating of his heart, he could feel how it was crashing against his ribs. The blood in his veins was rushing through them like tidal waves, and the restless feeling now turned into a nervous one.
"Hyung?"
Hanbin sounded surprised as Mino suddenly got up, but he was even more surprised when he felt his body falling onto the mattress. It took him a second to realize what was going on, but when he did, it was already too late. Mino pinned him down with his own body, not thinking about what he was doing. And yes, he should have taken the time to do so, maybe then he had realized that this was not what he was supposed to do. That this could destroy everything they had now. But his mind went blank completely the moment he leaned down to kiss Hanbin.