Chapter 15 - Cannot -

The Healer♥

 

       

 

Chapter 15

- Cannot -

 

    Today was Tuesday which mean I had to work. It was almost five o’clock, I would finish today’s shift soon! There were not many people today also. Me and Jaeson got closer after three weeks work. 

    Our shop was getting ready for Christmas. We decorated the shop with christmas tree and socks and stuffs. The atmosphere was really good. It reminded me the time when I was here in Korea with my family. Talking about Christmas, My family would visit me here. I was so happy and my friends; Kirimi and Jane would come here on New Year. 

    As I was daydreaming of what I should do on Christmas and New Year, I did not notice that there was a customer in front of me until I heard utter aham. 

    “Oh I am really sorry.” I bowed and then I looked up…

    “Oppa! What are you doing here? What if there is someone recognise you.” I whispered. I was surprised to see this customer, really surprised.

    “Then that means I’m famous enough to be noticed.” Jaebum-oppa said and winked at me. He was wearing glasses, snapback, and hoodie. Do you think no one would remember you like this? In a broad day light like this?

    “This is not funny.” But I could manage to keep calm.

    “I am the representative of the team. I came to visit you and see how you are doing with your job.” He smiled.

    “Then what is your order?” 

    “Ahhh~ Large. Iced Americano.”

    “Anything else?”

    He shook his head.

    “Then it will be 4000 won.”

    “Here.” 

    He gave me the money. After that he walked to sit in the quiet corner.

    “You know him?” Jaeson asked me.

    “Yeah. He is someone I know when I first came here.” I kept looking at him.

    “I think I saw him before.”

    “No, you didn’t. How can you know him.”

    “Well, you’re right. Maybe he just look similar to someone I know.” He shrugged and walked to take the order. I sighed lightly as I was making the drink.

    “Here is your drink. Please enjoy.” I placed the glass on the table and was about to leave, but he caught my wrist.

    “Aren’t you too cold to me? Can you act like this to the customers? At least, smile.”

    I flashed a smile then I tried to walk away, but he still didn’t let me go.

    “Oppa, let go of your hand please.” I looked at him.

    “You were avoiding me.” And he ignored it.

    “I was not.”

    “You were.”

    “I was not.”

    “You are now.”

    “I am not.”

    “Then what are you doing?”

    “I am working to earn money just like you do.”

    Before Jaebum-oppa could say anything more, Jaeson walked to us.

    “Is anything alright?” He asked and looked at Jaebum-oppa’s hand which was holding my wrist. I shook it off slowly.

    “Yeah. We are just talking.” I told him.

    “Okay… Then I’ll be back at the counter. If you need anything, you can call me.” He told me and walked away.

    “What is it with him?” Jaebum-oppa mumbled.

    “What is it with you, oppa? What if you get into troubles?” 

    “You worried?” Jaebum-oppa tilted his head.

    “Of course, I do! Well, yeah…” I looked other way.

    Jaebum-oppa smirked for a sec. I could still see it.

    “I am worried about you too. You don’t talk to me much, but you talk to the others. It bugs me and it bugs me even more when I see who your co-worker is.” He glanced at Jaeson over the counter and looked at me.

    “He is not scary. You can trust him.”

    “Oh. Really?” He lifted his eye brow.

    “Yes.”

    “And oppa, right now I am working. I cannot talk to you right now. I am busy. The manager might fire me.” I told him off.

    “Then meet me after work. Your shift is over at 6, right? We gotta talk. I’ll wait here. I’ll be watching.” He pointed his two fingers to his eyes and then pointed them at me.

    “Okay. I got it.”

    I walked back to the counter. Jaeson was staring at me.

    “Is there something wrong with me?” I asked.

    “Who is that guy actually?”

    “He is a friend… an older friend.”

    “Really?”

    “Yes. He is a friend just like you.”

    “Ahh~” Jaeson nodded his head.

    “He does look familiar though. I think I saw him somewhere.” 

    “I told you it must be your imagination.” 

    “Yeah, it might be.”

    “It is.” I told him and took order from the new customer.

    

    I was done with my work and as soon as I changed and came out, Jaebum-oppa approached me.

    “Are you ready to go?” 

    “Yeah. Jaeson-ah I gotta go now. Bye.” I turned to wave and say good bye to Jaeson.

    “Bye. Take care. See you later.”

    “You too. See you later.”

    Jaebum-oppa was staring at Jaeson, so I had to drag him out.

    “Let’s go. What are you doing?”

    We were out of the shop right now. There were lots of people on the street since it was evening. People got off from work.

    “Listen! It is our song!” He said as we walked pass the store that the confess song.

    “Oppa! Don’t say it out loud!”

    “Do you like the song?” He kept asking.

    “Yes, I do. It is really good.” I answered.

    “Please be more sincere.”

    “I do like it. Satisfied? Jaebum-oppa?” I told him with a smile.

    “I am satisfied.” He smiled back and I got to look away.

 

    “So he is someone I know…” Jaeson who was following them since he wanted to know who Jaebum was said to himself.

    No… Not just me but many people know him. Many people are his fans…

    “Jaebum… JB…”

    GOT7…

    Ahhhh~ What a big obstacle. He is sure a scary love rival… Wait.. Is he my love rival? Does he like her… More important, does Eunbi like him?

 

    “Oppa What do you want to talk?” I asked him as we sat on the bench in the quiet park. He didn’t answer me and kept quiet.

    “Why are you being like this?” Suddenly he blurted out.

    “What? What are you talking about?” I acted as if I did not know even though I knew what he was inferring to.

    “I know you are avoiding me. Why? What did I do? Did I make something that offended you? Why didn’t you tell me? Just tell me what it is.” He staring at me tensely. He looked… a bit sad.

    “I… You did nothing wrong. I am not angry with you, Oppa. I am the one who acted stupidly.” I stated not looking at him.

    “Then why you acted differently?”

    “I just had something I had to think about. It was me. It wasn’t because of you. I am sorry that I made you worried ‘bout the thing that I messed up by myself. I’m sorry.” I lowed my head then I felt a hand on my head.

    “If you don’t want to tell me then it’s okay. I won’t force you to tell me. Just don’t act like this again, Okay?” He put his hand around my shoulder and hold me closer. My eyes got wilder in shock. I turned to look at him and then saw him smiled lucidly at me. I just couldn’t say anything.

    “Answer me! You won’t distance yourself from me without telling me again, will you?” He repeated.

    “Yeah…Yeah… I will not.”

    "Good job." He ruffled my hair.

    “Let’s go.” He stood up.

    “Go where?”

    “The members are waiting for you at the restaurant. Tonight, we had late practice and they want to meet you too.”

    “Alright, I’ll go.”

    He turned his back and started to walk. I looked at his back as I followed him.

    "By the way, the coffee you made. It tasted good." He told me and showed me his signature smile. His eyes got smaller. 

    "Thank you." I said and turned my head away. 

 

    

 

    I didn’t want to confirm to myself why he acted like this. I would not be too proud of myself. I would not muddle anything useless unless He told me himself. I had made up my mind. If I will fall again, then I will. If I will get hurt again, then let it be. Whatever. I don’t care anymore. I just cannot resist those eyes and smile anymore.

Well, I cannot resist this guy anyway. ImJaebum.

 


Thank you :)