Gaho

When the Camera Stops Filming

 

The pretty lady knelt down, patting her leg, "Gaho, come on Gaho. Come to Bommie."  She looks like a nice lady, her smile was funny and she was happy looking just like my Daddy.  I took a few steps towards her, cautiously looking out for any danger.

“Nooo~ Gaho, come to Daddy.  Over here good boy, come to me.” I turned my head to look for the familiar voice.  There at the other side of the room was Daddy.  Now I was torn.  Do I go to the pretty lady, or do I go to my daddy?  Stuck in the middle between the two, the difficult situation made me confused.  Annoyed with the both of them I decided that sitting down for the time being would be best.  Apparently, the two of them decided otherwise.

“No! Don’t sit Gaho, come to me,” they both urged at the same time.  Looking again at Daddy’s smiling face I was tempted to just run to his open arms, but then something caught my attention over at the pretty lady’s side.  Even before seeing it, I could smell what it was.  The lady pulled out my favorite bone from her giant bag.  Waving it at me, she beckoned me to her with the bone.

“Gaho-baby, be a good boy and come to Bommie.  I will love you lots and lots,” smiling so sweetly, I couldn’t resist and dashed to her side.

“YAH! Park Bom-yang that is cheating,” I heard my dad exclaimed somewhere in the back of my mind as I snuggled against the lady’s leg, happily gnawling on the fresh bone.

Bom looks up at Jiyong, giggling at his shocked face as he made his way over to her.  “As I recall, the exact words to your bet was ‘Whoever can get Gaho to come to them first, wins.’ You never said it was against the rules to bribe him.”

Jiyong knelt down beside Bom, rubbing the back of Gaho’s head.  “Look at you all happy over a bone, you little traitor,” Jiyong said playfully, as he looked at his puppy.  Gaho spared him a quick glance and then returned his attention back to his bone, ignoring his owner.

“Ah!  He’s just too cute, Jiyong.  I love him already, and it looks like he loves me too!  It just can’t be helped, I am just too loveable,” Bom jokes.  Jiyong reached over and pinched Bom cheeks lightly.

“You’re right.  You’re just too loveable, just like Gaho here.”  Bom blushed at Jiyong’s words; his eyes were looking at her tenderly.

“Th…The bet.  You said you were going to give me a reward if I win the bet.  What was it?  Is it corn?” Bom asked not being able to hide her nervousness due to her close proximity to him.  He chuckled at her mention of corn, “Yeps, you and Gaho are exactly alike.  Easily won over by food.  Close your eyes, Bommie-ah and I’ll give it to you.”

Bom threw him a curious look, but did as she was told.  She closed her eyes in wait of her reward.  Jiyong smirked at her innocence, leaning over he wrapped his arms around her drawing her in for a kiss.  Bom body tensed up in surprise, but then she relaxes and kisses his back.  Forgetting themselves, the two spent their time getting to know each other’s touch and taste.  As Jiyong’s hands went running down Bom’s back, a bark interrupted them.  Pulling back from her lips, Jiyong looks down at his puppy.

“What’s wrong Gaho?  Don’t be jealous, she’s mine first you know,” he teased as he gave Bom a quick peck.  Bom blushed, slapping Jiyong’s chest playfully in embarrassment.

“Yah… what are you doing, Jiyong?”

“Giving you your reward of course.  What can I say?  I guess its ‘like father, like son,’ we just can’t help but love you,” Jiyong explained.  He pulled Bom in again, kissing the sigh that escaped her pouty lips.

I look up at Daddy and then over at the lady.  I guess I should stop calling her the pretty lady since she seems close to him.  I tried to recall what Daddy called her, too hard.  Then I remembered she called herself ‘Bommie.’  Perfect!  I know the perfect name for her.  I’ll call her ‘Mommy’ from now on.  Now I have both a Daddy, and a Mommy.  Content with that decision, I fell asleep unaware of the two happy ‘parents’ who were busy getting to know each more.