Rollerskating

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Rollerskating

 

 

Doojoon was looking outside the window, nothing particular in mind when suddenly Junhyung's head popped up behind his chair.

 



"You and Yoseob seem... closer"

 



It was the end of their trip and they were back in the bus on the way to their school again. This time Hyunseung and Junhyung sat behind him and Yoseob, where Doojoon thought the two couldn't bother him much.

 



Apparently he was proven wrong.

 



Doojoon didn't spare a glance at the other, keeping his eyes glued outside. "What makes you say that?"

 



Another voice came up, and so did another head. Hyunseung popped up beside Junhyung, smiling as he gestured down to Doojoon. "Ey just look at you two" he said.

 



Doojoon blinked, looking at the boy beside him. Yoseob was sleeping soundly, mouth opened slightly.

 

But that wasn't what amazed the two of them. What amazed Junhyung and Hyunseung was that he had his head resting on Doojoon's shoulder, but what was even more amazing yet was that Doojoon did not seem to have any problems towards it.

 



Doojoon eyed the two behind him. "So..?"

 



Junhyung gave him an incredulous look. "What do you mean 'so'?! Last time I recalled, you'd never let someone get that close you let alone let them sleep on you. You'd just push them off whenever someone attempted to do what Yoseob is doing now"

 



Doojoon rolled his eyes, thinking that the two of them were being over reactive. "He's just tired. Let him sleep, he didn't get enough sleep last night."

 



Hyunseung's mouth twitched up in a devious smirk. "And judging by the eye bags you have, it looks like you didn't get any sleep either. Did something happen while everyone else is asleep?"

 



"Since when have you been so observant. And no, nothing happened, especially not what ever it is that's in your mind"

 



The two of them laughed and if it weren't for Yoseob sleeping so peacefully on his shoulder Doojoon would have attacked the both of them by now. Instead he sighed exaggeratedly, and chose to ignore them the rest of the trip back.

 



Beside him Yoseob suddenly shifted to get a more comfortable position and Doojoon complied, scooting a bit to get Yoseob to lean on him more.

 



The ride continued in silence with Yoseob leaning against him. Doojoon closed his eyes, feeling Yoseob's body against his. Doojoon inhaled and he smelt a scent that was distinctively Yoseob's. It wasn't sweat, or a brand of cologne... It was just 'Yoseob'. Yoseob's body felt so warm, so comfortable against his and before he knew it, he too was starting to drift off into dreamland. His eyes slowly went to a close –
 

 


"If I did that to you would you push me off?"

 



Damn it.

 



Doojoon scowled. "I'd push you right now actually, unless if you could be quiet for once"

 



"But would you let us sleep on your shoulder?" Hyunseung pressed on, ignoring Doojoon's verbal threat. Doojoon had to stop himself from letting out a loud noise of frustration – it could disturb Yoseob.
 

 


"Well why don't you have a go" Doojoon prompted, "and see what happens to you?"
 

 


Hyunseung thought for a while before he chuckled. "No thank you. I think I would still like to live for a little while longer"
 

 


Doojoon rolled his eyes.
 

 


"Well that just proves it doesn't it?" Junhyung suddenly piped up.
 

 


Doojoon's brows knotted. "What proves what?"

 



"You two are definitely closer than you we're before. I mean, there's no one else who would find the guts and the courage to sleep on your shoulder except Yoseob"

 



---
 

 


Doojoon shifted in his seat uncomfortably, feeling the pair of eyes still glued on to him. He took a deep breath, flipping through his notebook to look like as if he was doing something else. He skimmed over the words on the notebook, trying to act like he was deeply concentrated on it but even till then he could still sense the other's gaze on him.
 

 


Suddenly the other let out a chuckle and that was the one that did it for Doojoon.
 

 


Doojoon slammed his notebook shut as he sounded out his frustration. He glared up at Yoseob who responded with a smile. "Yes Doojoon?"
 

 


"Yoseob, aren't you supposed to be working on something?"
 

 


"I'be translated all my parts already. I had it checked too so I'm all done" Yoseob raised his own notebook, accomplished smile on his face. Doojoon narrowed his eyes at the other's notebook. He sighed, opening his own once again. "Alright. Then don't bother me"
 

 


Yoseob raised his brow. "But I was not bothering you in the first place"
 

 


Doojoon closed his eyes as he brought one hand up to run a hand through his hair in slight annoyance. "You we're staring, Yoseob"
 

 


"Oh. Did it bother you?"
 

 


"Yes"
 

 


"I'm sorry. I was just wondering about something"
 

 


Doojoon did not bother to reply, instead he attempted to get back to his job of translating his half of the story. But then he felt Yoseob's eyes still lingering on him, which practically gave him no other choice. He leaned back on his chair, trying not to frown as he looked at Yoseob, letting out a sound of exasperation. "Fine. Wondering about what?"
 

 


Yoseob flashed him a satisfied grin, leaning forward on the table. "Well, I was thinking of how to thank you for last time during the trip"
 

 


"I told you, you don't need to do anything. Everything's fine" Doojoon switched his concentration back to the notebook in front of him, focusing on reading the lines written.
 

 


"No it's not. It is only right for me to repay you after all you did. That way we can call it even"
 

 


"I thought we were even after I answered all your questions"
 

 


"That was a different thing." Yoseob whined. Yoseob pouted, seeing that Doojoon has again diverted his attention back to the piece of material. He pushed Doojoon's notebook away hastily, ignoring the look of protest and annoyance from the other.
 

 


"Do you want me to treat you to a meal?"
 

 


"No"
 

 


"Ok. Then how about I buy you something?"
 

 


"Don't need anything"

 



"Well do you want anything?"

 



"Don't want anything either"

 



"How about I buy you some food?"

 



"You already said that. No"

 



"Yaahhhh Yoon Doojoon" Yoseob grumbled, "Can't you be a little more cooperative?"

 



"You're the one who should be a 'little more cooperative'" Doojoon retorted. "Stop being so persistent all the time"
 

 


When Yoseob did not answer, Doojoon assumed that he had won the conversation. He smiled in amusement when he saw Yoseob deep in concentration – probably thinking up of a good comeback to tell him.

 



Suddenly Yoseob stood up so fast that Doojoon yelped in surprise, moving his seat back in the process. Yoseob placed both his palms on the table. "I got it!" He said, a look of determination flashing across his face. He looked at Doojoon. "Doojoonah hurry up and fix your things"

 



Doojoon raised a brow in confusion. "Why? Aren't we working on translat–"

 



"We can finish that any time. Now hurry up, we're going somewhere"

 



And as Yoseob led the way to wherever they were going on one of his precious weekends, he did not know whether the feeling he was getting now was the feeling of excitement or nervousness.

 



---
 

 


Doojoon had no idea where Yoseob was taking them to, and when Yoseob led the way into a less populated and somewhat unknown part of the city – how does Yoseob even know these places – Doojoon won't deny that he did feel unease creep up him. It kind of reminded him of the time Yoseob first showed him the cafe where they now usually spend time together – he was extremely doubtful but in the end he has to admit that he has grown a liking to the small cafe run by Gina.

 



So with that in his mind, it brought a little peace to his thoughts on where Yoseob was taking them to this time.

 



The amount of turns they took at every sidewalk was too much for Doojoon to remember how they got here and where they even were, and it was amazing how Yoseob knew this place considering how far it was from the buy parts of the city. When they did finally arrive he expected Yoseob to bring him to probably another cafe or a restaurant where Yoseob would treat him to a meal – Doojoon said no but he had to admit that he liked the idea of a free meal. But he did not expect at all to be facing this.

 



"Yoseob" Doojoon started, unease coming to his voice. "Why?"

 



"Why not? It's gonna be fun and we can call it even now so it's a win win" Yoseob replied happily as he tied his shoelaces neatly and tightly.

 



There were in a park, where different pathways along the grass curved there way along the tiny slopes of the field where people could bike, jog, or in this case with Yoseob – roller-skate.

 



He did not even know where Yoseob had gotten the idea. Or rather why did he even think of this idea? It was safe to say that Doojoon was petrified when he heard that Yoseob would treat him to an afternoon of rollerblading in the park, and when he thought that he had a good excuse of having no skates – it was the perfect excuse – Yoseob apparently knew a bike rental shop that apparently rented skates as well, much to his 'joy'.

 



So now here they were, with Doojoon seated at a bench with his skates on and Yoseob bending down and tying his own.

 



"This is not my idea of fun, just so you know" Yoseob scoffed. "Your idea of fun is probably lying around doing nothing all day"

 



"No. What makes you think of that?" Doojoon retorted, looking slightly offended. "Soccer. That's my idea of fun Yoseobah. Not having your perfectly fine feet having to be replaced with unstable wheels"

 



"Then maybe we can go play soccer some other time. But today it's my treat" Yoseob laughed, finally straightening up. He glanced at Doojoon. He looked at Doojoon with a grin on his face. "Don't worry, it's gonna be fun"

 



Doojoon frowned as Yoseob stood up, and it confused him and also amazed him to see the other actually stand up straight and steady despite the round, wobbly circles at his feet. Yoseob stretched a hand to him. "Let's go. Stand up already"
 

 


Doojoon sat firmly on his seat. "I told you I'm not doing this"

 



"Come on~ Just try it" Yoseob urged on, not bringing down his hand.

 



"No"

 



Yoseob narrowed his eyes at Doojoon. Suddenly he grabbed Doojoon's hand, pulling him up to stand in front of him. Doojoon yelped in surprise, and suddenly he felt his balance betray him as he wobbled to keep himself steady. But before he could even manage to make sure he was firm on the ground Yoseob skated backwards a few inches, pulling on Doojoon which meant that he skated forward, bringing them away from the bench. When he finally managed to stand without moving or wobbling – with the aid of Yoseob's hand that he was still holding on to – he looked up and cast a glare at Yoseob.

 



"Yah" he said, thankful that his voice remained steady even though he himself was not. "Yah Yang Yoseob bring me back to the bench now"

 



Yoseob blinked in confusion. "Eh?"

 



"Now Yoseob. Bring me back"

 



Doojoon tight hold on his hand, the cautious posture of the other, the demand to be pulled back to the bench despite it being literally only a few inches away. It did not take a genius for Yoseob to figure out what was going on.
 

 


Yoseob raised his brow, his cheery smile morphing into a devious smirk. "Why? Just let go of me and go there yourself"

 



Doojoon gritted his teeth in slight annoyance. He looked at Yoseob and tried to look intimidating but then Yoseob only smirked back and he knew then that there was no use. Doojoon sighed, looking away, but still managing to wear a scowl on his face. "Because I don't know how to skate" Doojoon muttered quietly.
 

 


Yoseob tilted his head, feigning innocence. "Huh? I didn't hear you. Can you repeat that?"
 

 


"I said I can't skate!" Doojoon answered back in annoyance, but this time a little too louder than normal, causing some people around them to stop and look at them for a while. Doojoon's eyes widened for a moment, feeling several pairs of eyes glued to him and Yoseob – but mostly just him. He cleared his throat rather awkwardly, looking at the ground, obviously flustered from him small outburst.
 

 


Yoseob's shoulder shook as a burst of amused giggles left him. "Aww, poor Doojoonie~" Yoseob teased, causing Doojoon's head to snap up at him, eyes narrowing into a sharp glare.
 

 


"Yah! Don't call me th— Yah!!" Doojoon's outburst was cut short when Yoseob let go of him abruptly, resulting in all of his coordination and balance to suddenly fail him as he wobbled  and stumbled on the spot. He grabbed Yoseob's shoulder's to steady himself, not letting go even after he felt his knees stop shaking and his feet stop wobbling. He glared back at Yoseob with a glare more intense than before. "Yah you little—" Doojoon stopped himself and instead took a heavy breath.
 

 


"I'm sorry~" Yoseob said, though from the grin he was wearing you could tell that he was not sorry at all. He raised his hands up to gently grab Doojoon's hands at his shoulders, holding them firmly in his own and lowering them. Doojoon did not oppose to the action, instead he stared at Yoseob with questioning eyes.

 



Yoseob grinned. "Come on, I'll teach you" Doojoon's eyes narrowed. "What? No"

 



Yoseob did not reply, instead he started skating backwards, holding Doojoon's hands in his. Doojoon's eyes widened as he was pulled forward, having no choice but to follow Yoseob's lead. "Yah. Yah. Stop this, stop skating. Yah"

 



Yoseob rolled his eyes, smile still in place. "Oh please, stop being such a grump and follow me"
 

 


"What? Follow you? And be very loud and stubborn?"

 



"And happy" Yoseob continued, laughing when Doojoon gave him a incredulous but nonetheless amused look.

 



Maybe it was because Doojoon was too preoccupied with talking to Yoseob – with thinking of an even wittier reply. Maybe it was because he was too preoccupied with Yoseob himself – with looking at Yoseob as the younger laughed and smiled, with the warm, soft hands that held his own that unconsciously tightened and loosened at times. Maybe it was because he was too preoccupied with Yoseob that he did not notice how far the both of them reached from the bench, from where they started. He did not notice how far they both reached – how far he reached without stumbling or falling... well, guided by Yoseob of course. He did not even notice this until Yoseob pointed it out, along with another sprout of laughs and a wide grin. Yoseob let go of Doojoon, and after a few struggles and attempts to steady himself eventually he gained back his sense of coordiantion and balance and was now side by side by Yoseob.
 

 


"See?" Yoseob said. "I'm a great teacher, right?"
 

 


Doojoon scoffed, "Oh please. I'm just great at this"

 



Yoseob raised his brow. "Ah really? Fine, try to keep up then" with that Yoseob suddenly bolted forward with outstanding speed, catching Doojoon off guard as the younger kept speeding away and farther away from him.

 



"Yah—Yoseob—Yah I can't—" Doojoon stopped whatever he was going to say when he hear Yoseob laugh. It was a mocking laugh – well not really but to Doojoon it was – and that was enough to have him chase – or attempt to – chase after Yoseob.

 



And so the next few minutes we're spent with Yoseob speeding ahead while Doojoon tried to keep up with him. He did not know whether Yoseob was being nice or was being a tease because every now and then Yoseob would stop or slow down just enough to let Doojoon reach him before speeding off again.
 

 


"Oh, you almost got me that time! But too slow~" Yoseob sang playfully, even turning around to grin at Doojoon while skating backwards.

 



Okay. He was just being a tease. A very annoying one.
 

 


"Yah" Doojoon called out, not speeding up because he knew Yoseob would run – err skate – off again. He kept a steady pace, matching Yoseob's pace who was a few steps in front of him but was out of reach. "How are you even so good at this?"

 



Yoseob laughed, still skating backwards. "I'm not. I just know how. Remember when we first met? I was skating"

 



Doojoon frowned. "You knocked me down while skating that time. And as I recalled you said you were 'usually good' at this"

 



"Oh yeah... I said I was sorry anyway~" Yoseob waved off. "And it's so nice of you to remember that~"
 

 


Doojoon scoffed. "Of course I remember. I remember the pain of falling down before being offered bread afterward. Seriously it was like a double-kill"
 

 


Yoseob laughed, he laughed and it was loud and vibrant and bubbly, throwing his head back slightly as his eyes crinkled shut in amusement. Yoseob's laugh rang through the air and as Doojoon watched him laugh he couldn't help but smile too. Doojoon's heart started to beat just a little faster, he did not know why though, so instead he blamed his fast beating heart on the excitement and adrenaline of skating.
 

 


He did not like the thought of skating. He thought it was dangerous – more dangerous than soccer because with soccer you just have to run around with a ball. With soccer you can fall and injure yourself too but he thought roller skating was more dangerous because the possibility of falling and hurting yourself doubles now that you get tiny wheels for feet. He did not like the thought of skating. He thought it would be boring, because what else can you do with wheels on feet? He thought it would be boring because all you do is walk – glide – around doing nothing when in soccer you chase around a ball trying to score goals. He thought skating was dangerous and boring and dangerous so he did not bother to have to do anything from it – he did not want anything to with it. There was no other particular reason why, he just thought it was a waste of time. He thought that skating would be boring but—
 

 


But apparently he thought wrong.
 

 


Apparently having unstable round wheels at your feet was not boring. He thought it was not worth his time, but not with Yoseob in front of him wearing a bright smile. Not with Yoseob laughing as they chased each other throughout the park.
 

 


"Yah this is getting boring" Yoseob suddenly said, grinning playfully as he skated backwards so that he would face Doojoon behind him, still keeping the same pace as the other. "You can't even catch up with me"

 



Doojoon frowned at Yoseob, about to retort when Yoseob cut him off before he could even get a chance to say anything. "Shall we play a game then?" Yoseob suggested, smile morphing into a playful smirk.

Doojoon raised his brow. "Game?"
 

 


Yoseob nodded. "Yeah. If you can catch me, you can make me do one thing. If after 20 minutes and you still can't get me I get to make you do anything"

 



"Fine" A amused smirk appeared on Doojoon's face. He had to admit when it came to games – especially sports – he was very very competitive. He always had the drive to win no matter what game he plays and he won't accept defeat so easily. He won't back down to a challenge either. It was something he could actually be proud of himself for – his athletic ability and his drive for winning.
 

 


"By 'catch' do you mean touch it do I have to grab you?"

 



Yoseob thought for a while, head tilted slightly. "Hmm... Touch, I think you can't be able to grab me at all so I'll make it easy for you" Yoseob teased.

 



Doojoon was silent. He eyed Yoseob carefully. Yoseob was only a few feet away, surely within Doojoon's reach if he went just a little bit closer. Yoseob was skating backwards at the moment, which meant it would take more time for him to turn around and dash off. That meant if he went now he could catch Yoseob off guard and touch him before the younger could even manage to turn around.
 

 


Doojoon smiled victoriously to himself. Yoon Doojoon always wins.
 

 


"I..." Doojoon started, making Yoseob raise his brows in question. "What?"

 



"...win!" Suddenly Doojoon lunged forward, reaching his hand out to Yoseob before the younger could even react. "Eh—What—Eh?!" Yoseob stuttered, eyes widening as he attempted to avoid Doojoon, but he reacted too late. Doojoon grabbed a hold of Yoseob's wrist, tugging his small body forward towards him.

 



Unfortunately he miscalculated just a tiny bit, because his one soft pull caused Yoseob to yelp and lose his balance, stumbling – falling – towards Doojoon. Doojoon's eyes widened. "Yoseo—"
 

 


A soft thud was heard.

 



The next thing they knew they were both on the ground – or rather Doojoon was on the ground and Yoseob was on top of his since it was Yoseob who had stumbled in front of him. Thank goodness they – or Doojoon – fell on the grass otherwise the fall would have just been worse and would have hurt way more – for Doojoon only that is.

 



Doojoon groaned, craning his neck up and changing his position to sitting up halfway as Yoseob was still on his chest lying face down. He stared at the crown of Yoseob's head, "Are you okay?" He asked.
 

 


Yoseob was silent.

 



"Yoseobah. What's wrong? Are you okay?" Doojoon asked again, slight panic coming to him when he didn't see Yoseob respond at all. "Yoseob!! Did—Did you hit your head or something? Does it hurt anywhere? Does—"

 



Yoseob raised his head, eyes narrowing as he glared at Doojoon while pouting. Doojoon felt a rush if relief come to him when he saw that Yoseob was okay but it was gone in an instant, leaving only confusion to why Yoseob was staring at him so accusingly.
 

 


"You cheated"
 

 


Doojoon blinked. "Pardon..?"
 

 


Yoseob puffed his cheeks in annoyance, pushing at Doojoon's chest against him to look at Doojoon. "You cheated!! Cheater!"

 



And Doojoon blinked some more. He started at Yoseob, he stared at Yoseob's eyes narrowed into a glare, at his mouth that formed into a pout, at his cheeks that were puffed out slightly in annoyance, at his bandage on his cheek that would probably need changing now that it became battered and dirty from the fall. He stared at Yoseob's fists, that were balled up and were pressing against his chest. He kept staring –

 



Then he laughed.

 



He laughed and shook his head, because this was all just too amusing to him. He laughed, raising his head up to pat Yoseob's head. "I didn't cheat, you know"

 



"You did cheat!" Yoseob retorted, raising his fist to hit Doojoon's chest repeatedly. "The game was supposed to start after – after I said go!!"

 



Doojoon laughed some more, giving up and just lying back down against the grass, letting Yoseob stay on top of him and hit him repeatedly. "Yeah fine, fine. I cheated. Happy now?"
 

 


It only did the opposite however – making Yoseob's eyes flare up in rage as he proceeded to hit Doojoon harder – and even more harder when Doojoon did nothing except chuckle at his actions.
 

 


It annoyed him.

 



It seriously annoyed him.

 



Yoon Doojoon was so annoying right now.

 



But–

 



Right now while he was hitting Doojoon, ranting at Doojoon, Doojoon wore the brightest expression Yoseob's ever seen on him.

 



He was laughing. Yoon Doojoon was laughing. And that moment–

 



Yoseob couldn't help but feel his heart beat a little faster.

 



---
 

 


Yoseob was walking along the school hallways, making his way to the classroom. There was a slight skip to his walk as he hummed a little tune.

 



"Yang Yoseob-sshi...?"

 



Yoseob stopped, turning around ad seeing someone he did not know standing before him. Yoseob smiled.

 



"Yes?"

-----------------------

 

 

A/N:

Well...

that was a monster of a chapter //sweats

its like twice as long as my usual ones... and I couldnt cut it since it was all one long thing

anyway here's some happy Dooseob date before I throw in another character that will mess with their relationship in the next chapter yehe-

 

ALSO would you look at that I updated //laughs nervously

now that Im on break I'll update more yes.

 

!!also i apologize for any typos, mistakes, or errors of anykind I didn't reread it im sorry .-.