Bread

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Bread

 

 

Another normal day.

 

 

Doojoon got up from bed, headed straight for the bathroom and got ready for school. He stared at himself in the mirror, a bored look on his face as he fixed his tie. He didn't bother to fix his hair.

 

 

Another boring day.

 

 

"I'll be heading off now" He got out the house, not before grabbing one slice of bread – which he hated – because his sister insisted, and made his way to his school, not far from his home. He stared at the cracks on the sidewalk before closing his eyes and giving out a deep sigh. He looked up, bread in his mouth.

 

 

He wasn't looking forward to this day at all.

 

 

He would arrive at school, get to his seat – in the back of the room in the farthest corner – and there it was the same. It was the same old boring routine that was repeated again and again, day after day, week after week. He would get home, do homework, eat dinner, then go to bed. He would wake up then repeat everything.

 

 

He stared at the clouds, hand going up to block some of the rays from the sun. He squinted, glaring back up at the bright sky.

 

 

"Looks like I'm gonna hate today too"

 

 

Since when has it become life this for him? Not caring about anything at all? He sighed, looking back down at the ground, nibbling on the corner of his bread, dragging his feet along the sidewalk –

 

 

"Look out!"

 

 

Doojoon turned his head – Eh?

 

 

The next thing he knew was that he was on the ground, his bag open beside him with its things scattered around the sidewalk. There was a slight pulsing pain on his forehead, and basically his entire body. He groaned, closing his eyes. "What the hell..." He mumbled to himself, scowl on his face.

 

 

"I'm really sorry!! Are you okay?!" Doojoon froze. What..? He opened his eyes to see a pair of feet in front of him. A pair of feet with roller skates on. "I'm realllyyy sorry!" The voice repeated, this time a hand appearing in his field of vision. Doojoon blinked, looking up to see the owner of the hand and feet.

 

 

There was a boy – a really young boy – in front of him. He had dark brown hair with a slight reddish tinge to it, almond shaped eyes, a button nose and – wait... Why is he even thinking about that?? Anyway that boy was in front of him now, a worried look on his face as he bit his lip, holding his hand out. Doojoon stared at boy's hand – actually you couldn't even see the hand since the oversized hoodie he was wearing reached over his hands.

 

 

"Are you okay? Im really sorry... Im usually good at roller skating its just that it was a downward hill and I went too fast and I kinda went out of control..." They boy smiled slightly, still biting his lip. Doojoon raised his brow, usually good?

 

 

Alright, there is one more reason to hate this day even more.

 

 

Without taking the boy's hand, Doojoon got up on his own, making the boy pout slightly in confusion – and who the hell even pouts this days? – Before lowering his hand. Doojoon brushed off the dirt off of his school uniform and bent down once more to gather his things and place them neatly in his bag – not even once looking at the boy standing awkwardly beside him. "U-um..." The boy started hesitantly. "Do you need help with that...?"

 

 

Doojoon stood up once more, slinging his bag over his shoulder before looking at the other with an icy look. "No thank you, I think you already did enough damage" Doojoon's eyes fell to the floor where he just noticed his slice of bread on the ground. The boy followed his stare to the bread.

 

 

"A-ah sorry..." The boy stuttered. He was quiet for a while before he suddenly exclaimed, opening his bag and rummaging around its contents before taking out a neatly wrapped snack. He bowed and offered it to Doojoon with two hands. "You can have my bread if you like"

 

 

Doojoon made a face – a very nasty one to be exact.

 

 

First he was knocked over by this kid right here when he wasn’t even doing anything.

 

 

Now this kid is offering him the very one food he thought was poison and that it should just vanish from the face of the earth?

 

 

He wasn't sure what he hated more, the fact that there was bread right in front of him being offered to him or the kid offering him that bread.

 

 

After a while the boy lookrd up from his position. "Um.... Won't you take it?..."

 

 

Doojoon kept a straight face on – or at least tried to – as he slowly extended his arm. He could feel – he could even see his arm shaking as it went nearer the food in the boy’s hands.

 

 

No no no no no no

 

 

His hand hovered over the bread. He looks at the boy and the boy looked back with expectant eyes.

 

 

No no no no no

 

 

Doojoon screamed internally as his hand grabbed hold of the bread – a little bit too tight.

 

 

Dammit Yoon Doojoon!!!

 

 

The boy grinned – not having any idea of the internal war the other was having right now – before securing his bag behind him.

 

 

"Again... I'm so sorry for a while ago and well... See you! Enjoy your bread!!" They boy smiled before speeding away from him in his roller skates.

 

 

Doojoon glared at the boy's back as it got smaller. He stared at the bread in his hands.

 

 

"Tch...... Dammit"

 

 

He opened the packet and ate the bread as he made his way to school. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: weeelllllll here it is XD Dooseob beginnnsss ohohhohoh

I altually wrote a few chapters already ; 7 ;

but i wont post it yet ainly because i want to have a picture first before anything XD

Plus I have exams so Im retty busy but the next chapter will be up maybe in a week? idk OTL 

 

Hope you liked it! <3