Page 5

The Days of Our Youth

Every story has an end. But in life, every ending is just a new begining

~ Uptown Girl

It was the begining of a new semester. I felt really sad as the holiday passed through so fast. The last semester memories feels like a dream to me. And I had promised myself to reset myself. Just like how I felt that I should start anew, I paid a little bit more attention to my appearences. Just a little bit.

6494640724f41f93dde44d_big.jpg

I went to my class immediately. The campus notified me through e-mail for the class division to make things easier. There are a slight change in the class division as I realized that I would not be in the same class as Jiyeon and Hara. However, I was relieved as Sulli will be in the same class as me.

"Seohyunnie!" I heard the familiar voice calling me cheerfully. Sulli was waving at me with smiles plastered on her face.

"Oh, Sulli, anyeong!" I waved back at her. We have exchanged our phone numbers and went together for shopping several times during the holiday. I could say that we had gotten a lot closer ever since. She cut her hair short and dyed it black. I thought she looked fresher and cuter now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnewGhXkWsFTZuO4Lcg16 

Behind her was a girl sitting quitely. Looking at her like this made me realize how beautiful she was. She had a flawless skin and a defined nose line. Her skin was so fair and her long hair falls smoothly at her back. She was also famous for having a good fashion sense. No wonder I often heard the guys talking about her being so beautiful although she rarely smiled. She was like the queen in this campus, Tiffany Hwang.

3.jpg

I was lost in my own thought when someone suddenly shouted behind me.

"Oh yeah! Tiffany! We're in the same class again!!" The guy suddenly bursted in and went to Tiffany's desk. She greeted her casually. "Tiff, this semester I promised you that you will have a fun memories in class!" he said in a sudden, looking determined. They talked for a while although the guy was the one keeping up the conversation. He was the Thai-exchange student, Nichkhun, the infamous campus's sweetheart.

2pm.Womens.Weekly.2011.SC04.nichkhun.jpg

I tried to ignore them but once again, I was startled with another voice. "We got someone pretty noisy in our class, huh?" was all he said. However, those familiar voices that feels like a piano sound in my ears was enough to make my heart skipped a beat. I looked back.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA7yIA0wwwmPbFNo-MObq

"Yong?" I asked. Why would he, in the special class, be here, of all places?

"Yo," he greeted me and went to his seat. 

Is this for real? I'm in the same class as Yong? I felt excitement building up in me. This semester might really be good, after all.

*****

The next day..

I went to sit on my desk which was near Yong's who sat next to Tiffany. I felt that we too, has gotten much closer than before. His relationship with seonsaengnim, his parents' divorce, he had told me a lot of things that day. Although he might not want to tell anyone about those things, he did tell me. Maybe I was really special to him in a way.

....

As if that were right.

I saw him talking about the exact same thing he told me about Jung seonsaengnim that day to other classmates casually. I sighed. Maybe I was just an ordinary friend to him.

When he was busy chatting with the boys sitting in front of him, Jinwoon, the guy sitting behind him suddenly interupted. "Hey, Yonghwa. How does it feel to drop out from the special class now? Do you feel that 'why am I here in between these boring people?'" He asked bluntly.

Whoa, dude. That's not a question you ask to anyone so casually.

"What are you saying? I'm not as genius as you might think I am," Yong casually answered with a smile. I almost laughed looking at Jinwoon expression. "Honestly, I worked really hard to be in that special class. I'm not a genius like that Kim Taeyeon, the girl with that golden voice, you know? And now that I've dropped out from that class, honestly, I felt much more relieved. I guess now I can enjoy my university year to the fullest, although my hyung is kind of pissed at me," he laughed. The guys were startled at his confession, me included.

He realized that I was looking at him the whole time and teased me by sticking out his tounge a bit. I blushed with his sudden action and he chuckled before talking to the guys back. I smiled at what he did to me.

Choding. I thought silently.

"Seohyunnie..." I saw Sulli just arrived and approached me. I smiled back. Before she said anything, I heard someone else gossiped about her.

"Hey, isn't that Sulli? The girl who was ignored by all girls in her class?"

"I don't know, probably. I don't really follow gossips you know."

"But she doesn't look bad or anything..."

Those comments made her quiet and fall back to her seat. She looked down, or maybe she was hiding it. Actually, her being ignored by the whole class was not really her fault. It started when Jiyeon, who are quite influential among the girls pointed that Sulli only wanted attention from the guys. I felt bad for being one of the groups who ignored her.

Maybe I should help her? I thought. I got an idea as soon as I saw the keroro keychain that I use as a phone straps.

"Sulli!" I called her. "Look, I put the keychain you gave me on!" Well that was lame, because obviously, she knew that already. She looked at me, smiling, just like she knew what I was trying to do. She mouthed a 'thank you'.

We talked normally and the rest of the girls looked at us. "Well, somehow they talked normally..?" their perspectives started to change, until..

"Ah!" I heard someone talked. "I heard that girl got into a big argument with her own classmates last semester," she said surely. "Is that so? So Seohyun and Sulli are dangerous to approach?" another girl talked. I sighed. It seemed that I made things worse for Sulli while the latter just chuckled.  Just like that I went back to my seat.

Just then, the person who were supposed to sit in front of me come. As she seemed a bit older than me, I tried to be polite. "Good morning, Tiffany-sshi," I bowed.

"Oh.. good morning.." she replied with a smile. I was surprised she had a really beautiful eyesmile. "What's your name again?"

"Seo Joo Hyun, but people call me Seohyun," I answered.

"Right, good morning, Seohyun." she smiled and sat. I thought she would be so arrogant as there are many rumours about her, but apparently not. Or maybe I was wrong again. As soon as I tried to talk to her again, she put on her earphone and busy cleaning up her flute. However, unexpectedly, someone did approach her. The campus's sweetheart, Nichkhun. He kept talking even though Tiffany just keep ignoring him.

I sighed while walking by myselft during the break time. Will anything ever change this semester? I want to move on but somehow it was so hard.

"Ooh~ Isn't it Joohyun? Aigoo, it's the begining of the new semester and your face is so dark," someone catched up to me and greeted me. It was Jung seonsaengnim.

"Omo, anyeonghaseo, seonsaengnim," I bowed politely and smiled. No wonder the students wouldn't call him seonsaengnim, he was so friendly towards everyone.

"Why are you alone? I thought you would be with Yonghwa," he asked.

"A..Anieyo, seonsaengnim. We're not in that kind of relationship," I blushed with his sudden question.

"Ey~ who said anything about relationship," he chuckled. "But really, why do you look so down in the second day of the semester?"

"It's just that.. I felt that nothing is going to change. I wanted to improve and change, reset my life, I have the determination, but it is so hard. It was like there is no opportunity for me," I told him the truth. He just chuckled.

"You know, Joohyun. Nothing is going to change if you just wait for the opportunity that might not even come to you. You decide what will happen to your life. If you want to change, you should be the one to take the initiative," he smiled and patted my head. Really, how can brothers even do the same thing to cheer up someone. "Well, I believe you can do it. As a lecturer, I should encourage all my students to live their life to the fullest. Fighting, Seo Joo Hyun!" He encouraged me again.

"Haha, thank you very much, seonsaengnim," I smiled.

"Well then, I'll be going on first. I need to find Yonghwa," he waved and gone after a few seconds.

Yes. I encouraged myself. I can do it. Seo Joo Hyun, you can change! 

*****

That was that, and this was this. Even though I finally found the courage to do so...

AIGOOOOO WHY IS IT SO HARDDDD?!?!! I felt like screaming but luckily I could hold myself back. I walked home with all those gloomy aura around me. Maybe if you can see ghosts and those stuffs you might find them around me. No, just kidding.

"Yah, why are you so gloomy?!" I felt someone softly hit my head and made me startled.

"Yong!" I looked at him, he was bringing his guitar case that he rarely brought around. Just a second after, I heard a phone ringing. I searched my bag, just in case it was mine.

"Oh, it's mine. Wait for a minute," he told me while picking up his phone. "Oh, Lee Joon-ah, What's up? ... Really? You can bring it tomorrow? Okay then, thanks. .. Yeah, see you." And it rang again. "Yeoboseyo? .. Oh, Jonghyun-ah, Joon called me just now. ... Yeah, he said he can. .... Okay. ... Okay. ..." And he continued to talk on his phone. I was dumbfounded watching him picking calls from familiar names.

....

Right, it was our new classmates.

"Ah, how nice. He got new friends already. While I got regarded as someone dangerous to approached and made my friend to be in the same situation as me at the same time. Cold, scary-looking and all. Why are these words used to describe me?" I mumbled silently.

"Haha, but for me you are more like an indecisive person," he finished his phone call and he just had to commented on what I did. I felt embarassed.

"Yong! Why do you have to follow up that comment?!" I slap his arm.

"OUCH! Yah! Rude girl, how will you ever find a boyfriend like this?!" he slowly rub on the place where I hit him. I just looked down. "Well, but it's not my intention to do so. But I know, not everything will be smooth-sailing. You told me that, didn't you? And because of that, I, too, has decided to reset my life. And for me, just because someone told you that you are scary and all, that doesn't make the entire you. You are much more than that, aren't you?" I unconciously smiled at his words. "Well, today is my day one, so you have to do so too!" he told me.

"De~ mianhaeyo. It's just that, after the first day, I realize how bad I am at making friends. I want to make some friends today, but you see, those rumors just started up," I told him.

"And at the same time, it won't do any good if you just feel depressed here, you know? You won't make an impact by being all down and all here. Then nothing will change," he commented. "But, you see, at the same time, even if you choose to make a move, you won't cause them any unhappiness either." I was startled with his words. "Nothing has began. You can do it the way you like right now." he smiled at me. "Now let's go home!"

I nodded and followed him.

And just like that. Always. His words had helped me once more.

*****

 

Author's note:

YOHO~! First of all, merry christmas and happy new year!!

Sorry for being late! Hahaha!

I had a *ehem* date *ehem* yesterday so I can't update my story TT^TT

Sorry, guys~

I hoped you enjoy your christmas and holidays~~

oh well, I don't know what to say.

Thank you for all the subscribers and comments! I greatly appreciate it!

This story still has a long way to go, so please bear with the slow progress.

(You know uri Yongseo is famous for being a slow-paced couple hahaha!)

Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

May the following years will bring us more happiness and joy (especially to both our favourite couples!)