Page 4.5

The Days of Our Youth

It was almost 8 p.m. in the evening. The food I made a few hours ago had gone cold as my pabo dongsaeng managed to avoid me. Again.

I sighed at the realization. Ever since that day, he tried to avoid me at all cost and only talked to me when it was necessary. Me, Jung Il Woo, his used-to-be-beloved hyung.

Yonghwa, where the hell are you? I thought quietly.

It was kinda lonely to be sitting at the diningroom alone. Looking around the house I hadn't been at for so long, I reminisced those good old days.

*****

Flashback

I had just finished studying for my exam. My parents were out and I was left alone at home with my little brother, who were 3 years old, who is 7 years younger than me. He was sitting on a chair, eating his snacks while I were more focused on my book.

FLOP! I heard something fell down. I immediately turned back to see him.

Yonghwa! I immediately looked at my little brother who fell miserably on his knees. He wa trying to hold back his tears after looking at the scratches on his knees.

Omo, he is holding it back. I didn't know little kid can be so awesome. Haha, my dongsaeng sure is cute, I thought to myself. Realizing my stares, he looked back at me and started crying while crawling his way towards me.

"Huwaaa, hyuuung.. It hurtss!!" he cried on my lap. I was surprised with his action so I just hugged him at patted his back. Who knows that Jung Yong Hwa could cry after he fell down.

"Aigoo, my cute dongsaeng. Come here, hyung will hug you. Don't cry anymore," I cheered him up while chuckling at his actions.

*****

I chuckled remembering how clingy Yonghwa used to be. After that, he would always come to me whenever he had problems, unlike now. He had becoming so distant. He had never gotten close to any of his classmates either. I had never saw him having fun talking with others.. probably, until today. With that girl, Seo Joo Hyun.

*****

Flashback

I watched him from the back writing something on his notebook, then erased it again. Write it again, and circled that, and get flustered from his own action. He looked like a pabo. I was originally going to call him to have dinner, but now that I had seen him like that, I decided to a bit.

I approached him slowly from behind, watching what he was doing.

Seo Joo Hyun

He circled those words and I could see his ears getting so red. Amused, I asked him, "Hmm.. Seo Joo Hyun? Who is that?"

He was startled with my sudden question and I could see him getting redder.

Ahh.. So my dongsaeng is in love..  I thought to myself.

"H..Hyung! Stop looking at my things!" he tried to hid his notebook.

"Haha, uri Yonghwa is in love with someone huh?" I .

"H-hyung! It's not like that! Don't disturb me when I'm doing my revision!!"

"But you weren't studying.."

"I was!"

"So, what kind of girl is Seo Joo Hyun?"

"Not telling!" he told me while running away.

*****

So that's Seo Joo Hyun.. I remembered the girl I met today while laughing by myself. God, you must have thought that I was crazy.

Well, meeting the mysterious Seo Joo Hyun didn't change the fact that Yonghwa is still so distant.

"Yonghwa.. How long do you want your hyung to wait for you?" I sighed. I knew where he might be going but I decided not to go after him. I imagined him taking his time drinking hot coffee near the Han river. That was where he always went off to whenever he felt tired or annoyed.

Even if you lose certain things in your way.. You can always create things again. A new relationship.. A new love. A new story. That's what makes us human, Yonghwa. I closed my eyes and continue to wait for him.

*****

Author's note

Short Updates! Hahaha! It's Jung Il Woo's POV, to give you guys a slight view on their family relationship. :)

Enjoy the story guys! I'll try to update more today!

Happy Christmas Eve! :)