Work

All the little things

6.

Work. Yes, Yuri loves working. She goes to work happily and doesn’t complain much unless there is a bad day at work. But Jessica is a workaholic. 

Jessica may look like she is lazy to do stuffs but when there is work to be done, that girl gets it done. That is one thing Yuri loves about Jessica.

But the problem is, Jessica doesn’t know how to stop.

///

Jessica takes her work seriously. After all, she is going to be the future CEO of her family’s company. She works hard and does it well. Papa jung was very proud of her.

But because of work, Jessica always forgets about herself. Too concentrated on her work, Jessica skips her meals and even forgets to sleep. Yes, for some reason, when its necessary, Jessica chooses work over sleep.

At first, Yuri was proud to see her girlfriend working hard. And to be honest, she found a hardworking and serious Jessica to be very attractive. However, as time goes by, Yuri realises that Jessica doesn’t stop working and its starting to worry her. Yuri will try to get Jessica to rest but the stubborn girl doesn’t always listen. Until one day, it got too serious.

///

It was just like any other day. Yuri will reach home at around 7pm and start preparing dinner for her and Jessica, who will usually reach home at around 8pm because her girlfriend always works overtime for little bit. “ There is too much to do” is what Jessica will say.

Yuri stood in front of the refrigerator and look through its content.

Looks like I have the ingredients to whip up sica’s favourite dish.

Yuri was thinking of making Jessica her favourite dish to pamper her girlfriend as the girl hasn’t had a good sleep in the past few days. Jessica brought work from the office and was doing it in the living room until the wee hours and fell asleep on the couch. Yuri had to carry her in so that she could have a more comfortable sleep. To be honest, although it is nice to see Jessica working hard, but it actually pains Yuri to see Jessica overwork herself. But she knows that the stubborn girl wouldn’t listen so the only way is to support her and take care of the girl whenever she can.

///

9:30pm. 

Yuri is starting to get worried. Jessica could be late but never this late. Not without a call or text at least. Yuri then decide to call Tiffany, Jessica’s best friend and assistant at work.

“Fany-ah, is sica with you?”

“Well hello to you too Yuri. Nope, isn’t she with you?”

“No…”

"I left earlier today because Taetae was bugging me to get home early because she told me she was feeling and she is going to touc-“

“TOO MUCH INFO!”

“Oops hehe. Sorry. Anyways, I left early today and before I left she was rushing a proposal that needed to be send out today. She might be still in the office?"

“Ohh. Okay. Thank you Fany-ah!”

“No problem Yuri”

///

Yuri placed the cool and damp towel on Jessica’s forehead in order to bring the fever down. She sighed loudly. This was what she was afraid that will happen.

After putting down the phone with Tiffany, Yuri drove down to Jessica’s office to see if Jessica was there. There wasn’t anyone else in the office building other than the security guard at the lobby. 

When she entered Jessica’s office, Yuri rushed over to  her girlfriend, who seemed to have passed out on the ground. Flipping Jessica’s body over, she was shocked to see her girlfriend’s flushed face with beads of sweat all over her forehead. Her girlfriend was also breathing heavily.

Her body temperature is way too high…

Yuri carried Jessica bridal style to her car and drove home. And now she is here, beside the bed, taking care of her sick girlfriend, who is currently running a high fever.

“Aishh. Sica-ah, this is why I ask you to rest. Look at you now, you are sick! Do you know how worried I am??”

Yuri shouted out loudly as she needed to release her worries and frustration. Also, its just Yuri to be talking to herself. The girl always talks to herself.

“… sorry Yuri-ah”

Yuri looked back at the bed. She wasn’t expecting an answer. She thought that her girlfriend was unconscious at that moment. Great, now she is guilty because she made Jessica guilty.

“Hey.. Don’t apologise. I am sorry for shouting. I was just… Sigh. I was just worried Sica. I love that you are hardworking but you have to take care of yourself too. You will overwork your body. What if something bad like this happen to you again… or something worse? I can’t bear to se-"

Yuri was interrupted with a pair of warm lips on . They deepened the kiss and soon Jessica break away to get some air.

“Nothing worse will happen to me. Because I have you to take care of me. I know thats a little selfish of me bu-“

This time, its Jessica’s turn to be interrupted with a pair of lips. They continue to kiss until what seems like forever, they break away, gasping for air as they put their forehead together.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I hope you didn’t spread your germs to me though...”

“Yah!”

After this, Yuri never let Jessica work overtime or bring work back from office ever again. Even is she does or have to, Yuri will be right beside Jessica, ‘supervising’ as she works. 

---

A longer chapter for to make up for my absence.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Had this idea because of my work coughIdontknowhowtostoptoocough.

Anyways, Happy 2015 to all my readers! All the best in this year :)

Thank you for reading and thank you for all the wonderful comments. I do read them and it warms my heart.

I will continue to do my best :)