First Impression

All the little things

3.

Cold. That was Yuri’s first impression of the school’s famous ice princess. Well, she wouldn’t be called the ice princess if she wasn’t cold right? The ice princess was known for her glares and snarky remarks that even the teachers are afraid to offend her. The said girl was scary and mean but definitely pretty.

Despite being in the same class for almost a year, they have never had a real conversation. There was no “Hello” or anything. They were merely classmates. Then that fateful day came.

It was just like any other day. Yuri entering to class as per normal and the school’s ice princess sitting at the back of the class, sleeping with her head on the table. Everything was the same until the announcement of a project that requires a partner. The class was slowly paired up with each other.

“Kwon Yuri and Jessica Jung”

Upon hearing that, Yuri turned around to see look at Jessica.

She’s still sleeping I guess…

Yuri stood up and walk over to Jessica’s table. Jessica’s seat mate has already gone over to her partner table so Jessica is left alone. Yuri sat down and was thinking if she should wake Jessica up.

Looking over at Jessica, she was stunned. How could someone look so beautiful while sleeping. Yuri couldn’t bear to wake this princess up. Not when she was enjoying the view. She then decides to quietly wait for the girl to wake up. 

///

Jessica slowly opened her eyes. Realising the class has ended and the classroom was dark and empty , she sat up and cutely rubbed the sleepiness away from her eyes. Just then she realised that someone was staring at her.

“…”

“…”

“Who are you... and why are you staring at me?”

Yuri was just staring at Jessica. She was waiting for Jessica to wake up so that she could explain to the girl about the assignment and what has happened during class when the girl was asleep. But she didn’t know that Jessica, the school’s ice princess, was so cute when she wakes up. Yuri didn’t hear what Jessica just said.

After what seems like forever, Yuri snapped out of it and flashed a smile at Jessica.

“Hey.. You’re awake. I’m Kwon Yuri, your partner for our new assignment.”

“…”

Yuri was waiting for a response from the girl. But after a minute or two, there wasn’t any and Yuri was suspecting if the girl has fallen asleep with her eyes wide open.

Did she stay back in class just to tell me that?

Honestly, the ice princess was slightly touched by that. Yes, just slightly. She couldn’t be that easy to melt, she’s Jessica Jung, the school’s ice princess. She has to be cold. Or that is what everyone perceive of her.

“...Thank you… Yuri”

Yuri was surprised. She wasn’t expecting a thanks from the girl. The girl that was famous for her icy glares and snarky remarks, just thanked her. Is this the same girl as the ice princess that everyone was talking about?

Yuri just grinned. 

Maybe she isn’t as cold as what people say about her after all.

 

--------

Thank you for reading! I will continue to work hard :)