Christmas

All the little things

5.

Christmas. Jessica never liked Christmas. Sure she may be called the ice princess but Jessica never liked Christmas.

When Jessica was younger, the Jung family barely celebrated Christmas. Both Mr Jung and Mrs Jung are overseas, leaving Jessica and Krystal alone in the house to celebrate Christmas. Both girls celebrated Christmas by buying presents for each other until one day, Krystal starts hanging out with her friends instead of Jessica. Since then, Christmas is just like any other day to Jessica.

Things started to change after Jessica met Yuri, and went out on a date on Christmas.

///

It was a freezing day and Jessica was reluctant to leave her bed and go out to the today. But Yuri on the other hand was beyond excited. Yuri love the cold, and most importantly, snow.

Both girls was strolling along the park. Jessica was freezing cold and she kept on rubbing her shoulders, hoping to generate some heat to keep herself warm. Before she knows it, Yuri was warping a scarf around her neck.

“Here. Keep yourself warm. It’s very cold today.”

“ … But what about you?”

Yuri simply just smiled at Jessica and continue to stroll down the park with Jessica.

As they were walking, they came across a young boy selling christmas themed headbands. Yuri proceed to buy one for Jessica and one for herself.

“Aww.. Don’t you look like an adorable reindeer heh”

Jessica blushed upon hearing that and was about to say something when Yuri continued her sentence.

“But I think I’m cuter because I am Minnie Mouse.”

Yuri flashed an toothy grin and dragged pouting Jessica away.

///

After walking for some time, the girls are tired and decided to sit down on a nearby bench. Both of them looked like they were enjoying the scenery but inside, they are actually dying of nervousness. After what seems like forever, they decided to break the silence.

“ Yuri…”

“ Sica…”

“ You go first.”

“ You go first."

Both of them were surprised that they spoke at the same time. Feeling shy, Jessica kept her head down in order to hide her blushing cheeks, whereas Yuri just scratches her head, thinking what to say next.

“Sica, how about you go first?”

Jessica just nodded her and prepped herself to whatever she is gonna say next.

“Yuri ah… Today is my first time spending christmas with someone else other than Krystal. To be honest, I was a little excited. I didn’t know what was going to happen but I think I had a great time so far. Thank you for spending Christmas with me, although I was barely any fun. Anyways, I got you a present… I hope you like it…"

Jessica was blushing furiously as she passed the present to Yuri. It was her first time giving present to someone else other than Krystal.

“ OH MY GOD! It’s the limited edition Mickey Mouse hoodie that I always wanted! I think I’m gonna cry. Thank you Sica! “

Yuri was jumping about excitedly and she hugged Jessica, thanking her for the wonderful present. When she realised she was hugging Jessica, Yuri pulled away and blushed.

“Sorry I was too excited. Anyways, thank you for your present Sica. You didn’t have to get me anything. If you are wondering if I had a great time, yes I did. I had a great time with you today and although we didn’t do much, I am happy and grateful that you decided to spend your Christmas with me. To me, that is the best present ever. Of course I love the Mickey Mouse Hoodie too. Okay I think I am rambling, anyways here you go! Your present. I hope you like it!”

Yuri flashed a bright smile and passed a box to Jessica. Inside was a bracelet with  the engravings of “Follow your heart” around it.

Just as Jessica was about to thank Yuri for the present, a delightful sight happened before their eyes.

Snow were falling from the sky like cute puffy clouds. Both girls are awed by the moment and was enjoying the scene.

Before Jessica was going to continue to say her thanks to Yuri, Yuri kissed her cheeks and grabbed her hands and put it into her coat.

“Merry Christmas Sica”

“Merry Christmas Yuri”

Jessica never liked Christmas, but Christmas with Yuri is definitely something Jessica will look forward to.

 

----

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays! \O/

Sorry for updating late. I was busy with work the past few days. 

Thank you for reading and commenting. I will continue to do my best! :)