New

Unwanted Mate

Chapter 9

Aruem's POV



As I sat down on the chair he pulled out for me, my heart raced. The worst part was it raced in the way I didn't expect. The bad way.

 

"So," Wonsik said as he scratched the nape of his neck. He cleared his throat awkwardly and adjusted his posture, sitting up straightly. I nodded and indicated for him to speak. "Well, this is not how I thought this would go." He looked around and let out a sigh, ruffling his hair.

 

"Listen, if this is all your going to do, I rather leave." I deadpanned and his eyes widened. The tips of his ears brightened quickly in embarresment and I snickered quietly.

 

"Okay, here it comes." Wonsik said and I nodded, settling tightly into my chair. As he was away to speak, the waitress came and placed our drinks down on the table. I picked up the cup and took a sip before placing it back on the table, ready. "I want to get back together." My mind went blank. Empty. I litterally had no words to say. "You know, I was thinking about that day, the one where you told me and I just couln't handle how that happened. We are in so much love and no one has the right to stop us from loving each other." I sat there, just so confused on what was happening.

 

"And?" I asked, even though I actually didn't want to know. I could feel the temperature of the room rise when he placed his hand over mine. Looking around, I saw the boys I came with earlier glaring at Wonsik with pure hatred. I glanced back at Wonsik, my heart stopping when he looked directly into my eyes. I knew what I had seen in him before had disapeared the minute I saw him. I just didn't want to accept that the only male lover I have left was Kyungsoo.

 

"Run." He whispered and I tilted my head, not comprehending what he was meaning. "With me. I mean... Run away with me." My heart beat slowed down as the words spilled out of his mouth. He wasn't holding back anything. The look he had in his eyes was something I was scared of; Determination. I shook my head furiously and his mouth dropped open, a look of hurt spead across his face.

 

"Ravi..." I said and I felt like I could see his heart shatter. I had never called him that even though I was the one who wanted him to be called that. "I don't think I can do that. You have to understand me. We were head over heels in love with each other that we didn't even think about out future. Were. That's in past tense... Which means I don't feel the same way. Everyone has their mate and I just found mine. You will eventually find yours so just let me have my happiness." As I finished, his head was down and he was whimpering, making me feel guilty.

 

"Aruem, whoever your mate is, I will find him. I'll make him regret ever meeting you. You are mine. Mine only. Forever."

 


I sat in my bed as I remember those words he said. The way they came out so easily like he was expecting me to reject him. I felt guilty. That was until I saw that murderous look on his face and his tone when he spoke with venom. And for once, I was scared. Scared of what he could do to himself. What he could do to me. And mainly, what could he do to Kyungsoo. I sat with my towel wrapped round me tightly and my wet hair scattered across my pillow, thinking about how I could've changed him. I ignored as Jongin's calls went to voice recording. I realised that Wonsik may not be the cool and collect man I thought he was. And I never want the feeling that our 'love' was a lie just like him. I guess I wanted- No, needed to be by myself for a while.

 

"Aruem, what's up? It's Jongin, give me a ring back. Don't make me come back to that forsaken place just to kick your ." I laughed as the beep went and turned to the other side, letting out a sigh and tucking my hands under my head. I got up and got changed into blue ripped jeans, an over-sized sweater and some beige sandles. Taking my phone and placing it inside my pocket perfectly, I walked down and into the garage. Unlocking and entering the Mini Cooper, I played some tunes that were on the first playlist I saw. After 8 minutes, I parked outside a small cafe and exited the car. When I opened the door, talking from all the teenage girls could be heard loudly and I rolled my eyes. Standing in the que, I took out my phone and just looked through all my apps.

 

"Hi, can I get a latte please? Thanks." As I steppd to the side and waited, a notification came up. It linked me to a magazine website and there I saw a girl with short hair and a small tight skirt but paid no attention to it. I collected my latte after paying and walked a few block to the hair salon.

 

"How may I help you?" The lady at the desk asked with a gentle but fake smile asked. I told her what I wanted and she took me to the chair as the water. "How much do you want off?"

 

"All. I want a new look. A new me."

 

---

 

"Is this what you wanted Miss?" The lady asked as she showed me that back of the hair. My image was different. I liked it. It was and unfimilar and strange feeling but, I still liked it.

 

"It's perfect. It's the new and improved Areum."




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔

Okay guys! I made a trailer ._.

https://vid.me/AvCq 

Nothing big but hope you like it! And if you don't know, I'll be writing oneshots with my sister on BTS' Dope!!

Anyway, any of you watched Attack on Titan? If you have, let's fangirl together! >.<

Hope you comment, subscribe and upvote!

Alex :)