The Warning

Unwanted Mate

Chapter 2
Areum's POV



As soon as I closed my door, I let out a sigh that I've been holding in for what felt like forever. I will admit that he was definitely my mate but I didn't love him. When I first saw him, my inner wolf barked like mad. It was actually quite scary but I loved Wonsik. Wonsik (Ravi) and I have been friends forever and at the age of 15, I finally noticed my feelings for him. I confessed the day that I found out that I love him and he told me the same. We had been in a relationship up until that day. That day messed up my whole life.
 
Flashback 

 

I walked in to the living room all happy with Wonsik but my mood automatically changed when I saw my parents sitting there. It's not that I hate my parents but the treat like a kid and I don't accept it. Ever since they told me that Wonsik is not my mate, I became more rebellious and stopped listening to them. I nodded to Wonsik to leave, he understood and walked out. My parents called me to sit beside them and hesitantly nodded. They looked at each other before Umma spoke.

 

"As you know, Wonsik is not your true mate," she spoke delicately but I rolled my eyes in anger. "And I think it's time for you to meet your true mate. In 2 months you will meet him. His name is Do Kyunsoo and he's 20 years old. You will treat him with respect and 3 weeks after his birthday there will be the mating ceremony."  My eyes widen in shock from what I just heard. I was supposed to get mated to this person that I don't even know?! I didn't know how to respond so I just sat there not moving an inch. Appa reached for my shoulder but I grabbed his wrist. I pressed it so hard that I heard a bone crack. I used my one of my power, telekinesis, and threw him against the wall. I have about 3 main powers that are counted as 'super dangerous'. Umma looked at me in surprise before running up to Appa. I scoffed at the two. 

 

"You don't get me do you? I love Wonsik! Not some idiot that you say is my mate! I don't believe in all that crap! I thought you guys loved me! But you don't love me if won't let me be with Wonsik!" I shouted from across the room. After that it was quiet and I started to feel dizzy before I collapsed.

 

I woke up in my own bedroom after a few hours. I blinked a couple of time to adjust my eyesight to the brightness of the room. As soon as my eyes open I was greeted with arms that I gladly accepted. I stayed in my parents arms until I remembered. I remembered how they were forcing me to be mated. I remembered how they're forcing me to break up with Wonsik.  I remembered how they took it so lightly. I remembered how they expected me to say yes. I remember everything. My eyes turn crystal blue. That means I'm angry. With a flick of my finger, they were both sent across the room in different directions. You would think I would say yes as they're my parents but I barely think of them as my parents. They had always been out working.

 

"Areum! How dare you think you can do that to us! We didn't raise you to be like this!" Appa shouted while helping up Umma. I didn't believe this man. First, he thinks that he can say I'm to be mated to this random guy and second, he says that he raised me?!

 

"Sorry Appa but I would like to correct you on that last statement. You did not raise me, neither did Umma. I would like to say that the closest thing I have had to a mother is my tutor. And the closest thing I've ever had to a father is Jongin. So if you don't mind, do not act like you know me. Like you've been there with me through everything. Because you haven't." I finished all of that with a smirk before walking out of my room. I could hear Umma sobbing while Appa comforted her.

 

End of Flashback

 

After I told them I was closer to my tutor and Jongin, they fired my tutor and they made Jongin move out with his mate. After that, our family was never the same. I became cold, not just to my parents but to everyone. Not because I was afraid to hurt anyone but because everyone annoyed me. They either pushed things to far or took things to lightly. Umma and Appa kept everything to theirselves, I wanted to believe it's because they didn't trust me but I knew it was because my own parents were now scared of me. It is sad to think that I made my own parents scared of me but it was all their fault. The dinner was a complete set-up. They told  me that they were going to apologise but looks like I met my mate instead. My parents made me go on this 'date' with Kyungsoo and I didn't have anything better to do. I wanted to look good, not for him but for me. So I decided to go with this.

     

 

"Hey, you look good!" Kyunsoo complimented as he opened the door for me. It was a floral dress with heels. What was so good about that? Kyunsoo was wearing a plain shirt with knee-high shorts. Something so plain made him look so good. Instead of talking to say thank you, I just nodded. He drove us to this park where there were loads of children. He opened the door for me and I walked in complete amaze. The grass was a lime green and it covered the whole field. He first brought us to this pond where there was swans. They were so beautiful that I just leaned forward to touch their head. The mud was slippery and since I was in heels, this was not good. I was about 4 inches away from the water when an arm grabbed onto my waist and pulled me up. It was Kyungsoo. I was surprised by the strength he had because of his narrow shoulders. Our faces were a few centimetres away before I realised what just happened. It took a while to process.

 

"Thanks, I was so close to fall in the water." I chuckled before looking Kyunsoo in the eyes. His eyes turned a crimson red and my wolf barked, challenging him. I snapped out of my daze and left his hold. I don't know why but I felt very comfortable there. After he brought me to this little café and we both sat down at this couples booth. Typical.

 

"So, why don't we say something about ourselves. I am a soon to be Alpha, my main powers are earth and strength. I have just met my mate and I hope we can get along." He finished that with a gorgeous smile and I really liked it. He looked like a nice person.

 

"My 3 main powers are telekinesis, mind control and illusions. I don't want a mate and I hope you accept that. Don't come near me again because I don't think I could ever love you. This was all my parents idea. I'm sorry that I can't become your ideal mate and I'm sorry if you fall in love with me. Now, I'll be taking my leave." And with that, I got up and left. Kyungsoo just kept on shouting if I need a lift home but I declined and declined. Eventually, we got to the wood and I felt hands round my wrists. The hands pushed me up against the tree and of course, it was Kyungsoo. He was so close to me and I didn't even try to get him off me. I just kept on staring at his lips. Pink, kissable lips. He started leaning and that's when I snapped. On instinct, I threw him towards another tree. He landed with a big thump that rumbled the ground. I turned into my wolf, picked up my clothes and heels and ran. When I arrived home, it was empty as usual. I called my friends and asked if they wanted to meet up tomorrow. They said yes but I wondered.
Where to start?




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔

Second chapter. Longer than the first. Remember to comment, upvote and subscribe.

Alex :)