The Past

Unwanted Mate

Chapter 4
Kyunsoo's POV



Ever since I saw Areum kissing that guy, I've locked myself in my room. I've never felt so hurt, betrayed. My own mate would kiss some else? I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want her to get in trouble. Even though I did catch her, I am still attracted her. She is my mate.

"Honey, can you open the door? You skipped supper yesterday." Umma calls through the door. I get up and walk towards the door. Once I reach the door, I unhook the lock and open it slightly. Umma gasps at my state and rushes in with Yangnyeom Tongdak (Seasoned Fried Chicken). She puts the food on my bedside table and pushes me towards my bed. We both sit down and she puts her hand on my forehead. "Honey, what's wrong? You haven't missed a meal since Ara passed away!" Umma exclaims. Hearing that name hurts my heart. Ara was my best friend for my whole childhood. Around the end of middleschool, I started to get more popular and I started hanging out Jongin (my bestfriend). In highschool, I was voted Kingka but I wasn't mean. I was voted for my kindnss to others. At highschool graduation, Ara didn't show up. Even though I wan't good friends with her, I still worried for her. Two days later, the news came out.


She commited suicide. I had no idea why but I was devestated. I didn't eat for days, almost weeks. About a year later, we moved house. While I was packing up, I found a letter stuck on the back of a frame of Ara and I when we were 7. The letter read this:


Dear Kyunsoo,
                   When you find this, I am already gone. I am sorry that you couldn't do anything. The reason I am gone is because I was bullyed. Not just name calling but fights. I just wanted the pain to end. I wanted to talk to you but they threated me. I missed you so much. You were always so busy with Jongin or with clubs. Whenever I talked to your Mum, she said you were busy. I had a feeling you were ignoring me but I know you weren't. Be careful of Oh Minah, you know her? Oh Sehun's sister. She's the one that threated me. She wanted you but I knew that you were better than that. So she beat me up with her little gang but you kept me going. Seeing you with all those awards made me proud that I can say 'Kyungsoo is my bestfriend'. Please don't show anyone this except for your Mother. She's like my second Mum. Well, I bet you have something to do. I'll watch over you no matter what, okay? I love you, in a friendly way of course. Goodbye Kyungsoo.

Love
      Bang Ara (Your childhood bestfriend) xxx


Once I found out that she was bullyed, I confronted Minah. She was delt with the school because apperently, Ara wasn't the only one she bullyed. I got back on my feet and practiced my combat and powers harder. I wanted to make her proud. I was broken up of my thoughts when Umma nudged me.

 

"I'm sorry, I know your not fully over her and I should-" Umma was cut off when I pulled her into a deep hug. She wrapped her arms around my waist and rubbed my back. When we pulled apart, she gave me and 'explain' look. I sighed in deafeat as I know she is going to win in this argument. I soon told her what I saw and I saw she was ready to explode. After I calmed her down, I told her to calm down and not to tell anyone. At first she was a bit resistent but after a few minutes of persuasion, she finally agreed. She left me to eat my food and I ate it happily after getting it out. I decided to just rest for a few hours and get a proper sleep.

 

Areum's POV

 

After my recent meeting with Wonsik, I have't been able to stop thinking about Kyunsoo.

 

How is he? Is okay? When's our next date?

 

That's what my wolf side has been thinking but my human side is the complete opposite.

 

You don't need him. Worry about Wonsik. You guys have been in love forever!

Yes but is he the true mate? No, he isn't, Kyunsoo is!

Yeah but that's all crap. Follow your heart, not some wolf bull!

But this 'wolf bull' is linked to your heart!

 

 After I went to bed because my head was pounding with the arguments. I woke up and it was around 3pm. I heard my stomach rumble and I took that as a sign. As I walked down the stairs, my stomach started to rumble even more and I remember that I hadn't eaten since my breakfast, which was at 7am. I went downstairs to be greeted by two complete strangers. They bowed to me and I bowed back. I headed to the kitchen to find it empty. I went back up to my room and just changed into camoflage jeans, a white t-shirt, leather jacket and ankle boots. I walked downstairs and reached the door to go outside. While I was looking for my keys, the two strangers blocked the door. I pulled the keys out of my bag and raised my head. The two men stood there blocking my view of the door. I raised an eyebrow before eyeing them up and down. They were muscular but I could take them down easily.

 

 

"We are here to make sure you don't leave the house, Miss," one man states before continuing, "Just incase you try to see Mr Kim Wonsik, Miss!" He says just like a solider. I'm guessing he was in the war by his posture. I chuckle, thinking about Appa just hiring people to guard me. I move to the right, they follow. I move to the left, they do the same. "By the way, we took a pill given to us by the Wolf District to reisest your powers as your Father said you like to use them." Well guess that's out of the option. I guess Appa forgot that I used to take Kraz Manga (a type of martial arts, here's a link if you want to check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hXjr_7bSdg). I slowly backed away until I could feel the wall.

 

I can't believe I'm doing this for food!

 

I slowly started to run until I was at full speed. Once I reached the one of the guards, I jumped and wrapped my legs round his waist. I started to turn my body round his body until I reached his neck. I wrapped my legs round his neck and pulled myself down to the floor. I landed safely on the floor while the guard landed on his face with a hard impact. I got up and dusted my trousers. I turned back around ready to fight the next gaurd but I was greeted by Glock 17 (a handgun). I slowly raised my hands but I wasn't about to give up. I needed food! When my hands were fully up, my right hand reached out and twisted the other guards wrist. I had a clear view of his chest so I created a fist and punched his chest hard. He fell down on the ground clutching his chest. I picked up his gun and put it under my matress. I took my purse and ran out of the house, not wanting to deal with more of Appa's men. I reached the convinence store and walked in. I picked up some Instant Ramen and a bottle of water. I went to pay and stood in the line.

 

"Kim Areum?" someone called. I turn round and this is the person I least expected. It can't be. It is.

 

"No ing way!"




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔

So, Areum's a badass? Hell yeah! Poor Kyungsoo! We find more about Ara in the next chapter! Sorry for the wait, I've been sick recently and with school, it's been a nightmare! Hope I can post next week and stick with me! Please leave a comment, upvote and subscribe!

Alex :)