CHAPTER ONE

The mysterious boy...?
(RULES)


A monday morning is always the busiest from weekdays, half of students even hate it just because their beautiful weekends full of parties came to an end. The roads weren’t crowded but it weren’t empty as well. A fresh smell of coffee could be smell beside roads.

Some students were walking down the Streets while some riding inside the bus but their stop is one which is school. Ofcourse not all students are going to the same school.

The birds chirping and boys laughing filled the air with fresh aroma. Some were walking like lazy asses still being sad over the short weekends and getup forcefully from the bed.


“Here’s your schedule and please cooperate and feel comfortable with the school, and finally welcome to XOXO high school.” The women seems in her thirties changed her usually bored tone to cheerful one.

The girl bowed respectfully before taking the paper gently and went to her class with lovely smile on her sweet lips.

She saw many students in her way, almost all of them seems friendly and well mannered students. When she was walking, suddenly her eyes laid at her shoe lace which held lose. She frowned, its not even the started and this happen.

She went to the wall and bent down, tying her shoe lace. Finally when she stand up, someone bumped her so hardly making her fall down on the floor with a heavy weight on her body, she felt the pain in her head and some of her bones, with some force she opened her eyes but only to meet face to face with a guy who looked at her with wide eyes.

Soon the girl realized how awkward their position was and push the boy to side and standup straight cleaning the clean uniform.

When she finished, her eyes went to the boy who’s still laying down in the same position. She smiled sweetly and held her hand out for him.

The guy smiled energetic and grabbed her hand gladly and standup, now being way too taller then her.

“My name is Park Chanyeol, and yours?” The guy named Chanyeol introduce himself and boldly ask her name.

The girl smiled shyly. “My name is Park Jiyeon. Nice to meet you. I’m actually new here.”

Chanyeol grin even wider making the girl to take one step back. Soon he realized how creepy it was then dictate quickly. “Its nice to meet you too and we even have the same surname.”

They both fell into silence until Chanyeol thought of something.

“Amm you’re new so how about i help you finding your class?”

Jiyeon smiled and handed him the paper. Chanyeol look closely at the paper then smiled warmly.

“Its my class, comeon lets go we had the same class.”

Jiyeon who got surprised at his announce chuckled and followed him behind.


“My name is Park Jiyeon. I transferred to this school because my previous school burned. Please take care of me.” She coaxed loudly with friendliness in her voice.

The students smiled at her with the same friendliness that she used. She spotted Chanyeol with some guy.

She try to search the empty seat and their she spotted a girl waving at her, telling her to sit with her.

Jiyeon carefully take her steps there and smiled at the girl before sitting down.

“Hi my name is Chorong.” The girl that had innocent look introduced herself sweetly.

'Woah she’s really beautiful.' Chorong who didn’t get an answer wave her hand infront of the daydreaming girl to get her back in her sense.

“Oh sorry hi,” Jiyeon said but she still keep looking at the girl. Chorong frowned, she felt weird.

“Is there’s something on my face?” She asked. Jiyeon realized what she was doing smiled apologetically.

“No its just... I... I mean you’re so beautiful.” right after saying, she mentally palm her face. 'Great now she would think i'm lesbian. Way to go Jiyeon.'

But what surprised Jiyeon that the girl smiled more sweetly.

“Thanks and you too are beautiful.” Jiyeon again mentally palm herself. 'Seriously why would she think i’m lesbian just because i say she’s beautiful.'

The class went on with Jiyeon knowing almost her all class fellows. Because they were extremely friendly and also because she’s Chanyeols friend.

The day end with noticing nothing suspicious, but again... Is it possible for almost whole school to be friendly like this. She’s happy but she couldn’t be happy knowing something would be happen.


She went home, lay on her bed. Thinking about the day in school. 'Is it me who’s thinking much or there are really thinks weird and suspicious things happening around me. Like school and then this new school students so friendly... I don’t just get it... Maybe its me who’s thinking too much. Am i desperate to find adventure that I’m hallucinating things now... Its giving me headache.'

She closed her eyes for a while to rest than after make herself something to eat and do her homework.


Next day, she went to school like usual everyone was friendly. She was talking with krystal, the class president.


“I know its weird to ask but why everyone is so friendly here?” She asked.

Krystal blinked, she suddenly had that serious look in her pretty face. “You shouldn’t ask this question...”

Jiyeon who didn’t get what she meant asked again. “Why shouldn’t i ask this quest-”

Even before she could finish her sentence, krystal put her index finger on her lips to make her shut up. It make Jiyeon even more confuse.

“Why are you so suspicious about this... Aren’t you happy that they’re being friendly...?”

Jiyeon shook her head. “I didn’t mean it this way but please could you tell me, i really wanted to know...”

Jiyeon almost sound like begging, krystal gave up and sighed. She motioned Jiyeon to come closer and whispered in her ear.

“I know its sound so weird or even unbelievable but in this school there are unspoken rules, and everyone have to follow those rules, including you. Everyone who is in this school have to follow the rules and if someone didn’t then there are consequences to face... I’ll tell you rules in some private because one of the rule is do not speak about rules around many students especially when they know it so you understand right...”

If Jiyeon was confused before then now she’s beyond confuse but choose to listen, as long as krystal will tell her she don’t mind to wait.

The bell ring for recess, the roar of students could be heard in any class. Krystal quickly grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist dragging her to somewhere only she knows.

Chanyeol eyes glued at their figure, his face somewhat seems like he’s mad at something but his feature changed when one of his friend Kai clung on him.

“What are you looking at like you’ll kill something.” Kai teased the taller man who rolled his eyes and give him a fake punch before heading to canteen.

Jiyeon and krystal ended up at the abandoned side of the school. There’s no sound but their heels on the floor ticking and their breaths. Krystal still didn’t let go of her wrist. She entered in the last class that was located at the end of corridor.

Jiyeon keep staring at the girl to say something and finally krystal began.

“I know you won’t believe but look here. In this school we have three rules. We have to follow these rules no matter what, if not then...”

Jiyeon eyes seemed challenging.

Krystal can see through her what’s going in the lass brain worry got the best and she began to sweat. “If not than!” Jiyeon demanded.

“I-if someone broke the rule then they... Die...”

Everything felt in silence. Nothing could be heard but a cold air brush them. After a minute of silence, Jiyeon crackup a loud laughter clutching her stomach.

After a while when she calm down and wipe a tear which come out from out of control laugh and looked at krystal. She find it a joke and try to search any sign of joke in krystal’s sharp feature but none could be find.

Jiyeon lightly slap the lass arm, telling her to stop joking but the look of fair is what come to her eyes.

Jiyeon felt now that it wasn’t funny and compose herself quickly.

“What are you talking about? Seriously whats so good about rules that if someone won’t follow they’ll die.” Jiyeon still didn’t take the situation seriously.

Krystal sighed, she knows very well that Jiyeon or any new transfer don’t believe in such a things. So she don’t blame the girl infront too.

“I’m serious!” She firmly stated, Jiyeon cocked at her eyebrow. “You take me all the way here just to tell me this... This fairy tale or whatever you call is true and want me to believe it. Who in the world will believe this,”

She stopped for a while a to calm down herself from raising her voice at the girl and continued. “Okay what are these three rules that if one will not follow will die?”

Krystal smirked. 'finally' “Rules are simple.
First:Don’t be mean or rude or disrespect other students.
Second: Never mention the rules in public or never talk about is better but if the the rules are getting told the new student then it should be private.
Third: Never fight and always control your anger. Thats the three rules, if you don’t follow anyone of the rules then you shall die.” She finished explaining. Jiyeon still had that playful look in her eyes.

“So you’re telling me if the students don’t behave then the so-called-good ghost or whatever will kill them. What a good ghost, stopping others from bullying while he’s killing others himself. Its such a great story but seriously who made it?”

This seriously made the girl mad. “You think this is joke, you think its a madeup story i’m telling you by wasting my time? NO!! ITS NOT!!! YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE I WITNESS THE DEATH OF THOSE STUDENTS WHO WERE LIKE YOU DIDN’T BELIEVE AND ENDUP DYING!!!!!... Can’t you believe... Me...”

Jiyeon actually take two steps back flinched at the loud roar. Jiyeon don’t want to believe this. It’s just too fictional for her likes but again she looked at the crying girl infront she didn’t no what to do. She went slowly to Krystal and patted her back.

“I’m telling you this... I’m eager for you to believe this... Because i saw my friend in you... My best friend and just like you she never believed in these rules and one day she said mean words to some teacher... After that, the next day school found her dead body in garden. There’s no prove that someone kill her amd she didn’t have any sickness... Beside her dead body, there lay a small yellow note, written ' rule breaker ' with blood. It wasn’t the first time. Everytime when students die of this school, from hundred percent, ninety percent die because of rule breaking with the same note beside their corpse... Now let me show you school files... Comeon.”

Jiyeon follow Krystal, she now kind of believe what Krystal said. What make her to believe her was Krystal was going to show her proves without hesitation.



Jiyeon was listening to teacher attentively when suddenly someone throw a paperball at her. She decided to ignore it by acting like nothing happen and focusing on the board. It happened again. Still she gave no response to the culprit. It was a third time and she had enough. She irritately take the paper to have a look.

After reading it, her eyes went to the creepy giant who was smiling so brightly despite the fact that the lesson was quit boring for someone like chanyeol.

He waved at her like they didn’t meet for a year now, she chuckled, shake her head at his silliness and when she was gong to focus on the teacher her eyes went to the lonely boy who was shamelessly staring at her for god knows since when. She make a staring contest with him for ten second then decided to ignore it for now. 'How creepy.' she thought.

Chanyeol eyes went to the boy who was staring at Jiyeon and scoffed. Kai who was sitting beside him nudged Chanyeol.

“What’s wrong? Is everything okay?” Kai voice was so low yet with the hint of concern.

“That weird guy is now looking at Jiyeon, whats his problem. He should get a life instead of getting laser out of his owl eyes.” Chanyeol gloated.

Kai just shrug, going to his dreamland leaving frowning Chanyeol behind.

The bell rang and students packed their stuff and run to their little freedom. Jiyeon who was busy putting her books inside the bag suddenly remembered about the new creep boy who keep making a hole in her back with his eyes. She looked behind at seat where she witness him earlier but found it empty.

She darted her attention to her bag, when she was busy packing it, someone suddenly tap her shoulder making her jump from shock. When she realized it was none other then Chanyeol she let out a sigh of relief. Then glared at Chanyeol.

“Why the hell you have to scare me like that, tsk. What do you want?”

Chanyeol acted like he was hurt at her words. “Why so mad, its just a tap. Anyway are you free now?”

Jiyeon looked at him like he’s some kind of fool. “No i’m not. Why?” she asked back.

“I wanted to ask you out, in friendly date but guess next time hu~” Chanyeol grinned and ran away with his bag floating behind.

Jiyeon chuckled and she too went outside the building.


“Argh another tiredful day, sleep come to me.” Jiyeon throw hereself at her cozy bed, her back felt so good and relax in bed after sitting in the chair for four hours.

She missed her parents and thought to call them. She take the phone and dial the number. After four rings, someone answerd. “Hello?”

“Mother... I thought to talk to you before sleep... Are you doing well...?” she nervously asked.

She heard a deep sigh on the other line. “Yes, the work is going well too. Did you study well? You should get good grades. Anyway I’m busy so bye.”

And just like that the phonecall end between mother and daughter, leaving the hurtful moment for the upset girl. She shrug all the thoughts and fell into deep slumber.



Jiyeon walked to school, today she’s excited because she study her maths exam well last night and also because she’s going to talk with the strange guy.

She skipped happily in the class. Chorong stand up when Jiyeon came in and began to skip happily with her. Jiyeon who didn’t understand the reason of Chorong’s happiness decided to ask whats up.

Chorong shrugged. “You’re happy, i’m happy, we’re all happy. Yayyy.” she stated.

She pointed at each and began to laugh without reason again. Jiyeon chuckled at her cuteness before putting her bag in her table and sat down.


After a while she looked where she spotted the strange boy, there he was sitting in his place peacefully but wait was he staring at someone. She followed his gaze and it was on the group of boys who were talking with each other, again she looked at the strange boy.

She standup and slowly take her steps to his desk, she felt nervous, excited, afraid and most of all she had so many questions to ask him which she’s not sure if he’ll answer her or not.

It take a while for her to reach his table and why the hell it had weird feeling like somekind of dark power or whatever but she knows there’s something wrong with the boy making her curious.

Finally she was standing just infront of his desk, his eyes piercing into hers sending shivers down her spine.

“H-hi my name is Jiyeon. What’s yours?” she stuttered.

The boy began to look at someone else. Jiyeon who don’t believe what’s happening keep looking at him. He’s acting like she’s not even there.

“E-excuse me? I ask your name!” this time she sound like demanding to know his answers yet he keep looking away.

Seriously is he going to play silent with me, i won’t leave him until he don’t answer me.

“I’m talking to you... Hello?” She wave her hand infront of his eyes but he keep ignoring her.

This time she got pissed at the boy and nudged his shoulder, he flinch with her touch but compose himself again.

This time she harder poked his arm and he irritately stare at her before looking away again.

Jiyeon had the look of disbelieve, she scoffed before she could say something the lad win her in this.

“Kyungsoo!” he muttered but firmly so she won’t bother to ask anymore question, eyes are still somewhere else.




First chapter, hope you guys like it and thanks for subscribing, commenting and voting. I’m so thankful to you guys ^^