Nineteen

Stranger Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GD

Good thing he was on the phone with Youngbae and was leaning on the small bookshelf because his knees literally went a little weak when he saw her. 

She's wearing this royal blue sundress that just made her skin glow along with her wavy, honeycomb hair that floated around her radiant face like sun flares against the camera lens. He almost thought it wasn't her if it weren't for the ankleboots that roughed up her look and the striking dare of her eyes. 

Jiyong let out an inward sigh. His feet moved before his brain could catch up. He was on her side in a millisecond. Hanging up on Youngbae, he was completely transfixed to the goddess in front of him. 

Today would mark their first act. They have to pick up his parents from the airport. But he just couldn't concentrate on the goal ahead as he was merely captivated by Dara. 

'Get your head in the game, GD.' 

He all but managed to blurt out some lame comment on her looks, even after practicing a million compliment in his head.  Worse? He sounded like an inept teener complimenting his crush. She smiled and giggled nonetheless, and it was worth all the humiliation in the world. The word pretty is blasphemous. Its an understatement of what Dara is.

They got into the car and he just couldn't keep his hands off her and he couldn't shut his mouth either. He couldn't stop admitting how he badly want to kiss her. It is slowly becoming an addiction. He lost his reasoning, pulled her into his arms, and kissed her senseless. 

Lately he's been craving more and more for her to be in his arms, it's almost maddening. She tastes like fresh sunrise and he wanted to crush the goddamn phone when it rang and Dara pulled away. He wanted nothing more but to feel her every inch of skin against his once more. 

His mom was calling. How easily did he forget. 

They're here.

A tiny voice at the back of his mind commanded to abort the mission and save Dara's day. But he's selfish more than anything, cause if he cancel their plan, he will lose her. There won't be any reason for her to stay around with him. Now if lying will keep her close and save him from his parents' whims at the same time, he's willing to sell his soul off to Hades. 

 

 

DARA

She slid out of the car with a fairly poor attempt at concealing her shaking body. She has yet to recover from the soul-wrenching kiss, and now she has to meet his parents and PRETEND to be his girlfriend. She feels sick to the brink. 

"You didn't tell me you'll be bringing such a beautiful lady today, son." An old man with kind eyes muttered under his breath as he stepped forward and extended a hand to her. Dara smiled nervously as she took his hand. 

The old man was an exact replica of Jiyong. His eyes were kind. Her initial fear is quickly vanishing. 

"You..never introduced a girl before Jiyongie, who is she?" A highly sophisticated lady in her early fifties emerged from behind Jiyong's Dad. She looked very..on point. Nothing was out of order: perfect face, perfect hair. They scream of authority and elegance. 

The lady's frown quickly turned to a smile that was warm and charming as Jiyong's and Dara relaxed a bit. 

"Appa, Omma, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Dara Park." 

Dara smiled nervously, bowing at them in respect.

His mom gasped and guilt instantly coursed through Dara's veins at the reminder of the deceitful game she and Jiyong are dangerously playing. 

Jiyong clutched her hand, a clear indication he's sensing her nervousness. He gave her a wide grin and winked. 

"It's nice meet you, Ms. Park." His mom, seemingly confused, managed to compose herself and gave Dara a small smile. 

Dara's heart plummeted into her stomach but GD was quick to smooth his hand up her arm and wrap it behind her waist, tugging her closer to him. 

"Mom please just call her Dara. I know this is all so sudden, but I couldn't let her get away anymore. I'm..in love." He squeezed her waist, giving her a meaningful look. 

Dara flushed. 

"But.." His mom began, frowning worriedly.

"Yeobo, you know how our son is. When he wants something, there's no way he will let it go." Appa Kwon beams at Omma Kwon. 

"But he can't.." 

Uh-oh. This doesn't look good. 

"Your omma must be really exhausted." Appa Kwon interrupted and started pushing them towards where their car was waiting. "Let's hurry home, I'm hungry." He smiled politely at Dara. 

"Great, we'll follow right at your back, Dad. I brought my car." 

"Kwon Jiyong." Omma Kwon called out, "I need a word with you later." 

Oh dear God, she didn't look happy at all. She glanced at Dara briefly and walked away.

Dara knows they're just pretending but why does a small part of her wished his mom would somehow like her? Despite the fact Jiyong's arranged to be married with some girl who probably owns millions of islands, she wished his parents would like her first time they'd see her and decide to call off the marriage or whatsoever. 

Guess her Dad's not the only one who can't take a liking at her. 

Darn it. 

And this she just figured out, she might not stop throwing herself at heartbreaks for this guy.

Aigoo. She's getting the most horrible headache ever. 

 


"Baby?" 

Dara blinked, turning her attention back at the dilemma.

Bwo? Did he just call her BABY????? 

Her heart knotted. 

"Neh?" was so tight her voice was barely above a whisper. 

Jiyong wrapped his arms around her. "Mianhe." 

Dara drew back and glanced up at him.

Those eyes. 

Looking at them makes her feel like there's is nothing else in this world for her. 

What was she even supposed to say? 

God, he's disconcerting her thoughts again. 

She didn't say anything and Jiyong just simply took her hand. 

The crisp air soothing her throbbing head a wee bit. Oh boy. 

 


GD 

The roads are already busy coming and going, Jiyong wondered if the people of New York ever stop. He shook his head, foot pressing down on the brake pedal as the came to a red light. 

He glanced at Dara. She's already sound asleep. She looked terribly exhausted, and hurt. He sighed. 

Lies upon lies. He didn't knew it would be this hard. He wondered which was worse: putting her in such a compromising situation, lying to his family or lying to her that he was gay. 

What happens when they all come snowballing at his feet? 

His Dad was equally smitten but his Mom was a different story. 

Dara had to steel herself against his mom's cold reception and she smiled through it. It pained him tremendously. Because Dara is a girl who wears her heart on her sleeves regardless how strongly she denies it. She's vulnerable to anyone crude enough. She might be living a lie with him now but she's not capable of many. 

But Dara will not be harmed by anyone, not even his mom - not while he has breath left in his body.

The light changed and he stepped harder on the accelerator. An hour later, his white Lamborghini Aventador drove past rows of enormous mansions on Scarsdale and through gates that open automatically. The car came to a smooth stop in front of an immaculately kept, three-story mansion. 

Dara was still asleep. He gazed down at her, brushing his fingers gently across her forehead. He slid out of the car and walked into the passenger side, scooping her up in his arms. 

He's well aware half of his kin are already inside, anxiously waiting for him to introduce Dara but she's too tired already and nothing is more important to him right now than her well-being. 

He strode toward the house. The massive double-door was opened up for him before he could get to it. 

"Hyung!" 

So they're really all here after all. 

"Mino." He smiled at his younger cousin. 

"Is that your girlfriend? Can I meet her now?" Mino nearly jumped at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter