The Newcomer

Sixth Sense

 

“I assure you, it’s going to be great here, Miss Park. The school is fully equipped with state of the art gadgets for great learning experience. Moreover, the teachers here are….” Principal Jung kept talking about the school with Jiyeon.

But, she wasn’t paying attention. She was busy looking around the school compound. Class will start in a few minutes; so many students were busy getting ready. “The students here seem okay,” she muttered.

As they were walking up the stairs, she noticed a large, old tree behind the building. There was a girl too, wearing a classic white dress with her hair tied up in ponytails. The girl was odd looking. What is she doing there anyway? Suddenly, she turned her head towards Jiyeon and looked straight at her. Startled, Jiyeon quickly looked away.

“… So, here is your class, Miss Park. Don’t worry, you’ll fit in soon enough, I assure you,” Principal Jung smiled at Jiyeon. “Let me settle some things with your class teacher first, though…” He nodded as he went inside the class.

Jiyeon rested herself against the hallway wall and looked around her new school surroundings. “This place looks a lot like my old school, why does my parents even bother sending me here?” She muttered, sighing in disapproval. “Ah, what am I saying, I must start anew, I must start anew, I must st-”

“Come in, Miss Park. You’re good to go.” He said, making Jiyeon startled. Principal Jung assured her, holding onto her shoulder. “Well, I think you can do this all by yourself. So, please excuse me.”

Well, here goes nothing…

“Okay class, this is your new classmate, Jiyeon. Please introduce yourself,” Mrs. Kim, a mid-30 yet still pretty teacher, asked her to do what new students usually do.

Jiyeon nodded. “Annyeong.” She froze. Everyone was looking at her, and that was making her nervous. She gathered courage and continued, “My name is Park Jiyeon. I hope we can be friends and please correct me if there’s any wrongdoing. Thank you.” Jiyeon smiled.

“Thank you for introducing yourself, Jiyeon. Now, please be seated beside our Seohyun there,” Mrs. Kim pointed the empty seat next to a quiet but pretty girl. Jiyeon hurried to sit down. Seohyun smiled at Jiyeon.

“Annyeong! I’m Seohyun. Let’s be great friends, shall we?” she chirped in excitement. Well, she doesn’t seem quiet now. Jiyeon nodded in agreement. Well, she does seem nice.

“Okay class; now please give me your attention. Let’s continue…” Mrs. Kim ordered everyone. Jiyeon quickly took out her Biology book, after looking that Seohyun was flipping through her large Biology textbook.

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim,” the whole class echoed. Then, the students quickly go for lunch. Apparently, studying Biology and History for two hours straight was really tiring.

“Jiyeon-ssi, do you want to have lunch with us?” Seohyun asked, as another girl stood next to her, nudging Seohyun’s shoulder. “Oh, mianhae. This is Hara-ssi, our class vice leader.”

“Annyeong. I’m Jiyeon. Nice to meet you,”Jiyeon offered her hand, and was gladly taken by Hara. “Sure, let’s go for lunch.” Jiyeon continued.

The three of them made their way to the cafeteria and bought some food. Hara led their way to a table with two other guys. The girls sat next to each other while the boys sat next to each other too.

“Oh, hello there. I’m Kevin, your class leader.” Kevin, a fine-looking guy, introduced himself.“And this tough-looking but has a soft heart boy is Chansung,” Kevin introduced his friend, which made him got a slap on his shoulder.

“I am NOT.” Chansung rolled his eyes at Kevin. Kevin laughed at his friend. “Where’s Myungsoo, by the way?” asked Chansung curiously.

Curious, Jiyeon asked, “Who is Myungsoo?”

At that exact moment, a guy, a handsome-looking one indeed, came to the table and smiled at Jiyeon, “Did I heard someone mentioning Myungsoo?” He laughed, making Jiyeon blushed, “That’s me. Annyeong, it’s nice to meet you. You’re Jiyeon, right?” Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon nodded shyly. There’s something about Myungsoo that’s making her go shy all of a sudden. Hara noticed; thus making her poked Jiyeon’s shoulder. Hara laughed at Jiyeon’s sudden change of behavior. “Looks like you’ll fit in soon enough,” Hara whispered at Jiyeon and raised her eyebrow. Jiyeon blushed.

“Don’t worry, with us, you’ll be adjusted here soon enough,” Kevin said, in a very leader-like way. “So, we’ll be great friends, right?”

Simultaneously, all six of them nodded in agreement; which made all of them laughed.

“I hope so,” Jiyeon said to herself.

 

I'm sorry for such a short, and boring, chapter. Terrible writer, am I? T__T I thought, maybe I should update it before the exams so that I won't feel burdened by this. Oh well, do wait for me! Kyaa~