The Sighting

Sixth Sense

 

It’s been a few weeks since Jiyeon moved to this school. But, Jiyeon couldn’t help but feel weird about the large, old tree behind the school building; which, coincidently, was just located near her classroom. She could even see it from her seat, since she sat next to the window.

 

“Jiyeon, you’re sure you don’t want to go for lunch?” Seohyun asked, worried about her. How can she not eat, when learning is quite tiring, even to a bookworm like herself?

“It’s okay. I don’t have the mood to eat. Besides, I ate a large breakfast before I went to school,” Jiyeon smiled to make Seohyun and Hara feel assured.

“Do you want me to buy you anything then?” Hara asked, as she felt responsible for her classmate’s wellbeing. “How about some juice?” Hara asked.

“It’s okay, I did bring along some water from home,” Jiyeon said as she took out her bottle from her bag. “You guys should go to the cafeteria now then, if I’m hungry, I’ll go there.” She said as she smiled at both of them.

After they left, she took out her book and did some reading. But then, she felt bored. She couldn’t concentrate on reading. Simultaneously, her head turned towards the window. She looked out and her eyes went straight at the tree.

And there she was, the same girl Jiyeon saw when she first came to this school.

The girl, with the same clothes she wore on that day, looked straight at Jiyeon. Jiyeon startled. She felt like that girl knew that Jiyeon was looking at her. Jiyeon started to feel chills on her body. Something wasn’t right about that girl.

“Jiyeon… are you okay?” someone said to Jiyeon, making her jumped up in surprised. She turned around to see Myungsoo behind her. Myungsoo sat down in front of her. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to surprise you.” He said as he scratched his head and grins sheepishly.

“Oh, it’s okay,” she replied back with a straight smile on her face.

“Why won’t you go for lunch break?” Myungsoo asked her since she was still in the class. “Aren’t you hungry?”

“I don’t feel like it,” she answered nonchalantly and continued to look outside. “Hey, do you know that girl, by the tree there?” she asked him as she looked at him.

Myungsoo got up and looked through the window. He shook his head. “Err… there isn’t any girl at the tree,” he said to her as he bit his lip. He looked at her. “Are you okay?” he asked.

Jiyeon looked outside again, and he’s saying the truth. There wasn’t any girl at the tree. Jiyeon was surprised. She definitely knew something wasn’t right. She just nodded her head at Myungsoo’s question.

Suddenly, the door behind their class slammed shut, making a very loud and surprising noise. Both of them jumped in surprise after the doors closed by itself. They both looked at each other. Jiyeon was afraid.

“I think we better head to the cafeteria now,” Jiyeon said as she pulled Myungsoo out of the class. Myungsoo didn’t understand what just happened. But, Jiyeon perfectly knew what exactly just happened.

And, it isn’t good for any of them.

 

 

Myungsoo just finished his basketball practice behind the school. Chansung was supposed to wait for him, but Chansung left him behind.

“Aish, Chansung… how can you forget me? Haish, next time I will leave you behind. Just wait,” Myungsoo mumbled to himself as he walked out from the court. He walked until he reached the large tree. He stopped his footsteps when he heard something.

“Myungsoo-ah…”

He heard someone calling him slowly… and creepily. His heart stopped momentarily. He looked behind to see who was calling him. “Is anyone there?” he asked nervously. Then, he looked at tree. He smiled to himself. “Chansung, stop hiding. I know you did it,” he said as he approached the tree consciously.

He went around the tree. He was so shocked to see a lifeless body of a girl, hanging from one of the branches. The sight grew creepier as suddenly, the head turns towards him and gave him a haunting smile.

Myungsoo was frozen. He doesn’t believe that ‘things’ like this could happen to him. He couldn’t even move a muscle as he was so shocked.

Suddenly, he felt a sudden grasp on his shoulders. He turned around to see Chansung, laughing at him.

“Yah, what are doing behind this tree?” Chansung asked jokingly and continued to laugh.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and smacked Chansung on his shoulders. Chansung fell down. “Where did you go? Can’t you even wait for me?!” he asked Chansung and his held his chest. His heart was beating rapidly.

Chansung got up and dusted off his pants. “Ah, I thought leaving you behind would be fun. Seems like someone is crying like a baby for being left behind,” he jokingly said after looking at Myungsoo’s grieve-stricken face. “Looks like you just saw a ghost.” He said, as if he knew Myungsoo did saw one.

“I didn’t. I’m just… tired. Let’s go home.” He said as he pulled Chansung and walked away together from the tree. He kept looking behind to see if that ‘thing’ is still there. Like what usually happened in the movies, there wasn’t anything there.

“Weird. What happened just now was weird.” He said to himself on the way home.

 

A/N : Ahh, sorry for not updating this for a long time. Too much focusing on my tumblr other fanfic. And, sorry for quite a boring update too. Ah, this happens when you don't update quickly when you got a great idea. :/

Anyway, feel free to read my other fanfic - Fall for You :D