The Past Hurts

Sixth Sense

 

Jiyeon looked outside through the car’s window, at the clear sky, wondering how it would feel like if she was able to fly. She wanted to fly away from the harsh, unfair world. She kept mute from listening to what her parents were talking about. Obviously, they wanted her to be nice and good at her new school. And not to create any trouble too. Like what she did at her old school.
 
But, it wasn’t her who did it. She didn’t do anything at all. She was totally innocent.
 
It was her who did it.
 
 
 
“Jiyeonnie…” the voice was getting more loud, and creepier. She was teasing Jiyeon, and making her freaked out. “Why are you running away from me, Jiyeonnie…?”  She was getting impatient. “I thought you were my friend.” Then, she laughed. Her laugh was menacing, and scary. Chills were running down Jiyeon’s spine.
 
Jiyeon kept running away from the ‘thing’. It was scaring the hell out of her. She had already caught her friends, Minji and Hyeri. Only God knows what she did to them. The last thing she heard from them was, “Jiyeon, run away! Quick…!”  After that, she could hear them screaming at the top of their lungs. And it was the scariest screams she had ever heard.
 
Then, she realized she was getting near to the school building’s door. She gathered her strength and ran faster to the door. Finally, she reached the door. Then, she tried to open the door. It was locked. She turned the doorknob around hard, but it couldn’t even open. Tears were streaming down her face.
 
“Help! Help!” she cried, with her voice that was barely able to come out. She kept turning the doorknob, hoping it would just open. Suddenly, she heard the voice slowly coming at her. Jiyeon looked over her shoulder, but she wished she hadn’t.
 
The hallway’s lights were slowly turning off one by one, as a small figure with a long, messy black hair came crawling slowly and creepily. “Jiyeonnie, don’t leave me…” The figure stopped crawling and showed her face at Jiyeon. There were no eyes at all, only to be replaced with holes and blood dripping off from them. A creepy crooked smile was formed on the face, making Jiyeon shivered with coldness.
 
Quickly, Jiyeon faced the door, away from the figure. “Open the door!” Jiyeon cried. With her last remaining strength, she tried to open the door. Again, she failed. Suddenly, she froze on the spot. She felt a blast a cold wind coming from behind her. Her neck went stiff when she felt a sudden cold wind blew onto it. Then, she heard a heavy breathing behind her.
 
“Jiyeonnie, don’t deny it... You can see me, can’t you?” The voice asked her, making her tremble with fear. “You have the talent, Jiyeon. And no, you can’t run away from it…”Suddenly, the figure stood beside her. Jiyeon could see half of her scary eyes and crooked smile. Jiyeon closed her eyes and continued to open the door. After a few more attempts, she still failed. Jiyeon sat on the floor, grabbing her knees to her and cried on her knees.
 
The figure continued to laugh at her, but she didn’t even harm Jiyeon at all; which made Jiyeon felt weird.
 
After was seems like it had been days, the door opened and a female bodyguard was in front of the door. Without any hesitation, Jiyeon quickly ran out and fell unconscious in front of the bodyguard. "Help them...," that was all she could spoke.
 
 
 
“Jiyeonnie, we are here now,” Mr. Park raised his voice because Jiyeon wasn’t paying attention. “Jiyeon!”
 
Jiyeon startled and quickly get back to reality. “Oh, we are here already…” She looked out at her new school. “Doesn’t seem any different to my old school,” she spoke to herself.“Guess I better get going now,” she said to Mr. and Mrs. Park.
 
“Are you going to be okay, Jiyeonnie?” Mrs. Park asked her, out of concern.
 
Jiyeon nodded and smiled at her parents, making them felt assured. “I can handle it, Mom.”
 
Quickly, she grabbed her backpack and got out of her car. She turned around and waved goodbye at her parents. After they left, she faced the gate of her school. She sighed.
 
“Well, here we go again.”