The Name is Bond. James Bond

I'm Here to Bash Your OC (In the Head)

Names.

It would be easy just to give you a list and say, 'here are the ones I hate, take it and exorcise it'.

But...apparently I have to elaborate. 

 

First on my hate-list is Mei.

 

Basically the backup name for like half of the Chinese OCs on this site.

 

And mei I just mention one little fact...

 

NOT EVERY CHINESE GIRL IS NAMED MEI. 

 

There is usually just one thing that 'dem authors are trying to do with all their 'ameizing' Meis.

 

Mei (li) basically means 'beautiful' in Mandarin Chinese. 

 

Okay, firstly, sugarpie-

 

That is naming your OC 'yeppeo' or 'bootyful beautiful', or whatever kids like to call it these days and may the heavens help you if you actually decide to name your OC 'Mei Li.'

I will come after you and burn down your computer.

 


Second on my list is Sarang.

Another meaning one.

YOUR OC IS LITERALLY NAMED LOVE. 

Sure, Sarang is a legit Korean name. There's even an actress named Kim Sarang (thanks, Wikipedia).

But do a hundred fanfiction authors really have to name their OCs 'Sarang'?

What if a lot of people in your country were named Love? Imagine his/her best friend on a date...

'Damian, what's really important to you?'

'Well...love.' *Cue le Damian looking dreamily into girlfriend's eyes*

3...2...1

SLAP.

'BOIII WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE TRY'NA HOOK UP WITH MA BEST FRIEND?!'

'Emma, I-'

'NOOO BISH YOU SAID IT OOOH HONAY YOU IN TROUBLE'

'Em, what the-'

'OHH NO BOII I'M DUMPIN' YA'

*Coughs* You see the problem yet? YOU SEE IT? Good.

...

*Shakes a fist* Don't give me that look. 

The final name, and possibly the worst is...

Drum roll, please!

*Crickets chirp*

*Tree falls down*

*OCs giggle their stupid-as-hell high pitched giggles*

...is Hana. *sighs*

A great name, sure. Nice-sounding and all.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY FICS I'VE COME ACROSS WITH A GIRL CALLED HANA.

UGHHH. If I had a dollar for every time an OC's been named Hana, I'd have enough to buy G-Dragon's mansion.

A typical OC bashing morning:

Me: Oh, this looks interesting, I guess.

*Clicks on first chapter*

'As the white horse nickered and trailed behind Baekhyun, he came face to face with none other than the notoriously insane Min Hana, who had been eating the horse food that morning.'

'...none other than the notoriously insane Min Hana...'

'...insane Min Hana...'

'Hana...'

HANAHANAHANABANANAHANAHANANANANABATMAN

*SCREAMS AND TEARS OUT EYES*

All jokes aside, if you name your OC Hana, nobody will remember her. EVER. EVARRRR.

Ugh. I'm so worked up right now *flips hair* I can't even keep writing this chapter. The spaces between lines even got smaller. 

...

 

photo TaehyungKillMaself_zps133a2a84.jpg

Credits for memes go to respective owners.