Chapter 5 - Jealousy

"Umma!" "Appa!"

Chapter 5

 

Okay I changed from ~~~ to Dae which means ‘strength’ in Korean. I would have chosen a more ‘feminine’ Korean name but I wanted it to start with a ‘D’ to match with Dujun and Doori. This was the only one that I was able to find, if you know any other names that begin with a ‘D’ that’s Korean please message or comment below! Why am I writing this when I have midterms to study for? It's because I have reading week right now and I aced my physics midterm!

 

Jamming to: Single [COVER] – ZE:A. Kevin Kim, you can be my boyfriend until we get married because then you’ll be my husband afterwards <3 Oh fangirl dreams of mine :3

 

Her screamed echoed throughout the park. Due to the sudden noise, Hyungshik automatically woke up and started crying. Dae instantly attempted to calm him down. Yoseop stole Hyungshik and began making goofy faces. Dujun began popping behind Yoseop’s shoulder and even encouraged to call him ‘Poojun’. Dae’s hand slowly went up to the red mark on her face. “So this is how you treat me? I’m your best friend yet you decide to have with my boyfriend!” She yelled loud enough for everyone in the entire park to hear. “You knew I loved him, how can you do something like this? You manipulating, seducing – ”

 

“That’s enough.” A cold voice said. It was Junhyung. He placed his arm on Dae’s shaking shoulders. Never had she been so humiliated before or accused for stealing another person’s man. “They are the adopted parents Hyori. You should know that word, adopted; I mean you were an adopted child too weren’t you?” Junhyung replied coldly. He knew that he was rubbing salt onto Hyori’s wound. It was known throughout their school that she was adopted since her parents were a Caucasian couple. She narrowed her eyes and spun towards the both of them.

 

“Why you two?” She demanded. Dae assumed that their friendship was over and she was alright with it. Now she was able to have more time for herself. “I found Hyungshik around here and nobody was running after it. So I took it home. Dongwoon came over because you two broke up and then Hyungshik claimed that Dongwoon was the father of this baby. We checked with Child Services and there was no notice about a missing baby. We couldn’t take it to the orphanage because he already claimed that we were his parents. Technically we are also adults (AN: this part I’m not sure, let’s just assume in Korea that once you’re 18 in Korean age you are an adult) so we were able to sign the paper work.” Dae explained while rubbing her cheek slightly. Junhyung handed her his coke bottle and she placed it against her cheek.

 

She muttered a small ‘thanks’ as she placed the bottle next to her cheek. Dae’s eyes narrowed slightly at the girl. “What makes you think that I will be stupid enough to get pregnant right before school is over? Don’t you know me well enough that I wouldn’t do something like this? What makes you think that I would do something like this to Dongwoon?” Dae managed to say in an even tone. “Dujun, Dae is kind of scary.” Yoseop shuddered. “Yeah,” Dujun agreed “I’ve never seen her like this.” He continued, turning his attention back to Hyungshik while whispering ‘It’s Poojun~’.  

 

Hyori’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly. Never had she heard Dae so insulted or angry. “B-but how could this happen? WHY? Did you break up with me because of this?” Hyori demanded, pointing a finger at Hyungshik. “This is Hyungshik.” Dongwoon replied pointing at Hyungshik who was being transferred over to GIkwang. “No I did not break up with you because of him, I only knew about Hyungshik after we broke up.” He replied. “Now if you don’t mind Hyori, we have to go back home for dinner.” Dujun said cheerfully as he led them back home.

 

Dujun’s POV

 

“It’s going to be alright.” I repeated over and over again while rubbing my sister’s shoulders. We were walking back home with Hyungshik in the stroller. Hyungshik was quiet but he kept on glancing over at his ‘umma’ wondering what’s wrong. “You guys should take him to the doctor.” Gikwang butted in. “You guys should know how old he is, when is his birthday, his blood type…” He said trailing off as Junhyung gave him a slight glare telling him that right now wasn’t the best time to discuss about Hyungshik.

 

“But what about if she tells everybody at school?” Dae asked. “I really don’t want people coming up asking me if I was pregnant or not.” She sighed. “Hey, if she claimed she was your best friend she wouldn’t tell others.” I tried, attempting to cheer her up.

 

The rest of the walk was quiet. I think they were both too stressed from what happened today. I glanced over at Dongwoon who was walking slightly ahead. Hyungshik was playing with the tiger which looked exactly like the one from my sister’s room. It was her favourite stuffed toy she had when she was younger. “Hey, you’ll be alright okay? You’re my sister after all.” I said trying to encourage her. She didn’t look at me, instead she fell back walking with Junhyung who put his arm around her. She and Junhyung were quite close. Most people would have thought that they were dating but they wouldn’t hesitate to correct that they had a sibling like relationship. I would often be jealous of Junhyung because he sometimes acted like a better brother compared to me.

 

“Hyung, can you come over here for a moment?” Dongwoon asked. “Yah, Dongwoon you don’t have to call me hyung, I’m younger than you.” I chuckled as I caught up to him. “But you act like my older brother so I should call you hyung.” He argued. “Anyways, don’t be jealous of Dae and Junhyung. I know that you miss when you were the only one protecting Dae.” He stated. “How’d you know?” I whispered. “You have that look in your eyes whenever she goes to Junhyung.” He replied. “Don’t worry, I’m sure Dae relies on you more.” He smiled.

 

I glanced behind me and I saw Gikwang, Yoseop and Hyunseung giving me a ‘fighting’ pose. I then glanced over at Junhyung and Dae who were in front of them. Junhyung exchanged glances with me and sent me a small smile. I picked up my vibrating phone and realized it was a text from him. It read: Dujun-ah, don’t worry. Dae’s just worried about what’s going to happen now. Protect her from Hyori okay?

 

When we arrived home, dinner was all set up. “Dongwoon, Dae can you guys sit with us for dinner? We need to discuss about how you guys are going to handle your school life with Hyungshik.” My mom requested. I grabbed my plate and bowl and filled it up with what I wanted for dinner. I then proceeded to the living room where I waited for the Junhyung, Hyunseung, Yoseop and Gikwang.

 

Dongwoon’s POV

 

“So he’s going to stay at Dongwoon’s place right?” Dae’s dad asked. I nodded in reply, not wanting to be rude to talk while my mouth was full. “I think we still have Dongwoon’s crib.” My mom replied trying to ease the expense. “Dongwoon, do you have a part time job?” Her dad asked. “Yeah, I work at a bookstore.” I replied. “Dae, do you have a job?” My mom asked. She nodded. “I work at a furniture store during Friday nights and the weekends.” She replied after swallowing her food. “How are you guys going to divide the expenses?” Her dad asked. “There’s daycare, diapers, clothes, the list goes on and on.” My dad said, ticking off his fingers. “I can take care of him on Mondays and Tuesdays.” Doori suggested. “I don’t have any classes that day anyways.” She smiled.

 

The dinner was long and the discussion was even longer. We finally settled that Doori would take care of Hyungshik on Monday and Tuesdays. We would then have to send him to a daycare for the rest of the week. Dae could pick him up after school. We would also have access to each other’s homes in order to visit Hyungshik. She would take care of him until I came back from working. Then I would stay until 9PM and take Hyungshik back home. Once Dae’s shift ended on the weekends she would come over to my place to help me take care of him.

 

“Dongwoon you have the keys to go back home by yourself right?” My mom asked as she was about to leave. I nodded. I decided to stay at their place for today. It would be a good idea to bond with Hyungshik. I was wearing Dujun’s clothes as a substitute for pyjamas. As the door closed I walked over to Dae’s room who was working on her homework. Hyungshik was asleep. A crib was set up in her room which was next to her bed. I sat down and looked at her room.

 

“Hey, isn’t this from middle school?” I asked her as I picked up a picture of her and her brother in their graduating outfits. She glanced up from her calculator and nodded. “Yeah that was a good picture of us.” She smiled looking over at it. “Is it alright if I lie down on your bed?” I asked her. “Yeah sure.” She replied with a wave of her hand, giving her attention back to her physics homework. I picked up Hyungshik from the crib. He was changed into Dujun’s baby clothes which thankfully her mom didn’t dump out. “You know, he kind of looks like you.” I said as I glanced at his eyes. “His eyes are big like yours but he has thin lips like me.” I stated as I looked at our adopted son. She stretched a bit as she placed her pencil down.

 

She then sat in front of me and took Hyungshik from me. She nodded in agreement. “Maybe that’s why he believes that we are his parents.” She giggled. “The great Dae giggles!” I announced softly. She shook her head at me. “Okay, go back to oppa’s room. He’s probably bored out of his mind.” She said as she pushed me out of her room. I nodded and walked over to Dujun’s room. I pulled the mattress next to his bed and I checked my phone. 32 new text messages. 17 missed calls. It read. In shock I unlocked my iPhone and began scanning through the texts. Most of them read: Dude, I heard that you and Dae have a kid. Congrats! I felt the blood rush away from my face. I’m dead meat starting tomorrow.

 

Dujun emerged from his personal bathroom. “Dongwoon, what’s the matter?” He asked. “People at school already know about Hyungshik.” I whispered. His eyes narrowed. “Hyori.” He mumbled angrily under his breath. Before I could tell him anything else, the lights turned off.

 

TEASER FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

 

A slap echoed through the hall, but it was much different from yesterdays. This one sounded much stronger. Sobs followed after that as students stared at the fallen victim. Incoherent murmurs began running through the crowd. One person pushed through the crowd of people and shook their head. They picked up the victim and brought them back onto their feet. They pushed past the crowd and ran as fast as possible once they left the school.