Chapter 3 - At Your Service

"Umma!" "Appa!"

Chapter 3

AN: Before I start this chapter, thank you for all those who have subscribed! Special thanks to sapphireflame29, ktothepop and kangalee for your comments! I really do appreciate and love all of them! I hope you guys like the poster I made. I am not a graphics or writing major. I’m studying to become an optometrist. Also the girl in the picture is Taeyeon from Girls Generation. I used her because she is honestly the most adorable girl ever. She is also my personal bias in Girls Generation. Although I’m not a sone, I just think she’s really cute.

Before I get to the story, do I have any ze:a fans that are reading this? If so, PLEASE MESSAGE ME. I AM IN NEED OF SOME ZE:A’S TO FANGIRL WITH. It’s because ZE:A is releasing All Day Long in Japan and another song in Korea. For those who don’t know ZE:A, you probably know of Dongjun and Kwanghee. They are members of this group called ZE:A or Children Of Empire. You should check out their songs ‘Heart for 2’ and ‘All Day Long’ by them. Anyways, onto the story!

However please check out Heart for 2 :D

 

 

 

“Please, take a seat.” The man said as he sat across from Dongwoon and I. Hyungshik was on my lap and he was playing with my fingers happily.

 

“Tell me, how did you find this baby?” He asked in a bored tone. He probably had to ask that every time. “I was walking home with my brother after school.” I began shakily. Dongwoon glanced at me for a moment probably confused to hear the lack of confidence in my voice. I was nervous. How was I supposed to explain all this?

 

I took a deep breath. “Then I heard some crying from a basket.” I said pointing to the stroller on the side. “So I went over to the basket and found that there was a baby inside. I glanced around and realized that there was nobody running after him. I guess the parents just left him. Then all of the sudden he started calling me ‘umma’.” I stopped because he raised an eyebrow. “He called you ‘umma’? Are you sure you’re not making this up?” He asked. “OF COURSE NOT!” Dujun stormed in.

 

“And I presume you’re her brother.” He stated lazily, sliding his glasses further up his nose. “Yeah I am.” He replied narrowing his eyes. “Oppa, stay out of this.” I hissed. “Then I came over and the baby started calling me ‘appa’.” Dongwoon finished. “We don’t know why the baby started calling us his parents since it was the first time we saw him.” He added. “So what you’re saying is that you never saw this baby before?” He replied slowly. We both nodded at the same time.  

 

As if on cue, Hyungshik smiled at me with his arms stretched out. “UMMA!” He cried happily hugging my stomach. Dongwoon took notice and tried to pry Hyungshik off of me. “APPA!” He beamed scooting over to Dongwoon’s lap. The man across from us sighed. He pulled out papers. He glanced at Hyungshik. “May I?” He asked us. I nodded as Dongwoon shrugged in agreement. He leaned over the table to pick up Hyungshik. When Hyungshik realized that Dongwoon and I were no longer within arm’s reach he began wailing. He also began kicking and tears were streaming down his face. Dongwoon couldn’t take it anymore and took Hyungshik back.

 

He began his cheek until Hyungshik calmed down. Hyungshik’s sobs turned into hiccups. “A-a-appa.” He hiccupped resting softly into Dongwoon’s chest. “Would you like to adopt the baby then?” The man stated. Our eyes bulged out. “We can’t adopt a child! We haven’t even graduated high school yet!” I exclaimed. “So you want to send him to an orphanage then?” He continued. “No.” Dongwoon stated firmly. I looked at him with a confused expression. He looked at me for a moment. “We can’t abandon him he thinks that we are his parents. He already lost his original ones and to him we are his parents. That would be too heartless. Can you imagine losing 4 parents in one day?” He continued. I bit my lip.

 

Although Hyungshik was adorable I was just worried about what my parent’s reaction was going to be like. I glanced back at Hyungshik who was entertaining himself by playing with Dongwoon’s sleeve. I sighed. “Okay.” I agreed. “Let’s be Hyungshik’s new parents.” I managed to smile. Dongwoon gave a small smile back and turned towards the man who was holding the papers. “We’re ready to sign.” He replied.

 

He handed us the papers and it was the basics. Name, address, date of birth, health card, phone number, cell phone number, emergency contacts and so forth. Since I was 18 I was able to sign the paper. I handed mine in and Dongwoon finished shortly after me. “Congragulations, he is your new son.” He said as he walked out the door. “I will give Dongwoon the adoption papers by mail.” He replied before he left.

 

Once he left we began discussing about Hyungshik. “Where is he going to stay at?” I asked. “My house.” Dongwoon stated firmly once he glanced at our apartment. “Your apartment isn’t big enough since you have 5 people living here.” He added softly. I nodded slightly in agreement. “Will your parents mind though?” I asked. “Well they always wanted another child but that never happened.” He chuckled softly. “I’ll tell them to come over right now.” He replied. I nodded. “I just hope my parents are alright with the idea that I’m a parent before I’m married.” I replied.

 

“When is his birthday going to be?” Dongwoon asked. “How about today?” I asked. “We don’t even know how many months he is.” Dongwoon pointed out. “Good point. We’ll check with the doctor.” I nodded. “Excuse me, I have to call my parents.” Dongwoon said as he got up. He entered the kitchen and I was able to pick up pieces of his conversation. “At Dujun’s house… come over… important… son… later… bye.”

 

Dujun ran back over to Hyungshik. “SHIKIE!” He called spreading his arms wide. “POO!” Hyungshik’s eyes lit up when he saw Dujun’s face. Dujun’s smile and facial expression turned sour. He grumbled back while walking back to his room. Doori came over. “Doo-ri.” She said slowly. “POOOOOOOOO-ri.” Hyungshik smiled back. She shook her head. “Goo-ri?” He tried this time more hesitant. She shook her head again and his eyebrows knitted in frustration. He kept on getting Doori’s name wrong and every time he did he would be more frustrated with himself. He started kicking and squirming in my grasp.

 

“DONGWOON! HELP!” I yelled. Hyungshik began whining as Dongwoon took him. “Hyungshik, Hyungshik it’s alright. Appa’s here.” Dongwoon cooed softly. I sighed in relief. I heard the door unlock and I froze in my spot. My parents were here. “Dae, why are Dongwoon’s parents here and why are they talking about a baby?” My father asked sternly. I saw my mother’s puzzled expression followed by Dongwoon’s parents who were just equally as confused. Their jaws dropped when they saw Dongwoon coming in with Hyungshik.

 

“There’s something we have to tell you about. That boy, Hyungshik, believes that we are his parents.” I said, glancing down at my feet. As if on cue, Hyungshik began crying and I could feel rays of disappointment coming from my father’s face.

 

Sorry that this isn't really much of a 'cute' chapter, but I have to get started on the plot :)