Chapter 5

Somewhere Only We Know

Kris POV

 

I got up extra early and raced over to Isabel’s hut because knowing her she’s an early riser. Waiting for Isabel I tried to think about how to start a conversation with her after last night’s talk. I was never really the one to spark up a conversation with her because I was always afraid that I’d say something stupid in front of her. 

 

The front door swung open to reveal Isabel in a straw hat, sunglasses, a small white shirt that stopped above her belly button, a long peach coloured skirt and I’m assuming she was wearing sandals. She locked the door and dropped the keys into her bag and started walking. She didn’t even look at me. 

 

I caught up to her but I didn’t know what to say to her. I walked by her side to a morning diner and when we walked in the waitress greeted us. Isabel smiled as a response then she asked us, “Table for two?”

“No”

“Yes”

We answered in unison. 

 

She looked at me weird and I answered the waitress again. She led us to a two seating table with a view of the beach. The waitress took our orders and when she left I was going to say something but Isabel pulled out her phone and in the next second she was having a conversation with someone called Felix. 

Throughout the whole of breakfast she was basically on the phone with him. She walked out of the diner not looking so happy and as I followed her out she started to slow her pace down. She was walking towards the beach and then she completely stopped. She looked at me waiting for me to say something. Surprised I just looked at her. 

“Are you gonna follow me around for the rest of the day or do you have something to say to me?”

“I.. uhh… Well I wanted to ask you a few more questions”

“What are you, a cop?” She was starting to get angry and giving me attitude. 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s supposed to mean that you don’t just show up in my life after 7 years and start asking me questions about it. Do you realise that I changed myself to get rid of that life.”

“Get rid of that life?” now I could feel myself getting sassy

“Look Kris, I’m sorry if I made you upset but I need some time to myself.” and she walked off. 

 

The goal was to be friends with her again not to be pushed away. This is not the way I planned things and it’s not helping that she’s giving me attitude. 

 

Isabel POV

I walked down the beach, lay out me towel and sat on it. Hugging my legs and resting my head on my knees I was starting to contemplate whether I had made the right choices. 

 

Back in high school I was never open about my feelings or my opinions, which made it harder for me to admit that I liked Kris. After the plane crash, the saying ‘Out of sight, out of mind’ did work. The longer I was away from my old life, the more I forgot about Kris and my feelings for him. But seeing him again, I think those feelings that I buried are starting to resurface. 

 

I want to be friends with him again, possibly something more but, he’s asking me the wrong questions. I want him to know me as the person I am now, not what I used to be. Asking about the past hurts, even more when you don’t have anyone by your side. 

 

I was always dependent on my parents because I didn’t have any close friends, I never had the social skills to keep a long lasting friendship until Liv came along. But then again, I don’t really consider her a close friend either. I don’t know any of her deepest secrets, nor does she know mine, we never had sleepovers or a girl’s night out or anything like that. I looked to my parents for a good time because they knew exactly what made me happy or how to cheer me up in a ty situation. But after graduating, I learned that if I want to move on in life then I have to know how to be independent. And since then I haven’t made any friends (only acquaintances in the workforce) nor have I had any boyfriends. I’ve accepted the possibility that I might die one. 

 

Kris POV

I just stood there and watched Isabel sit on the beach. 

 

What have I done? I’m just making her mad at me…

 

- - -    - - -

A/N: Subscribe, comment, upvote and thanks for reading :)