Chapter 2

Somewhere Only We Know

Isabel POV

I was invited to the Chanel presentation as a guest tonight and I thought it would be like any other show I’ve been to, until I saw him. At first I thought I was seeing things but after I got a clearer view of him, I’m sure it’s him. 

 

He was wearing a navy suit and a white blouse with a tie and his black hair raised, but the thing that stood out to me the most was his earring. 

 

*Flashback*

 

“Just ask your mum to buy it instead of sitting in front of the screen whining about it.” Nate said with annoyance. 

“How can I ask her to buy me a tiny cross earring that costs almost $700.” Kris said that but I knew deep inside he would not give up until he got it. He sighed and closed the window on the computer screen and leaned back into the chair. 

 

- - -    - - -

 

We spent Kris’ birthday at the park, having a barbecue and cutting the cake. It was time to pass his birthday presents and I was last. Nathan had bought him a leather wallet and Liv gave him a Versace cologne and a black beanie. 

 

I handed him the small gift bag and smiled at him, “Happy birthday Donuts.”

He smiled as he took the paper bag in his hands and as he flipped the bag upside down, a black box fell into his palm. He opened the box and when he looked inside, he looked slightly confused.

“Do you like it?” 

“You really got this for me?” he looked adorable, the little sparkle in his eyes as he looked at me. 

“Yea, it’s your birthday. I didn’t know what to get you so I got you something you’d want.”

He suddenly got up and hugged me tightly. “Thank you so much” he whispered in my ear. Shocked by his sudden actions I froze. After registering the fact that he was hugging me I slowly hugged him back. “You’re welcome”

 

I’d spent $695 on that pair of Chrome Hearts Cross Earrings for him. I didn’t mind the price, as long as I made him happy. I was really shocked that he had hugged me because never had he touched me before and the hug he gave made me feel giddy inside. 

 

*End of Flashback*

 

He’s still wearing it. Kris…

 

It’s been 7 years since I’ve seen him, it’s nice to see that he’s healthy and happy. I wonder how Olly and Beau are. 

 

I was admiring the new accessories and I caught a glimpse of him again, Why is he following me? Does he recognise me? I walked in the other direction to get a glass of wine, hopefully he won’t recognise me. Surely he won’t, I was told that I look completely different after my surgery so hopefully… It’d be better that way. 

 

Kris POV

She walked away… is she avoiding me? I followed her to the bar and tapped her on the shoulder. she turned around and looked at me with a blank face. 

“Can I help you?”

 

Her voice was the same. She’s so beautiful. 

 

“uhh… um.. My name’s Kris W-” “Sorry, is he bothering you?” Dammit Olivia! leave me alone. 

“No I was just grabbing a drink” she replied. 

“Isabel, how have you been?” I asked, hoping she’ll reply with something positive. 

“I’m sorry, He’s not feeling well today, he’s mistaken you for someone else.” Seriously, Liv is making me seem like I’m crazy. For a moment I could see her smile but it faded as soon as it came. 

 

A man in a black suit walked up behind her and said, “Isabel, Jeremy wants to speak to you before he leaves” So it is her. 

“I’m busy” she replied coldly

“He just wants a short word with you”, it seemed like he was prying her away from us. 

“Well tell him i’m busy I’m talking to these people!” she seem a little agitated

She looked at us and said, “Maybe we should talk outside” while trying to smile. 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading, subscribe, comment, upvote :))