I Think I Like You

Love Locked Down

        Baekhyun yawns and stretches his arms out as he walks his way to the gates of his school. Not having enough sleep last night, he feels like a corpse dragging it's feet to his own grave. Thinking of what had happened to him last night still feels like a dream, or perhaps nightmare coz hell, is that Kris leaning over the gates waving his hands at him? He stopped dead on his tracks not believing his eyes making the latter walk his way to him.

"Hi!!", Kris beams at him, one hand in the air and the other clinging to the strap of his backpack by his shoulders.

"Hi!!", Baekhyun greets back. He lets his gaze run down to Kris' choice of school clothes which obviously doesn't scream of high-end fashion labels like what all the other students normally wears around their campus. But if Baekhyun will be honest with himself, he still likes Kris this way.

Wait, what?! He likes Kris?! Where did that even came from?!

"I've been waiting for you, i forgot to ask you what time your class starts today so i decided to just wiat here then", says Kris as they make their way inside the campus.

"But what if my class starts in the afternoon, will you wait for me here in hours?", Baekhyun laughs.

"I haven't thought of that but i guess so, i had to play the good boyfriend anyway."

Baekhyun didn't know what to reply to that. But then he doesn't had the time to do so as Kris suddenly grab on his hand, entertwining their fingers and pull him closer to his side, making Baekhyun's breath hitch.

"There goes that weird guy from last night again", Kris murmurs.

Joonmyun isn't a bit discouraged even with the sight in front of him, still pulling out the bouquet from his back and shamelessly offers it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun scoffs.

"Had it not been clear enough to you or you're just really too dumb to understand?"

"I am not dumb, but you know me Baek, i'm not that type to just give up especially when it comes to you."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, maybe he did underestimated Joonmyun's persistence afterall.

"Are you crazy? Do you really think i would just let you what you want and keep pestering my boyfriend? I'm not standing here as his boyfriend for nothing you know? Stay away from Baekhyun!!" Kris fires, eyes glaring at Joonmyun.

"And why would i listen to you when i don't even listen to Baekhyun no matter how many times he's already told me to do so?", mocks Joonmyun.

Kris grits his teeth in annoyance and glared so hard at Joonmyun like his eyes can pierce a hole right through the other's stupid head.

"I don't really get it what part of this ordeal is so hard for you to understand, but get this in your head you psycho, Byun Baekhyun is already mine so off!!!"

And with that, Kris tugged on Baekhyun's hand that he's holding and drag him away to a much safer place, away from his crazy stalker. It's still half an hour early before Baekhyun's class starts so he just let it happen. They settle on a bench close to his building. Kris walked to the vending machine and get themselves some canned coffees and Baekhyun smiled at the familiar sight.

"Oh wow, this feels like a dejavu, you're a pretty consistent guy Kris", Baekhyun jokes as Kis hands him one can.

"Is that an in or a compliment? Oh well, i'll treat you to a real cafe when i get my allowance soon."

"It's an insult!!", Baek laughs. "But really, that's not necessary. I should be the one treating you out in return for playing along with me. I honestly don't know what has gotten to me last night, suddenly introducing you like that and getting you into this mess, i'm really sorry."

"You don't have to be, it was my choice to play along when i could've easily denied you last night instead. But those puppy eyes of yours totallt got me, so here we are."

"Did i really looked so pitiful that you wasn't able to decline me?"

"Yes, you should've seen your face, you looked like a cute desperate-looking puppy, how could i have resist you?"

"Wow, i must've looked very desperate, how embarassing."

"It's cute alright", Kris said, pinching his nose.

Baekhyun just snorts coz he thinks being cute like a puppy is not really complimenting him.

"Would you like me to fetch you again later for lunch?" Kris suddenly asks, changing their topic.

"That depends where will you take me."

"I usually have a pack lunch with me since everything in the canteen's menu doesn't taste good as much as they are pricey, we can share it over if you want."

As much as that invitation sounds tempting, it also sounds so downright typical. Baekhyun is actually used to spending his lunch on a restaurant just around his school, there were too many of them to choose from that he already knows who serves the best steak and caviar among them. He usually doesn't order an overly expensive full-course meal (unless it's his payday). He often ends up getting the second cheapest on their menu (well at least it's not their cheapest, he consoles himself). He doesn't know why but he likes the elegant feeling he gets fine dining gives him.

"I can't, i still have this project to work on so i might just skip lunch", Baekhyun lies.

Kris pouts in disappointment to which Baekhyun can only reply with "Mabe next time" enough for Kris' face to lit up.

"Give me your phone", Kris orders. Baekhyun hands him out his phone and watch Kris punch his number in and tells him to save it. He then fishes for his phone out of his pocket and hands it to Baekhyun. 

"Here, put your number in too."

After exchanging numbers, Kris gets up from his seat, extending a hand to Baekhyun.

"C'mmon, we better get going now, i'll fetch you to your room"

"You don't have to..."

Kris puts a finger to Baekhyun's lips to cut the argument short.

"We're putting on a show here so let's just play it well ok? Besides, that psycho said he's never seen me fetch you, time to prove him wrong now don't you think?"

And so he just let Kris hold his hand while they made their way into his classroom. Upon arriving Baekhyun's room though, prying and judging eyes instantly welcomed them. Students started to gush over them that Joonmyun had to use his authority to draw all their attention and try to keep it down. Feeling uncomfortable with the attention his classmates are suddenly giving him, Baekhyun gulped. Not noticing Baekhyun's tension, Kris tugged on his hand so he can slightly hug him and whispers to his ear.

"I'll see you later baby", he coos, leaving a peck to Baekhyun's cheek.

Wolf whistles and catcalls erupt from inside of the room soon as Kris walked away. Baehyun flushed to the root of his hairs, not mknowing whether to be embarassed over that pretty little scene everyone saw or feel proud of himself because Kris is definitely a good catch, well, almost. However, he doesn't know what to feel about Kris calling him baby out of all the endearments out there (not that he's complaining though). Ignoring the blatant scoffs, he slumps to his seat and catches himself smiling as he replays to his mind just what had happened, his hand reaching up to where Kris pecked him and the sudden warmth on his cheeks made him realize one thing, he had to be careful. He needs to let his guard on and keep in mind that they were just play acting, no more and no less.

               Halfway to his last class, Baekhyun's phone suddenly vibrates on his pocket making him flinch in surprise. He fishes it out only to find a text message from Kris.

"What time does your class ends?"

Baekhyun puts his phone down in one leg, typing a reply while glancing at his teacher from time to time making sure he won 't get caught.

"5pm, why?"

"I'm fetching u remember? :)"

"U don't have to"

"I want to", comes Kris decisive reply. Baekhyun was still busy thinking of an excuse to tell Kris that it's not necessary for him to play his part too seriously when another message from Kris comes in.

"Your teacher's eyeing u, better hide ur phone away now"

Baekhyun looks wo where his Professor is and finds he was really looking at him suspiciously, making him abruptly return his phone back to his pocket. Minutes have passed before he thought of how Kris was able to warn him right. A couple of minutes later, things finally clicked to their right places on his mind. He turn to look at the doorway and saw Kris, all in his glorious gummy smilr and waving his hands at him. Baekhyunj returns the smile but not genuinely coz did he just got himself a new stalker in Kris?

             The road is partially covered with a thin layer of snow from the moderate snowpour that night. Baekhyun suddenly remembered he's still got Kris' jacket with him back home. He wishes he should've brought it with him to return to Kris and the other might lend it to him again right now coz it was so cold.

"You're awfully quiet, is something wrong?", Kris asked.

They were walking to the bus stop while holding hands. Soon nas Baekhyun stepped out of his classroom earlier, Kris' hands instantly seeked his like it's the most natural thing on earth. Once they're seated and Kris still hadn't let go of his hands, Baekhyun voiced out his concern.

"Why are you still holding my hand?"

Kris looked into him, and then into their clasped hands, back to Baekhyun's face and just shrugs.

"Why not?"

"But we're not in school anymore, there's no need for you to...."

Baekhyun's sentence was cutted off midway when Kris grabbed for his other hand, entertwining Baekhyun's own hands together before enveloping them on his large ones, bringing it up close to his lips and blows air into them.

"You're hands are freezing Baek, i'm just trying to keep you warm"

No matter how sweet that is of Kris, Baekhyun held on to his sanity because no, he should not get affected by everything Kris does to him. Not when he knows the other is just playing his part on this charade he had woven himself in the first place. The bus arrives just in time to save Baekhyun from his emotional turmoil. He gently pulled out his hands out of Kris' grip, walks away and climbs into the bus. It will be rude to just leave Kris there without a word even if that is what he really wants to do at that moment. He then turned to Kris with a serious look on his face.

"Let me just remind you that we're only putting on a show Kris, and i'd like to make it clear that you can never be my style", Baekhyun said, tone cold.

Kris just stared at him dumbfounded, till the bus door closes between them. Watching the bus ran away from him, Kris mutters into the air.

"Too late for the warning Baekhyun, coz i think i likt you already.."

Just then, a voice calls out from behind Kris, startling him.

"Young Master, Madaam Wu wants to see you."

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's chapter 2 baby, just as i promised posting it on a weekday and i actually enjoyed writing this part :) I'm still midway writing chapter 3 though coz i'm having too much work and i got mindblocks recently just when i'm in the mood to write.. So please give me a lot more time this time, i might post the next chapter on a weekend again next week. I'm doing my best to come up with something good for my fic debut, please show some support :P Again, sorry for my limited english and thank u for reading as always :) P.S Happy birthday Chanyeol!! ^^